• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you talk to yourself?

Minishcap

Fecaloma
Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Sometimes, especially when I work I talk a little to myself to keep track of what I'm doing (giving myself instructions).

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I talk to myself all the time. When I'm all alone I got no one else to talk to. :P

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I do, but not a whole lot. I mainly talk to myself when I'm angry and want to re-enact a situation the way I wish it had happened. Otherwise it's just when I sort of read under my breath XD

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I talk to myself A LOT. sometimes I can't keep it in my head, and I usually end up saying everything that is in my head. I have a lot of people say "Why do you talk to yourself?" and I say, "It's a mystery to me."

Years
  • I stay stuff aloud all the time, whether it be reminders or just absend-minded crap. As for actual conversations, very rarely. In my writing files, though, that's a different story... -_-;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I have a habit of talking to myself when I'm in the process of doing something, even when there are people around. My friends (and even my family) always ask me who I'm talking to and I'm just like "oh, just thinking aloud... *bad poker face*" But yeah, I'll always vocalize what I'm doing even if there's no one around.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Yes too often actually, even when there are people around. makes me doubt myself lol??

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • yes. i usually engage in a monologue (with myself, of course) whenever i remember something quite funny or embarrassing (mostly embarrassing). i suppose it's my way of dealing with the tension i feel whenever i remember those moments.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • In my head, I debate with myself about things I should or shouldn't do or say. I suppose that would be a conscience though, but I always give myself both sides of an argument. I usually pick my smarter side than any other though.

I also talk to myself to encourage myself or push through a hard workout. I insult myself and tell myself people that have hurt me in the past could do whatever I am trying to do. That I don't want them to be better than me and to go harder. And it works usually.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm kind of surprised this is a common attribute. I've never talked to myself or felt an urge too, it's something I expect from movies not real life. There are nicer things to listen to than my own voice restating my thoughts.
    I'm a firm believer that this is something that everyone does, and people who say otherwise are lying.
    I'd be more than happy to admit far worse things than this. Definitely not something everyone does.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Yes, quite a bit, but I usually do it in a low, quiet voice. But for whatever reason, I do like to voice my thoughts. Maybe it helps me remember them. I'm not really sure but quite often you can catch me talking to myself, usually asking myself, "What was I going to do now?"

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Oh yeah. For the most part, it's verbalising what I'm thinking without realising it. Like... I'll be thinking about something in my head - say, a conversation between people - and my mouth will just start moving independently from my brain. Sometimes it freaks people out, but most people I know are now used to it. I'll sometimes actively talk to myself (like: "Where did I put the car keys?") but it's mostly my brain's incoherent mumbling that's the cause of talking to myself.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    All the time. I can insult myself, praise myself and have a conversation with myself. I find myself interesting and when I ask myself questions, his answers are so unique. We even have the same birthdays! 8D

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Incessantly. It's not uncommon for those around me to think I'm talking to them, since I talk so much to myself.

Common topics revolve around ideas or just plain complaining about something that happened. I occasionally refer to myself in third person or have pseudoconversations with myself, but never to a particularly strange level.

Essentials

Lost in Thought
    Years
  • Always. And I mean always. I remember a time when I said to myself (out loud):
    "I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man, I can shake-a my fanny, I can shake-a my can, I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-a your buns, punch-a your buns, I can punch-a your buns, if you're an evil witch I will punch you for fun!"
    It was from Adventure Time on Cartoon Network, of course. :D

Back