• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    thing about instruments is they're a pain in the FUCKING ass for like the first year or two which is why it's kinda shitty. (this is somewhat unrelated to your strife Poki I am just soapboxing here) like it's really tough to really get into drums for a long time because you're so focused on keeping the rhythm and doing everything properly. it feels kinda boring even but now I get so into it when I play and it's such a great reward. I thrash around and stuff, which is surprisingly hard to do at all when you're first starting (and I imagine it's the same with guitar). I dunno why I went off on this semi-tangent.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I can thrash a bit on the piano because of how soft they are. You know, just let my fingers roll all over them.

maccrash, trigonometry is our Way. We are One with It.

On another note, apparently going around in a slinky women's robe in public means I'm really secure in my manhood. I just thought it looked good.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    So we went and visited with family (again), and I got my dues for fixing the PC I'm borrowing right now along with the review I did...

wow. I have like $65 not doing anything, I wish I had something worthwhile for it. I wouldn't want it to get swept away with my mad dough in a month or two... xD

What do you guys do with spare money? :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    What do you guys do with spare money? :P

Jeeze, I don't know... maybe put it in my bank account. Most of my transactions are online anyway, so...

Anyway, today I was supposed to visit my half sister with my mother, seeing that it's my niece's birthday. But alas, the snow got here first & the plan was thrown out the window.

She even baked a coconut cake for that occasion. Since we're not coming over, the cake is ours, & by "ours" I meant my parents, as I wouldn't want to touch that with a ten-foot pole (I disdain anything with coconut in it.)

Thus, my niece isn't getting any home-baked cake for her birthday this year.
    Do you still believe in one another?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I save as much money as I can, but bills, bills, bills. All my money goes to bills and like maybe $50 a week IF THAT goes to entertainment. Can't just do nothing for weeks on end.

Years
    any extra money i get pretty much just goes into the bank. I actually try not to splurge too much, and every time I do I feel kind of guilty. :(

although I say that and I was the one who bought two little owl statuettes and a triceratops plushie yesterday because I could. In my defense, they both came from dollar stores and were uber cheap.

but things like video games and stuff, I always have to take time to justify why to myself.

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
    I love that we went through about three different topics today, already. I guess we're all having a splendid Valentine's Day, haha...

Lately any spare money goes into one of two savings that I have, one for musical instruments and other things, and the other for a gaming computer that I'll build (someday).
    I did splurge on a PS Vita earlier, though...

Poki, keep at it! When I first started playing Guitar, I despised barre chords. After a while they just start to feel natural, though. Remember to do hand, finger, and tendon stretches every day, several times a day. All that fingering can really tighten you up. #threadtitle

Years
    I have quite a bit of money, and although that number doesn't go up during the semester, I usually use it to get dinners when I go out on the weekends. Or accessories at the bookstore.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I think I have quite decent money if it comes to buying some life-related stuffs like meals and some essential stuffs, but if it comes to buying other stuffs like, for example, buying a book or a movie, it's a totally different story.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    I put all if not most of my check towards living expenses. So if i do have leftovers I saved them for things I've wished to purchase or for gifts and things.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I put most of my money on my bank account. I'll use it to get my driver's licence, and it's handy to have money for when I'll need a new PC or school books.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I put all of my money in my bank account because I got overdrawn once and got charged some ludicrous fee and now I get scared any time my balance gets below like $200. I've been being more careful with my money, I wage war within myself whenever I decide I want or need something. The struggle. Ugh.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I put all of my money in my bank account because I got overdrawn once and got charged some ludicrous fee and now I get scared any time my balance gets below like $200. I've been being more careful with my money, I wage war within myself whenever I decide I want or need something. The struggle. Ugh.

I feel ya. It's not easy to decide if we'll buying new stuffs or whatnot when we find out that our money supply are limited, isn't it? Sometimes I'm struggling if I should spend my money in the bank to buy stuffs like video games (man, even video games are sooooo expensive at my economy standards) or keep it to buy more advanced Android phones or even a Blu-ray Player instead.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    I put the most on my bank account, at the moment I still have some spare money from my birthday a month ago and I am planning to spend some of it to buy a new board game.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I dunno what it is, but I have this really bad urge to be generous with others when I have spare money. Like, in the car to others I'll just let them know, "hey, I have a few extra bucks if you guys need anything! :3"

Because I seriously can't think of anything useful to do with it. ><

#thestruggleisreal

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I dunno what it is, but I have this really bad urge to be generous with others when I have spare money. Like, in the car to others I'll just let them know, "hey, I have a few extra bucks if you guys need anything! :3"

Because I seriously can't think of anything useful to do with it. ><

#thestruggleisreal

I always offer to pay my friends for gas even if we're just going down the street or something. I feel so bad bumming rides off of people. I sometimes try to buy food instead when we go a little further because they don't eat too much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back