• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you wear glasses?

You and Glasses

• Total voters

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
Years
  • I don't, but I don't understand why some people don't like wearing them.
    I mean...In my opinion, it's not so annoying, it's charming and I'd love wearing glasses, but I don't need them.
    However I won't kill my eyes for that reason. xD

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
  • I wear glasses all the time. Except when sleeping. I even wear them when playing football (soccer) sometimes.

I have astigmatism in my right eye. Shaped like a rugby ball it is. Lovely.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • While I don't wear glasses, I get the feeling I probably should of seen an optometrist by now. I've noticed for years now that very slowly, but forsurely I've been becoming near sighted. at first it was only occasional, I'd be focusing on something close at hand, like a book or paper or something and when I looked up and around things in the distant wold be blurry and take quite awhile to adjust.
    Now its more of a constant blur, but not enough I feel its hindering me in any way, not just yet any. If I actually had a car and had to drive to get around then I probably would be required to have glasses by now as it does take me a a bit of effort to read those upcoming sides until there fairly close

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Yes, I wear them. These are my glasses. They're sexy, if I do say so myself. AND THE FRAMES GET DARKER IN THE SUN!!!
    That kinda looks like my glasses, though it's not branded... it's the same design.

Yes, I do wear them. Ever since I was a wee little child, my vision has always been blurry. My teachers used to make me sit at the back of the class, and I always hated it since I can't see. I figured that my classmates all hated them too because of the same thing, then I realized that it wasn't because of that.

During 6th grade, I was told that I needed glasses. It wasn't that serious, like my vision is 75/75 for both eyes. I was stubborn then, so I didn't use my glasses. Then, while rough-housing with my friends, I broke it. So the following year, I finally informed my parents. I need to get re-checked, and it has gotten high, about 150+ on both eyes. My parents wanted me to wear it all the time, but I was stubborn and only wear it in school or at the movies. Then, about the 8th grade, I started to notice I can't see well with this glasses, so I told my parents. it seems that my eye degree went up to 200. I was shocked, so now I wear it all the time.

Summarizing what I wrote, yes, I do wear them, and do to the degree of my eyes, I feel uneasy whenever I'm not wearing it. I wanted to get contacts, but my parents don't trust me and they're afraid that with my carelessness, I'd go blind. Maybe in the future, I'll have laser eye surgery, but for now I'd have to settle with my current spectacles. I wear them so much that I can't recognize my face without them (or maybe because my eyes are just bad?).

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i wear glasses. i hate them but luckly i only have to wear them while i am driving so its not that bad ^_^

Years
  • I don't need glasses, no. However, I own a pair of fake glasses that I wear to be all trendy and stuff. '-' I'm such a loser, don't judge me. ;w;

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I don't need glasses, no. However, I own a pair of fake glasses that I wear to be all trendy and stuff. '-' I'm such a loser, don't judge me. ;w;

;-; Maybe you shouldn't have mentioned that XD

I am starting to need glasses, my left eye is all blurry DDDDDD::::::: ;_____; i'm sad now...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I have worn glasses since I was 5. But I now wear contacts, and its only been like 6 months since I last wore my glasses. I do not miss them one bit :]

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Yes! I have worn glasses since 4th grade. I don't feel like myself if I'm not wearing them. I don't wear contacts for that reason.

Equal Eyes

Happy Up Here
    Years
  • Yeah I wear glasses. I need to see and I just find it easier to take off/put on glasses than messing with contacts.

URKEL GLASSES FTW!

Do you wear glasses?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I have never worn glasses in my life; never needed them. Though, I remember when I was a kid and I wished I would have an excuse to wear them because I thought they looked cool. XD;

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • My eye sight is almost 20/20... like 20/25 I guess... so I've never worn them.

(You should add a Sunglasses/Fake glasses option.)

I don't need glasses, no. However, I own a pair of fake glasses that I wear to be all trendy and stuff. '-' I'm such a loser, don't judge me. ;w;
    Haha, don't worry. I had never actually thought about it before, but when I read the OP, my first thought was, "I wonder if I'd look good with fake glasses."

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I could have sworn that I already posted in this thread

I've been wearing glasses for about a year now, and I'm going to have to get new ones soon, because the frames are becoming more and more worn out, plus my eyes are even worse, so new lenses are needed. My new glasses will have the exact same frames, because they were the only ones I liked. IMO, all the other ones they had at the optometrist's office looked like a grandma would wear them. :/
    I'm so stubborn, I refuse to use contacts. I don't want to hurt my eyeball or anything. (silly, I know.)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I've worn glasses since I was about 8 years old. People say its quite a strong prescription, too. But I wouldn't know, lol. I used to think I would look silly with them, now I prefer them on my face than off. :/

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I've worn glasses since 4th grade, too.
    Within the first week I got them I got hit right in the face with a basketball in PE (i'm bad at sports) and they were destroyed. From then on the coaches made me leave my glasses in their office everyday during PE, which meant blindly running around failing at all the sports and getting pelted over and over in dodge ball.

Now I like wearing them. I'd take glasses over contacts anyday, even if they are a little uncomfortable with over-ear headphones.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I don't wear glasses but I do have a hard time sometimes seeing the overhead during school.(It can be a bit blurry for me to see what their writing even if I do get close up. I might need glasses)

Back