• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

• Yes, sure.

Votes: 50 31.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 85 53.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters

The S

The Reverend
    Years

Raichu is an ugly obese rat that was probably based off some deceased mouse a cat had coughed up.

Aww, come on, how can you say that?

Years
    I've never really cared if he evolved or not. I'm so used to seeing Pikachu, but in the back of my mind the fact that Pikachu evolves into Raichu was always there. And when they brought up the evolution when Ash versing Lt. Surge, I realized that I wouldn't really mind if he evolved.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    As annoying as Pikachu is, I don't see the difference in whether it evolves since its trainer will still be an idiot. And I don't watch the anime unless forced to anyway.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Seriously, with all the battles he's been through, you think he would be level 100 by now, yet he still loses.
    He's probably on level 270 or something (we all know Ash is cheating so it'd be normal) =)

Well anyways... probably I wouldn't want Pikachu to evolve, but if writes planned it then I'd want him to evolve in order to save Ash.

Zet

Years
    Nope, I do not want Pikachu to evolve, mainly because I cannot picture Ash carrying a Raichu around on his back.

And Pikachu won't be fast and small enough to escape from things and escape through small holes in a wall, tunnel, etc.

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Pikachu has become iconic to the Pokemon franchise, especially as Ash's partner. If Pikachu were to evolve, it would be just weird. Would a Raichu fit on Ash's shoulder?............

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Pikachu actually has better attacking stats when given the Light Ball.

Raichu is an ugly obese rat that was probably based off some deceased mouse a cat had coughed up. Not to mention that Pikachu evolving would ruin the whole "bigger isn't always better" thing the anime has going.

Telll that to Sceptile, Charizard, Kingler, Primeape, Torterra, Infernape, Mamoswine, Steelix, Staraptor, Pidgeot, Donphan and many others.

Fithboy

The Lego Man
    Years
    When I first voted and my computer was loading the results I thought yes would win by a landslide! But it didn't! Wow!

I really think Pickachu should evolve because then it might not reset it's level when it starts in a new regionm :P!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Pikachu actually has better attacking stats when given the Light Ball.

Raichu is an ugly obese rat that was probably based off some deceased mouse a cat had coughed up. Not to mention that Pikachu evolving would ruin the whole "
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]bigger isn't always better[/S-HIGHLIGHT]" thing the anime has going.

This. I love how, for hundreds of episodes (especially in 2 awesome fights against Raichu, Pikachu's supposed superior), Pikachu has been able to prove that concept above. I think it gives hope for all the so-called "subpar" Pokemon out there who tend to cower against OU/evolved Pokemon and the like. The only time I could ever contemplate Pikachu evolving is during the show's finale, and even then, I would want it to revert somehow...

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    I would like to see ash own an over-powered raichu and team rocket will die from a thunder attack so they wont be such a nuisance i hate team rocket

CurseShooter

Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I think Pikachu shouldn't evolve, it's not like it will get stronger because in each new series it appears to get weaker instead of stronger....

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I don't think Ash should ever evolve Pikachu into a Raichu, that will probably change the anime all over the place.
    not to mention with these new Pokemon coming in, there have been ALOT of changes

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I'm just so used to seeing Pikachu as Ash's partner that it would be weird for me to see him walking around with Raichu. He might as well join the military and get a buzz like Lt. Surge did. Ash is off better with Pikachu, because it suits him more than a Raichu ever will. Also, remember that Pikachu also rejects the possibility of being a Raichu after being destroyed by Lt. Surge's Raichu. If he didn't want to become a Raichu then, Pikachu probably won't want to become one now.

Evoli

All that glitters is not gold.
    Years
    When I first saw this, my answer was immediately no. But then when I thought about it, I think it'd be alright for Pikachu to evolve.

Pikachu's evolution would have to involve Ash's growing up for me to accept it though. I think if they ever decide to allow Ash to age past ten years old or whatever he is now, and become a young man, then it would be symbolic for his Pikachu to "grow up" as well and become a Raichu.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    For some reasons I'm not sure anymore, I mean now that they almost destroyed true fans nostalgia with the crappy new series I don't know if I want them to take away something else again but I mean I always wanted it to evolve before Sinnoh came out.

Back