• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you tip?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • What does style actually do for you anyway? Like, are there benefits to being considered highly stylish? Is it worth the money?

I don't tip because I've not heard of any benefits of doing so. There were rumours of it boosting shiny rates, but I don't think those were ever confirmed - do correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Apparently style makes discounts more frequent but I'm not sure.

I always give the small tips. I can't refuse some of them either. The lost Furfrou is one of them.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • What does style actually do for you anyway? Like, are there benefits to being considered highly stylish? Is it worth the money?

I don't tip because I've not heard of any benefits of doing so. There were rumours of it boosting shiny rates, but I don't think those were ever confirmed - do correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Off of the top of my head (meaning there's probably more that I don't remember), being stylish...
    -gets you into the Sushi High Roller
    -gets you into the fancy clothing store
    -lowers the prices of the mega stones in the Stone Emporium by A LOT
    -lowers the prices of cabs

Also, the higher shiny rate in the Friend Safari was never confirmed either. :P

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Also, the higher shiny rate in the Friend Safari was never confirmed either. :P

...there's a supposedly higher shiny rate in the friend safari? @__@

How did I never know this, haha.
    Anywho, the other things you mentioned don't bother me all that much; mega stones are really easy to get using PC because a lot of people are happy to trade them away, and I've never been too bothered about clothing. For a long time I never knew you could change your clothing anyway, haha. It's definitely a nice idea for people who are bothered by what your clothes are and all that, though. The more stuff you can do the merrier after all. :]

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
  • All the time.I feel guilty when I don't gave them a tip especially when the maid in battle chateau gives me a "......" expression.

Years
  • I do! I feel bad otherwise and am glad to see I'm not alone. xD;;; It's become a habit to tip people 1k in the games and isn't ever really a problem since I'm a rich kid myself. ;P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I tip the maximum value whenever I come across the prompt because I thought it would boost my chances of encountering a shiny.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I used to tip at the smallest amount when I was not having much money in Pokémon X, but because I'm able to get more money without issues these days, I can tip anyone with the highest amount possible, and I like tipping in the game, just because I wanted to.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I usually will tip but it'll be the lowest amount because I'm cheap as. Even though they aren't real people I still feel bad if I don't. Especially because if you don't they'll go all quiet and I'm just like, "crap, they hate me, don't they?" >_<

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    I used to never tip then I heard it could help with shinys so I figured why not tipped twice at le wow then did some wonder trading and got a 6iv mewtwo doubt the tipping had any thing to do with that but I'm tipping every chance I get you never know

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    I used to tip the smallest amount, but now the cash is flowing I usually give bigger amounts. Never refused though, you never know the consequences. It seems a bit illogical to me too that you can tip all your money away and that you never get anything. I thought once that maybe they want to keep you from getting so much money you can buy everything by making you feel guilty.

Years
  • I tip the highest amount, just to brag about how rich I am.
    Lol irl, I'd tip people if they kneel down and beg for mercy.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Hmmm I didn't tip before, then I heard about the shiny encounter rate and I started to tip the highest. Though my shiny chances have not really been any different.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    "All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job."
    I follow mr. Pink's suggestion on tipping.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I always tip the most I can when prompted -- it might some hidden beneficial effect, I don't know. :3

Back