• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think you are 'Normal'?

The Red Chain

Normal, in my own opinion doesn't have one true definition.
    Everyone has different perceptions of the word normal.
    To one it could mean that you act like most other people personality wise, boring in other words..
    or to another a normal person goes car jacking and smashes into everything they see for the hell of it.

But to get straight to the point, normal is a completely opinionated word.
    In most people's eyes I am not normal, but to others I am.
    So it really depends on the person.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    As some have said, labeling one as "normal" or not is rather detrimental to the society in a whole, ostracizing those who are different. However, since you based this thread off of one you saw, I will not point fingers.

Anyhow, I tend to be extremely introverted by myself, with much self reflection, almost to a religious or philosophical extent. I also tend to be very artistic, and my true emotions are shown when writing stories as my introverted self, many of which have quite a bit of symbolic violence and emotion, which I actually feel as I write the story down, whether it be in word or image form.

When in a group, I tend to be at the other extreme, although this quality has been drifting from me for some time. I tend to be rather loud and aggressive, and lacking of deep thought or irrational. I tend to be more affected by constant battering in this state than in my introverted self, and I tend to overreact.

All in all, it's up to the reader of this post to decide whether these characteristics are "normal" or not.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I ask you what counts as normal??
    I really dont know xD
    I mean Mentally and what not yes but if everybody is differnt can there really be the definition 'normal'?
    Normality is a state of mind i think. You can only feel it and still feeling normal is only feeling yourself, Which in respect is different to every other Being on this planet.
    So noooo I'm not not not normal xD

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    I'm obsessed with pokemon. Of course that's not completely normal. *ahem* I liked to think I'm pretty darn normal, not the average teenager but in most aspects I'm normal.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I have parts of me that are normal, but most of me is not, compared to what normal is around me.
    I don;t like the regular sports (only Golf and soccer), I have an interest in technology that most would say crosses the line of normal, and I work 2 very different jobs (baker and dairy clerk at times)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I could go on a whole rant now, as to what people perceive as 'normal', but I won't.

Myself? Well, my 'bunch' of friends have been called 'weird', and I say whatever comes into my head at the time, even if it is completely random.

If you were asking about my mental state, then I'd say I was normal, just that sometimes I display OCD tendencies.. which some people have called 'weird' before.

Last edited:

pkmnhippy

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    Not at all, sane people don't have dreams which involve them using fast internet and being really good at games.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    It depends on what the definition of "normal". I'm sure I have certain quirks or personality traits that some would consider normal, but others would consider weird or odd. So, I suppose I'm a pretty normal guy, but others may not think so simply because they think differently.

That is how I feel about it as well.

I classify what I do as fairly normal, except perhaps my habit of being online for too long. Others probably would see what I find normal different, perhaps even weird by some people's standards but hey, everyone has their own opinions.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Normality is very relative. Everyone's got a different opinion of what normal is. If you mean the high school type of normal, as opposed to a complete loner loser, then yes I am normal. But I, myself, consider myself weird to an extent, but I'm not anti-social in any way and I get along with almost everyone. So that's normal. But yeah everyone's got an odd side to themselves, as do I.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    NO

There is not one vein in my body that is normal. No, let me rephrase that- absolutely no one in my family is normal. I swear, we need our own reality show. My family is crazy, obnoxious, weird, annoying, challenged- a few others that I don't feel like naming, but we are nowhere even remotely close to normal.

I'm not trying to offend anyone in my family, because this goes for me as well, but something about us... nothing is normal. There always as to be something wrong. There always has to be a tragedy, or an emergency, or problem, or anything that doesn't follow the lines of normal. And I'm italicizing that word because that is how outrageous the word is to us. Normal is like a joke to us. There is more of a chance for a Magikarp to beat Mewtwo than for us to be normal. And-

I could go on forever, so I'm stopping there. :x

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Hmm, I suppose I am 'normal' but I do kinda lean towards the 'weird' side with the things I do and say according to my friends, so I dunno. ;P

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    No, no, no and no.

I HAVE AN IMAGINARY RAINBOW EYEBALL WITH A TAIL GROWING ON IT.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    If by normal you mean:

-Laughing in dead silence because of something that happened yesturday
    -Screaming at the top of your lungs when toaster pops out of the toaster
    -Laughing at others misfourtune
    -Wearing bright, colorful clothing
    -Being a Ninja
    -Hanging out with a boy who can kill you with his bare hands
    -Going to Target/WalMart/Petsmart for entertaiment

Then yes, I am very normal.

If you don't mean normal by the things I listed above then HELL NO!

I am totally not normal. I tried being normal once...I was bored out of my mind 5 seconds later.

So, you all have the right to your opinions, and I just have the right to think your plain stupid.

But, that's just me.

Back