• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you think Platinum should include Version 5 Pokémon?

So, should they?

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    I was thinking about Platinum needing Version 5 Pokémon in it, excluding the new forms. They might appear in the next version, but should they appear in Platinum, or maybe even the Version FOUR sequel to that?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Theres my answer for you. This tropic is all noob. Come on now. Im sorry to flame but come on. 5th gen in platinum. Pfft im waiting to see more ridiculous stuff happen.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Theres my answer for you. This tropic is all noob. Come on now. Im sorry to flame but come on. 5th gen in platinum. Pfft im waiting to see more ridiculous stuff happen.

You do know that Bonsly and Munchlax appeared in Gen 4, right?

As did 4th Gen move Nightmare (Which can only be learned via move tutor in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness)

Bonsly was usable in Battle Bingo in XD, and thus had base stats programmed in and (theoretically, with the use of a cheating device) could possibly be used normally in-game.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years

You do know that Bonsly and Munchlax appeared in Gen 4, right?

As did 4th Gen move Nightmare (Which can only be learned via move tutor in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness)

Bonsly was usable in Battle Bingo in XD, and thus had base stats programmed in and (theoretically, with the use of a cheating device) could possibly be used normally in-game.

Yep.
    But we all know it's not going to happen because of trading difficulties to D/P.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    you really think Game Freak is thinking of 5th Gen pokes right now? when they are currently the largest money-maker in the entire pokemon series, called Platinum? they have enough to contend with instead of making 5th pokes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    No, I think not. Aside from all of the programming conflicts and such with D/P, if ANY 5th Generation Pokemon were to be added into Platinum, they would have to include the 5th Gen starters for any Pokedex purposes (since they are ALWAYS the first in any given region's Pokedex), and that would cause conflicts with future games if one-time starters were already available in another game.

...If you followed that, give yourself a cookie.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • you really think Game Freak is thinking of 5th Gen pokes right now? when they are currently the largest money-maker in the entire pokemon series, called Platinum? they have enough to contend with instead of making 5th pokes.

Actually,
    I think some people at game freak are CONSTANTLY coming up with new pokemon ideas :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    well, there's a difference between wanting to see it happen and having it happen. i mean, i guess some cameos could take place. remember PMD red and blue? the statues from the dojo had cameos for bonsly, mime jr, lucario, and munchlax by the trophies they gave you.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
  • Maybe like hints and crap about the new ones, or a new legendary

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
  • Maybe like hints and crap about the new ones, or a new legendary
    I think the 4th gen gave us enough legendarys thank you. Plus I don't mind a hint or like a preview at the end of the game, like after the credits but no 5th gen need to be playable in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    No. Won't happen. There won't be cameo/non-playable versions of Gen5 Pokemon either. And don't say "they did it in PMD1 and XD", either. When those games came out, Gen3 has been around for like four to five years, and Gen4 was just around the corner.

They didn't put Gen2 Pokemon in Yellow, did they? Or Gen4 in Emerald? Platinum is being released too early for them to be including Pokemon of the next Gen. Maybe in a future spin-off a year from Gen5, but definately not now. Tht would imply that the 5th Gen is literally a year or two away...

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • I'd like to see, maybe some kind of pattern in the game which represents a new pokemon, not catchable, but maybe something you can go talk to or something. That would rock :0

Hiraku

Resident Italian Cutie
    Years
  • I am living proof. My uncle works for Pokemon (as some of you know) and he told me it is true and they are already working on the 6th Gen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back