• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want to be a mod?

Do you want to be a mod?

• Yes

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
  • Poke: Shut up, you obviously don't know what you were talking about. I was a mod for several months. The only reason I regret being fired is that it makes it a lot harder to help people from this side of the fence.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • Poke said:
    Whoever says that they want to be a mod to "help people" I believe are talking bull****
    because I can tell you they just want it for the priveleges. They think that sayin they would because they want to "help people" isnt their main reason for wanting to be a mod........
    Hardly. I have quite a lot of experience as a mod, from other forums. I know how it works. As other mods have said, you often find yourself wondering what the HFIL you were thinking when you accepted the job. But meh. I'm not in it for the advantages, I'm in it to help.

As for others… well, people seem to think that modship = popularity. I really wish some of those wannabe mods could actually become mods, so they'd know what it's like before they go around blabbering about how they deserve it and such.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • EDIT: Meh, this post was _way_ too slow. XD;

But still, you have no right in saying that. Sure, there's a few people in it for the advantages (which basically signals a power hungry mod), but that doesn't mean everybody is.

Poke

I shall kill you all!
    Years
  • Im not saying there great. You completly MISUNDERSTOOD my meaning. Some people might THINK they would have better advantages. What they THINK is that saying they want to help people might increase their chance. Im not saying your modship powers are great Im just saying other people might THINK they are great..... thats all.......

EDIT: o okay my bad...... Ill respect whatever you say and believe that some people are in for helping but not all.....

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • Ah, I misunderstood. My apologies. ^_^;

Actually, here's a fun fact. When it comes to promotion time, the "mod wannabes", persay, are actually quite overlooked.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • Actually, believe it or not, the most active part of PC is Art Gallery, followed by Pok?mon Handheld Platform Games. Other Chat comes in at 4th place, after RomHacking/Pok?mon GB Emulation. In terms of the moderation-needy forums, Other Chat comes 3rd, after New Users/Welcome and MCG. o.o;

Back