• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

• Yes, sure.

Votes: 50 31.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 85 53.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I don't think that there is any reason to believe that it will ruin the show.

It will be something new for us, as it is we have seen a lot of changes in BW. So why now Pikachu as well? :'(

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I do not want to see Pikachu evolve because Pikachu is proven to be better and stronger than a Raichu. If nintendo invented some kinda way to reverse evolution then Pikachu can evolve back and forth from a Raichu.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No, he's awesome as he is.

I just want Ash to use him less (I mean every time they see Team Rocket, it's just "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"). I also want him to stop losing just because he can't use electricity....he should've still been able to beat a lv.5 Tsutjara (I think that's the right spelling) with his Quick Attack and Iron Tail...

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    No, he's awesome as he is.

I just want Ash to use him less (I mean every time they see Team Rocket, it's just "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"). I also want him to stop losing just because he can't use electricity....he should've still been able to beat a lv.5 Tsutjara (I think that's the right spelling) with his Quick Attack and Iron Tail...
    I know, it is quite disappointing to see Pikachu lose to Tsutaja. It was all because of Zekrom I'd say! >_> If that caused the level reset, Pikachu and Tsutaja, both were at par with each other.

But I doubt, that if it would have been a Raichu instead, it would have lost to Tsutaja. /favours Raichu.

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Pikachu is a cultural icon.

It will NEVER evolve for that reason alone.

Sonics

darĸraι ғanвoy
    Years
    Well yes it should and no it shouldn't.

If Pikachu would have evolved Ash would have become champion long ago, so no it should not evolve because if it doesn't Pokemon can keep continuing forever. :P

But I would like to see Ash owning Raichu, maybe he should catch another Pikachu and evolve and use it for battling instead :P

If Ash catches another Pikachu he might accidently evolve the wrong one - i don't know if it would matter.

The only way you could tell the difference would only be the power - if both the pokemon's are complete rebels and stay out of their poke-ball anyway.. :D

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I don't want him to, because He is awesome as he is.
    Plus it would ruin Pikachu's Pokemon mascot image.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    Would it ruin the show? Possibly. It is a major character as well as the mascot for the franchise... Raichu also has a different personality than Pikachu... I don't like it. Why would Ash basically throw away his best friend? He wouldn't. It would be completely different...thus Pikachu would be dead. No good, sorry.

Pikachu IS Pokémon. It is the franchise. It will never happen. TV's would certainly break!!! :)

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Would it ruin the show? Possibly. It is a major character as well as the mascot for the franchise... Raichu also has a different personality than Pikachu... I don't like it. Why would Ash basically throw away his best friend? He wouldn't. It would be completely different...thus Pikachu would be dead. No good, sorry.
    What? We are talking about Ash's own Pikachu evolving into a Raichu. How would his personality change on evolving? If Ash and Pikachu are friends, does that mean on Pikachu's evolution they won't remain so?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2010
    I want that Pikachu to evolve, because I'm sick of watching him over and over again. :( Raichu would be stronger! :D

BigIce17

Ulimate Trainer
    Years
    Idk.. but to me I feel that Ash/pikachu needs to be amped up a bit. Pokemon on a whole in my opinion. so yeah, why not evolve? would be better in my eyes. :D

latios123

I like the sky above all!
    Years
    i dont want it to . its pokemons mascot, you see it on the entrance of amity square in platinum, when you go trade in the gts you see it and ash would fall down if raichu krept on its back just as gliscor. and didnt i heard in the anime pikachu couldnt evolve?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    and didnt i heard in the anime pikachu couldnt evolve?
    It's not that he couldn't evolve. Pikachu refused to evolve, if you are talking about the episode where Ash battled Lt. Surge and his Raichu.
    All it needs is a thunderstone.... XD

Back