• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • Elf is great. Ugh, but I haven't seen it in a long time, so I can't remember a whole lot of my favorite moments...

I really like Gladiator and King Arthur though. I need to watch the former a few more times so it's not as emotionally heavy. Or maybe I need to not be so depressive, I dunno. Both are legendary movies about legendary legends, and also... Hans Zimmer. He always makes good music, I like to think of him as a Beethoven of our time.

Years
  • Elf is pretty funny, but it isn't really a favourite. My favourite holiday movies are probably the old Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and A Christmas Story. A Christmas Story is freaking great, man.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I just saw that movie for the first time this past week, haha. Not bad but I'm not sure if I'll add it to my normal holiday rotation every year. Had some funny moments though.
    I have seen it waaaaay too many times now.

Immediate family every year since release in our holiday rotation. But then when visiting extended family... it's a movie that appeals to everyone and very little kids love it, so it comes up a lot. I'm awfully sure it's going to be playing Christmas Eve and Day when I'm visiting people

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Elf was a riot when it first came out, and since I don't see it enough it kind of still is to me. Will Feral was funny in it. Huuuuuuh

Also, that stupid dog is out tomorrow, and I'm finally getting my fucking cat. At long last, I do not have to have a house where a 60 pound puppy goes around terrorizing my leisure. I'm so excited I'm probably going to compress Arthur all to hell <333333

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    If you want good Christmas feels from a movie, go watch Love Actually. I don't watch corny rom-coms that much, or at all to be honest, but the combination of Bill Nighy, Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, and Liam Neeson is too much for me not to watch it. Personally love british comedy, and that's why it was an exception.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • If you want good Christmas feels from a movie, go watch Love Actually. I don't watch corny rom-coms that much, or at all to be honest, but the combination of Bill Nighy, Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, and Liam Neeson is too much for me not to watch it. Personally love british comedy, and that's why it was an exception.

I had Love Actually some years ago, and was told by family it wasn't any good. Then again those people weren't good for much either and I tend to like your opinion on things, so if I could I'd try it. British humor is great.

It was a lot like a horror-comedy I saw called Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. What motivated me to watch it to begin with was Alan Tudyk and the genre label, and even though I usually don't like horrors that much at all through and through I really enjoyed it. The humor had an amazing depth to it that I really liked.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • AAAA I watched love actually the other night specifically for Christmas. There's nothing that puts me more in a Christmassy mood than that movie.

It's just such a charming movie and it's the ideal Christmas movie because it's actually not about Christmas, it just happens to occur at Christmas time.

Yukari

Ah yes, people discussing topics I don't know anything about again.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • My cat is so cute <333

He likes being brushed but he's not yet close enough for me to hug him, but soon enough I'll loosen him up for him not to claw me anymore. He is entirely jet black with these beautiful green eyes, and these awful people here haven't given him anywhere near enough litter to where he's rationing his bathroom trips :(

I'm going to take really good care of him for sure. he's very cute :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Sit down, y'all, because I got a wonderful story to tell here.

Okay, so I went to running training today, nobody being there, me waiting a lot etcetera, and I must say
    Thank the teachers for making me wait and not being there, making me run on own initiative
    Basically, on the road home, near the Foody's (some shop with various vending machines)
    I wanted to stop there in order to get me some Pocky (Technically Mikado in Belgium, but it's a renamed Pocky, so I'll identify it as such), but what I found instead made my face light up
    I found my bike, stood there, unlocked, with ducttape covering the engraved part on the hull. I attempted to take it along, and to the police office, but one person ran out, claiming it was his bike
    And, well, the argument seemed endless. Eventually, he started threatening to knock me out and stuff,throwing "false punches" (basically, punching with the intention to miss)
    He kept insisting that it was a christmas gift he got, and that it cost him 1500€ and he kept demanding me 800€..
    He acted surprisingly violent when I called the police (who couldn't help me nor connect me to our city's police)
    Then I delivered his proof: I ripped off part of the ducttape, him trying to punch me while I'm doing so, yet hesitating to do it
    And still, he kept insisting it was HIS christmas present thus HIS bike (at this point we can all assume he stole it one month ago)
    I did something that made me feel horrible: I punched him in the face. After this we kept going, him giving up after I punched him twice more.. (Man, I hate hurting people, even in situations like these...)
    I rushed to town, cycling with my recovered bike in one hand
    I was basically panicking, went to the police office, locked my bike, pretty much hyperventilating
    The officers were nice enough to help me out, asked me for proof, at which I said it was engraved and told him I had my ID card with me
    Through my ID card, they could verify that it was indeed my bike.
    So they loaded it up, went to the Foody's and went to my house after that
    And, well, my bike's finally home, but I can't help but feel horrible for what I did..

And I must say, I was terrified and still am.. They threatened to knock me out full blast. And even though it's "just a threat", what if it actually happens?
    Anyways, I finally got my bike back after a long while.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Sit down, y'all, because I got a wonderful story to tell here.

Okay, so I went to running training today, nobody being there, me waiting a lot etcetera, and I must say
    Thank the teachers for making me wait and not being there, making me run on own initiative
    Basically, on the road home, near the Foody's (some shop with various vending machines)
    I wanted to stop there in order to get me some Pocky (Technically Mikado in Belgium, but it's a renamed Pocky, so I'll identify it as such), but what I found instead made my face light up
    I found my bike, stood there, unlocked, with ducttape covering the engraved part on the hull. I attempted to take it along, and to the police office, but one person ran out, claiming it was his bike
    And, well, the argument seemed endless. Eventually, he started threatening to knock me out and stuff,throwing "false punches" (basically, punching with the intention to miss)
    He kept insisting that it was a christmas gift he got, and that it cost him 1500€ and he kept demanding me 800€..
    He acted surprisingly violent when I called the police (who couldn't help me nor connect me to our city's police)
    Then I delivered his proof: I ripped off part of the ducttape, him trying to punch me while I'm doing so, yet hesitating to do it
    And still, he kept insisting it was HIS christmas present thus HIS bike (at this point we can all assume he stole it one month ago)
    I did something that made me feel horrible: I punched him in the face. After this we kept going, him giving up after I punched him twice more.. (Man, I hate hurting people, even in situations like these...)
    I rushed to town, cycling with my recovered bike in one hand
    I was basically panicking, went to the police office, locked my bike, pretty much hyperventilating
    The officers were nice enough to help me out, asked me for proof, at which I said it was engraved and told him I had my ID card with me
    Through my ID card, they could verify that it was indeed my bike.
    So they loaded it up, went to the Foody's and went to my house after that
    And, well, my bike's finally home, but I can't help but feel horrible for what I did..

And I must say, I was terrified and still am.. They threatened to knock me out full blast. And even though it's "just a threat", what if it actually happens?
    Anyways, I finally got my bike back after a long while.

Honestly, I'd say cool story bro but then it wouldn't sound genuine

I liked the read but it seems a bit out of place... then again blogs are all tied up smh <_<

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Honestly, I'd say cool story bro but then it wouldn't sound genuine

I liked the read but it seems a bit out of place... then again blogs are all tied up smh <_<

Well, I took this from my deviantart journal (essentially a blog) so that might explain the "out of place" bit.

And really, thanks for not saying "cool story bro"
    I really dislike that phrase. <_<

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • You know, the weirdest thing about my interaction with this cat is that he's scratched my hands up a good bit to where I'd expect minor scarring, but it didn't really hurt at all and I don't feel them like I would normal wounds. It's strange :O

I really like him. He's a good cat, and he'll get used to me. I am the cat whisperer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back