• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

• Yes, sure.

Votes: 50 31.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 85 53.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Erm yes and no. Yes because I finally want Pikachu to grow up and become stronger, and maybe Team Rocket can give up on it since its not a pikachu (wait what?). And no because I think that pokemon will loose its charm. I mean can you really picture a giant Raichu balloon floating down the street at the Macy's thanksgiving parade?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012
    No. They've kept Pikachu, for over 400 episodes, I don't see why they would want him to evolve now. Plus Pikachu's my favorite Pokemon, so obviously, I wouldn't want to see him go. I would also think it would be weird without Pikachu. It feels as if he's needed for the show. Without him, Pokemon, would not be Pokemon. Ash and him are so close, it would be weird to see him with a Raichu.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Only if necessary. And by that, I mean at the end of Ash's journey. I'd do it like this:

Ash has finally reached the Final of a Pokémon League Tournament in Region X. He's locked in battle with a fiercely tough opponent. Pikachu's his last pokémon, is really struggling and can't overpower the opponent, who has one or two pokémon left. Pikachu limps back to Ash, and attempts to retrieve the Thunder Stone from Ash's backpack. Intimate moment with Ash and Pikachu, some screenshots of all the struggles they've overcome as "Ash and Pikachu", not "Ash and Raichu". Ash encourages Pikachu back into the battle, Pikachu charges forward, jumps into the air as Ash, holding up the Thunderstone dramatically, commands "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!", Pikachu sparks from his cheek, and glows slightly. At that exact moment, you get one of those dramatic freeze-frame/artistic panels they've been putting in the Sinnoh League (i.e. the one after Ash's battle with Paul) of Ash and Pikachu in their respective poses. Then the credits role (possibly extended ones featuring the original series' theme tune as well).

Yeah, I've been overthinking this.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    In my opinion it's always a good thing to evolve Pokemon- they become stronger and faster, but sometimes when it is evolved, it becomes very ugly, example- Pokabu

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    i find it funnier how strong pokemon fully evolved and all can be beat by a little electric mouse.

its good when you win, but better when the loser looks like an idiot. especially when the loser is a gym leader

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    To be honest, I don't think Pikachu will evolve, but in the other hand, I don't like Pikachu to evolve, Pikachu had been Pikachu since the start, so why evolve? x;

Years
    It really irks me when people say Pikachu evolving that it would ruin the Anime or things along that line. Is there a particular reason why that would happen?

I think people are attached to Ash and Pikachu due to nostalgia. They just associate the Anime with Ash and Pikachu. Honestly speaking, the Anime would be a lot better if those two get replaced. Or maybe it's just my opinion.

zekes

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    Yes I want Pikachu to evolve so that he can beat his opponent and to increase his agility and ability but I find him cute that way.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    Honestly, I like Pikachu, but when he wins though he shouldn't, I don't agree.
    It's like...He's lvl 1 Million, or even more !
    All that to say he seems too strong for the lvl he must be.

So...Pikachu ? Evolving ? Yes, it would change. But justly, I don't think I would feel the same way. We saw him for sooo long, we followed the whole anime with him...Hmm...No, I don't want him to evolve.

In games, we have the possibility to stop the evolution of our pokemon, so it must be the same in the anime. Maybe Ash doesn't want Pikachu to evolve, and perhaps his pokemon thinks the same way ?
    We did see some of his pokemons evolving, and Pikachu still hasn't.

Pokemon without Pikachu, isn't Pokemon.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    No, I like it that even though he's small he can defeat large, strong opponents with his skill and dedication to Ash. Plus, he's been a Pikachu too long to evolve now; the plot of whether or not he will evolve has been done twice now, and both times it's been proved that evolving won't make him happy.

I would rather they either just kept Ash & Pikachu the way they are or just replaced them both, which of course will never happen :P

Years
    Yes. If Ash had a Raichu, particularly an older and more powerful one, he might actually win a big match for once, instead of falling apart when things get tough. -___-

Back