• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think HG/SS beat the originals?

Do you think HG/SS beat the originals?

• Yes

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • This is similar to the FR/LG one (I was holding this one off until the games were released in the US). But seriously do you think that Heartgold and Soulsilver beat the original Gold and Silver games?

For me it's yes. Graphics, battles, music, items, etc., these games got Gold and Silver beaten :]

NatureKeeper

All the way. The games are way better and improved.

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • Definitely!
    Everything in those games is way better than the old GSC ... anyways I would always remember that day when I got my first Pokemon game for my GameBoy - Silver. I could never forget that!

But I can't deny that the remakes are awesome. The new music is just incredible! And ... the graphics are just ... amazing!

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    Of course, they are remakes. I love the usefulness that Red Gyarados can be now, it was kinda stuck in a slump in GSC.

There is also like, a tenfold worth of new things to do post-storyline now, it's kept me really busy since I got it.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I haven't got it yet, silly UK, but considering that I used to go around Silver collecting Skarmory's thinking they were rare, I think HGSS will be better.

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    ...No? I'm just not a giant fan of the interface, the graphics, music, etc etc. The games are great in their own right, but I can't really compare them to the originals. I just prefer Generation I and II to III and IV, really. But all the games are fantastic.

Inb4 nostalgia.

Chrisbob78

SoulSilver
    Years
  • I do, I mean your first pokemon of your team follows you. It's like yellow version,I love the game it's like the old one's for a newer era of pokemon fan's.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • That's big yes. Nintendo did a great job recreating the experience of G/S/C and making it much longer and better overall. The only thing I miss is the Shiny Egg from the Day-Care Couple... D:

Nintendo basically mixed everything they've done so far in past games and put everything into one.

bluecat

just another day
    Years
  • I wouldn't say 'beat' so much as 'improved upon'. HG/SS wouldn't be as amazing as it is if the original source material wasn't as great as it was. I think they are both wonderful games for their time.

Last edited:

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
  • Well I've played the originals and the jap version of this one. And from what I've seen, they have. These games are just awesome. I cant wait until i get mine tom.

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Definitly!
    • Better Graphics
    • Better Music
    • Better Sprites
    • Better Items
    • Better Battle
    • Super awesome Contests

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I have to say that Nintendo did an awesome job with Heart Gold/Soul Silver. The layout is the best, I love the use of the touch screen, the updated graphics and music are spectacular, but...to me, it can never best the original. For me, there's a certain feeling associated with Pokémon Gold that wasn't there for me in HG/SS. In my opinion, the original will always be the best, but don't get me wrong. This one is the great! :D

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • I say yes to everything but 1 single thing.

The animations of the moves in battle.
    I mean flamethrower is so dull now... like its just a line of fire! While in my old crystal it was a line of fire spinning around! I loved it, crystal made it my favourite move and now its just ruined...

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Not really. Kind of like AsaQuilava said, I think these games are great, standing off on their own. But I can't really compare them to the old ones. The music, graphics, and interface is outstanding, but I will always enjoy playing G/S more.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • The originals will always hold a special place in my heart for how ahead of their time they were and how fun they were to play. For those reasons, I am expecting to enjoy the remakes all the more. When my HG finally arrives from pre-order. =/

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    Not really. Kind of like AsaQuilava said, I think these games are great, standing off on their own. But I can't really compare them to the old ones. The music, graphics, and interface is outstanding, but I will always enjoy playing G/S more.

same for me i think i dont have ss or hg yet but i allways liked the originals and i have played a demo of hg at game arceus event

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • yes, of course! the silver/gold graphics cannot compare to HGSS :)
    also, pokeathlon and the lead pokemon following you are so fun and cute!

Back