• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

• Yes, sure.

Votes: 50 31.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 85 53.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Naah, it wouldn't be okay if it did. Afterall, Pokemon has been running for all these years and pikachu has remained the same. It is more than just a normal pokemon now, tbh. It has remained the same for too long and would suck if it suddenly evolved. True that its strengths might improve and stuff, but that doesn't mean it'd become invincible. And anyway, it seems like a lot of fans would get pissed if it did evolve somehow. XD;

Edit; Not to forget the fact that its tah mascot. n_n'

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    Im sure a lot of people will say yes but I say no. It wouldnt be the same. I mean sure itd be better for battling but Itd be so awkward. He wont be able to go on his shoulder anymore. Eh imo its just messed up

thats true,I would quote everyone else who said no but that would take forever.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nope, I like Pikachu as it is. If it evolved into Raichu it wouldn't be Pokemon to me anymore :(

(As in the Pokemon I know)

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Both yes and no;

Yes because Team Rocket, being as idiotic as they are, might stop trying ceaselessly to catch Pikachu. They'd take one look at Raichu and be like "What the hell! Where's Pikachu? Did Ash trade him for a Raichu? C'mon, gaiz! Let's go find the other trainer and stalk him or her for the remainder of our lives and keep trying to catch Pikachu! Lolz!"

Then maybe I'd like the anime more cause those three morons won't be involved! ;D

But no, because that'd ruin the whole image of Pokemon: Pikachu! People would see it come on, see the Raichu and be like "Whoops! Wrong show!" Seriously. I so would do that.

Steel*

Years
    I'm disappointed at how Pikachu is still weak despite all of the battle experience, leveling up, etc. it has gained. It really angers me when I see it get upset by young pokemon, weak pokemon, and sometimes even Team Rocket's pokemon. I would be intrigued to see it evolve and want to know what would happen, but I think this would ruin Pokemon somewhat because Pikachu is just as much a mascot of Pokemon as Ash is, if not more important (which I think is the case).

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I am more of the opinion of not caring. I realize that it is very very improbable so there is no need to hope or not because it will probably always be Pikachu. From a marketing stand point it wouldn't make much sense for Pokemon. Co to shift from their bread and butter which is Pikachu to Raichu. I would personally just not assume to see Pikachu ever again. Which would free up an extra slot in Ash's party.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    If Ash truly want to complete his Pokedex, he would have to unless he wants to try his luck finding one in the wild (maybe someone released theirs or something, or possiby he could trade for one) I could see him possibly obtaining one to be a companion to Pikachu. But I never see him evolving it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    2x3i5x said:
    how about giving Pikachu a light ball :)

Considering that it doesn't need one to evolve and it already knows Volt Tackle, it would probably be useless. It might be pretty clunky in battle too.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    What would change Pikachu's mind? I mean it already refused the Thunder stone twice. And I doubt Ash will force Pikachu to evolve.
    Though it is a bit disappointing to see Pikachu going weak at this point of Ash's jorney.
    He manages to defeat Brandon's Regice but can't defeat Shooti's Snivy...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Power of the Plot would change his mind. I do agree that it's stupid that his current rivalry is incredibly retarded but it's not like that would change if Pikachu was a Raichu. It'd probably be worse if he was.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't want Pikachu to evolve not because of its weakness, but because Pikachu has gone a long way with Ash and to evolve it now, would be heartbreaking for me. Pikachu is my favorite Pokémon and I never really liked Raichu all that much. If Ash were to evolve Pikachu, they would have to have a real good reason why. u_u Pikachu has also grown in design throughout the years, and he is the main mascot for the anime as well so to change it would highly be unlikely.

Steel*

Years
    Considering that it doesn't need one to evolve and it already knows Volt Tackle, it would probably be useless. It might be pretty clunky in battle too.
    I believe that person meant it's other in-game effect: "Doubles both the Attack and Special Attack of Pikachu.*" - Bulbapedia. Maybe it should be wrapped around Pikachu's body with a collar that holds the Light Ball lol.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    So you mean like cheating since I don't remember any situation where a Pokémon has actually held an item in battle (I'm too lazy to search it up so **** it). And if there was one than it only happened once or twice. The way you said Pikachu would hold was the way I imagined it as well.

Steel*

Years
    So you mean like cheating since I don't remember any situation where a Pokémon has actually held an item in battle (I'm too lazy to search it up so **** it). And if there was one than it only happened once or twice. The way you said Pikachu would hold was the way I imagined it as well.
    No need to get all serious about it lol; we're just merely discussing other alternatives to evolving. I wonder if there are rules in the anime pertaining to held items; Pikachu could use more power and it already has enough speed I would think.

Years
    It wouldn't matter to me if Pikachu evolved. But lmao, imagine a Raichu on Ash's shoulder... That would look totally weird.

I'd say, remove both Ash and Pikachu! [insert evil laughter here]

Back