• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you visit the official english Pokemon website?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Nope. Unofficial sites seem to know loads more than official ones XD Sometimes I look at the Mailbag, but that's it and only about once every few months because there are a lot of stupid questions like "what is the best starter?" but they'll probably reject more complicated questions from the older fans, heh.

Im just wondering, is the jp. site just as bad? I've never seen it.

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/

It has a lot more stuff on, that's for sure. They've got a shop on there...somewhere XD I think it's the section with the Giratina and Shaymin

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/pokemon/p090116_01.html Lots of Pikachu stuff! Cute!

Last edited:

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • Ive never understood why Pokemon releases news after everyone knows it. I mean, doesnt this encourage unoficial sites from getting credit for the news. Ive never understood the benefit.

At least they should have shown platinum info when plat came on japan, and they should just translate the jp site. But then they would say "This site feels to japanese, lets westernize(aka ruin) it

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Back when I discovered the internet I typed in Pokemon on my search engine (Google) and found Pokemon.Com from it.
    I used to always rely on this site for news, and only this site. I never about the Japan-only games at the time, so I used to think it had the best information.
    It wasn't until Diamond and Pearl came out in Japan when a Wikipedia link led me to Serebii.Net, which soon became my home site for the time being.
    After figuring out what a forum was I decided to Join Serebii Forums, which had a lot of information on Pokemon and Nintendo, before....

Anyway, I haven't visited the site in months. I do, however, visit it every few months or so, but only to see if the site is any different.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    It's success has faded over the years, because there are more pokemon fansites that are more dedicated to helping Pokefans like us enjoy pokemon more. So yeah, I'm personally on Seribii or Legendary Pokemon at least once every two days

Back