• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use your master ball?

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
Years
  • When I was playing Pearl, I used my Master Ball because I thought that I couldn't catch it otherwise. XD I wasn't really smart back then, and I didn't know that it was pretty easy to catch if you tried. Afterwards, I never used my Master Ball. I always caught legendaries the hard way.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I only use the Master Ball on two specific Pokemon. Mewtwo and Mesprit. I find it suits those two very well!
    If the said Pokemon isn't in the game then I end up just saving it for nothing really...

Years
  • I use them on roaming Pokemon, usually, but since X and Y has no roamers as of right now I ended up using it on Mewtwo. Not going to suffer trying Mean Look/an ability/other methods to trap + catch them anymore.. too much of a pain. ;(

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I tried not using my master ball once. I forgot to save the game for a considerable time, so I was being extra careful. I ended up getting a critical hit and the legendary went bye-bye. About four shinies have gotten away from me because of unfortunate critical-hits, so I tend not to risk it. I know it seems a bit anti-climatic, but I never use legendaries anyway, so I just don't really care.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • I remember that even back when I first got Sapphire, I didn't use the Master Ball on Kyogre. Actually, I went and used in on Rayquaza instead. It's a Level 70 already, so I might as well have. And then I did the same in Emerald. When I replay those two though, I save it for Lati@s.

In Platinum, I only used the Master Ball for Mesprit, because my god there were too many roamers.

In Black and White, my Master Ball was reserved for Tornadus. In Black 2/White 2, I don't think I even used it at all xD Actually, in those games I seemed to have the most luck [catching two of the Swords of Justice at full health with Ultra Balls].

And finally, now in X and Y I haven't even touched them. Granted, I'm at the E4 anyways, but I don't really plan to use it. At this point they're more like trophies than anything. And even when I'm tempted to use em', I try to convince myself to save it for something better. Even when there usually isn't xD

Years
  • The last time I used masterball was in the original gold lol. I usually use quickball, timer ball or duskball. I always intend to save the masterball for SOMETHING, its just that I can never bring myself to use it. xD

Years
  • I use it as a last resort. in heartgold I used it on Latias because I didn't want to chase after it (I hate roaming legendaries lol)

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • Not gonna lie, I sometimes use it just because if I don't, it's useless...It's not like there are any achievements for not using it, besides the possibility of some pretentious individual thinking he's better than you for catching one 3-catch rate pokemon more than you without the use of a master ball...

Last edited:

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • I don't generally use them, simply because I don't generally go around finding all the legendaries.

In Pearl, I once traded for a Masterball and a loan of the three "Regi"s in order to get Regigias, and used that Masterball while keeping my original.
    Also once got a Parichsu on the GTS, level 9, in a Masterball. I released it since it was either hacked/glitched or someone really unaware of what a Masterball is.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I do use i sometimes, but obly when necassery. Examples of this are azelf, uxie and mesprit. You can only catch them at the lakes but never again. I caught uxie in the masterball and azelf in a quick ball. But because i was so hyped, i only had 2 pokeballs when i fought mesprit, and couldn't catch him. I regretted that ever since. So i got one in a trade, but it isn't the same as the thrill you get for finally catching a pokemon yourself.

In the other hand, there are people who catch a freaking caterpie in a master ball like lil' pissers.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I guess it's cool for roaming legendaries. Otherwise Time Ball and Dusk Ball are your friends (unless the legendary is stronk/outside). I rarely use Master Balls. Last one I used was on Mesprit in Pearl. I accidentally ran into it while I was chaining, so I threw the Master Ball asap haha.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Was tired of Mewtwo's crap so I threw the masterball at it. It turned out to be Modest Nature which is pretty awesome imo.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Used Master Ball on Mewtwo as a kid, it just felt right. Ever since then I've always reserved it for him or any legendary that seemed to be like him in another game.

I always chase down the roaming guys, the frustration only makes catching it more satisfying :)

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    You have to be joking... The only version mascots worth Master Balling are Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, and Kyurem. And possibly Distortion World Giratina. (Use Heavy Balls on Lugia and Ultra/Dusk Balls on every other mascot.)

That's subjective though, it's up to the player to decide what's special enough to use the MB on...I knew I kid that used it on Moltres because that was his favourite Pokemon, go figure :)

Back