• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Ash's Butterfree will ever return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalMothra

Super Butterfree trainer!!
Years
  • Since Butterfree was Ash's first wildly caught pokemon, wouldn't you think it would return someday?

Years
  • This goes in TV Shows and Movies ^^
    I don't think so. His Pidgeot hasn't made a return either. I'd like to see a return from one of them though!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • This was left out in the dubbed version, but in the original version of that episode, Ash's Pok?dex states that Butterfree die after mating. So it can be assumed that Ash's Butterfree will never come back.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
  • No, because Batafurii die after mating. (Like bugs). Satoshi never cried like that when he released his other Pokemon. He and Pikachu cried so hard because they knew Batafurii was going to die. 4-Kids are just d*cks who change things because they have death mentionings in them. Ugh... They made Satoshi look like a crybaby.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • FAAAAALSE.

Murgatroyd over at SPPf confirmed no such line existed in the Japanese version. The rumor's been finally put to rest. It was all fan-made by people who didn't understand the language.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Nicoleb, watch your language and do not censor bypass.

*moves to TV shows and movies*

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • I hope Butterfree does make a comeback, but I would love to see a return from his Pidgeot moreso. He left it just outside Pallet Town, so I find it strange that he hasn't at least tried to visit it during his many returns to Pallet Town throughout his Pokemon journey.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Hm, I've heard that rumor about the 'actual japanese text' too. I'm not sure whether to believe it or not. It would explain why ash and pikachu cried so hard. Even if that rumor is not true, though, wasn't that the first time Ash ever gave up a Pokemon? (I think it was, but my memory's kind of rusty.) That would also explain why he cried as much as he did.

As for my opinion on whether or not Butterfree will return, I doubt it will. It just doesn't seem likely at this point - if Butterfree is dead, it's not returning. If it's alive, it probably has a family now XD. Yeah, stupid reason, but I still doubt it.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
  • wait in the new japan eppissodes most of his old pokemon (the 20 something toros, snorlax, the cindaquil, tododile and chicorita, and bulbasaur. i want too see charizard again as well as pidgeoto and buterfree

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Kakashi and Sasuke Lover said:
    Hmm...........

How do you know he won't return during the battle frontier saga? XD X3

*glomps Kakashi*

It's possible, but not very likely. The Frontier saga takes place in Kanto, so Ash may at least come in contact with his old Butterfree if/when he goes around where he made his nest...

Years
  • I don't think so. It's been forever since Butterfree left. I think, if they were to bring him back, they would have done it earlier ^^;

Lonepichu

Happy-Insane dance time
    Years
  • Primeape, Pidgeot, Squirtle, and Butterfree were all dumped in Kanto. Squirtle is the only one of those to mke a return appearance (Charizard does too, but that is irrelavant to my point)

I severely doubt Butterfree will return, he's too busy mating, raising a family, dying to return.

Pidgeot and Primeape, what about them? Everyone seems to forget about Primeape.

Hehe, wonder if he'll encounter that Haunter he befriended again...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back