• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    Movie Bob/Game Overthinker disagrees, for he finds Super Mario Bros. 3 the best Mario platformer, as well as best platformer in general, since Super Mario World was held back by the SNES's limitations due to being one of the first titles for the system, unlike SMB3, which didn't have those limitations.

I honestly strongly dislike SMB3. The controls were still imperfect (a big improvement over SMB 1, but that's not saying very much) and all the levels just...weren't very interesting. I'm never excited for the desert world, water worlds always suck, the big world was meh, the sky was kinda cool, ice worlds...meh, pipe world more meh. The difficulty was also strangely uneven. Just look at world 8. Those tank levels were brutal...then the rest of the levels provided no challenge. The different power ups were quite fun.

Super Mario World best platformer anyone?

Anyone? No? Okay.

Do you still believe in one another?

<3 Super Mario World is perfection. The difficulty is a bit on the low side, but the incredibly HUGE world of Super Mario World hacks offer sooooooo many different worlds and challenges. The controls were just absolute perfect in this game.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't like Super Mario Bros. 3. The levels are tiny. And I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't find its visual aesthetic to be the definition of the Mario series. I like the new power ups like the Racoon and the Frog.

Super Mario World is refined. It is a little bit more on the easy side, but the physics and level design is bliss. Plus Yoshi. Hidden exits. Great music.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    the thing about DKC is how beautiful it looked. it's easily the best-looking platformer from that era. and the fucking MUSIC was also incredible. and to add to that it was just great fun.

I never actually played Super Mario World much, but I love SMB3.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    The only Mario-related game I play is on SNES and only works some of the time. I'm grateful that the system itself still works at all, though.

hi I'm back <3

Years
    I REALLY liked Super Mario World, that one was good stuff. But Super Mario Bros. 3 was too difficult and I never actually finished it.

oh dear goodness not again

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I downloaded Super Mario Bros 2, and The Lost Levels on my 3ds, but I never even came close to beating either of them because I have the attention span of a goldfish.

now you don't have to miss me, pendraflare :D

Sir Codin

Super Mario Bros. 3 comes at a close second for me in terms of 2D Mario platformers. It isn't as refined as World, but it's still a blast to play with another person and mock each other for fuck-ups.

Years
    Super Mario Bros. 3 comes at a close second for me in terms of 2D Mario platformers. It isn't as refined as World, but it's still a blast to play with another person and mock each other for fuck-ups.

Yeah out of the 3 Mario Brothers the 3rd one is my favorite. I played so many times, with warp whistles and not. But speaking of some NES classics I HATE Mega Man. Not really but their difficulty. I need to buy more money to get 4-7 since I got the 2nd and 3rd.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Yeah out of the 3 Mario Brothers the 3rd one is my favorite. I played so many times, with warp whistles and not. But speaking of some NES classics I HATE Mega Man. Not really but their difficulty. I need to buy more money to get 4-7 since I got the 2nd and 3rd.
    The PSP remake, Mega Man Powered Up, is much superior, but knowing how the fans complained about Mega Man 10's difficulty setting, Powered Up's difficulty setting may be why it's never been talked about.

Sir Codin

Passed two courses, failed one. Such is life.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    The PSP remake, Mega Man Powered Up, is much superior, but knowing how the fans complained about Mega Man 10's difficulty setting, Powered Up's difficulty setting may be why it's never been talked about.

Well, everyone adores Mega Man 2 and it had an easy mode.

However, it also had me, so it's hard not to be a favorite.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I hate Mega Man and have never played a single game. I didn't even choose Megaman as my Smash Bros character.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back