• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who

Years
    How would they do that? The Master, who is played by John Simm, presumably makes The Doctor regenerate, so making David Tennant regenerate into John Simm just wouldn't work.

I can't see that happening. And you can never be sure. With time, you might get to like Matt Smith as the Doctor. Don't judge a book by it's cover. But I agree, David is awesomesauce in a can.

Edit: Beaten.

But what Edam said. :P

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    I suppose it would be interesting for a parody episode.

... Like say, Children in Need or Comic Relief special or something.

@Spherical Ice

Can't they put Dr. Who on like a slightly earlier time, so it could fit with the other 2 big hitters on BBC, and the less watched programmes moved to Sunday?

I don't know, it'd give me an excuse to keep away from The 'Fix' Factor for much longer XD

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Nooo don't do that as more little kids over Britain will go screaming round the street
    "WHERE'S MY TARDIS ALAOLOLOL?"
    I really do hate it, this kid came up to me with one of those sonic screwdrives and poked it into my belly. It hurt.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Ha XD
    Maybe, or maybe i could have just stepped in his way.
    "Get atta ma way" ;; "I'll shoot you with ma screwdriver"
    Ergh, i liked the time, but apparently it was meant to be scary, so maybe they should shove it on after the X factor

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    About the Sunday thing... they'll play it into the script. Like how they did in the penultimate episode of season 4.

Ten: What day is it?
    Milkman: Saturday.
    Ten: Of course it is! I love Saturdays! Sundays... are ehhh...

And well something bad is going to happen to the doctor instead so... he'll mention something about Sunday again.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    It's a creepy trailer I guess, I suppose they should give it a later time.

I remember hearing those rumours about it being shown on Halloween instead. Would've made more sense to be honest.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    In that episode he did the fake regeneration. So this time it'll be aired on Sunday... So ... yea... he'll mention something about it being a Sunday... maybe. xD

Now that makes it seem as if I was ranting to myself. .o.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    *screams*
    Yay, i just watched the advert/trailer,
    It seemed alright.
    Just a little confusing none the less XD

It should have shown on Halloween.
    Then we would have got to seen it earlier.

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    They probably didn't want to show the episode on Halloweeen because everyone would have been out trick-or-treating.

I've been looking forward to this episode for a long time. I like that the base on Mars is called Bowie Base 1.

---

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Win thread is Win. Doctor Who is the greatest. =3

I'm really torn about whether to watch it tomorrow, if I'm honest, because the episode actually looks like something that will give me nightmares and haunt me for years to come. On the other hand, I cannot miss an episode of Doctor Who. I just can't.

It sounds silly that I'm so scared, but the scars of 'Blink' still haven't disappeared yet. I still get nightmares about the Weeping Angels, and that's no joke. I can't watch the episode again. Even thinking about it is terrifying me; I'm actually looking over my shoulder to check if a stone angel is creeping up on me. I can't even look at a picture of them without letting out a small scream.
    I know it's fake, but I really can't help being terrified of them. O_O

So I'm scared to watch it, because the trailer looks terrifying.
    xX

Years
    @ AcarnineOod: ikr? When I first started watching Doctor Who I was absolutely terrified of the Gelth-possessed zombies... and the Empty Child.

...and the Weeping Angels... and the Vashta Nerada...

Yeah I'm a scaredy cat. I agree, The Waters of Mars does look pretty damned scary. 'Water always wins'. O~O;

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Gotta admit, the Weeping Angels were pretty creepy. Hated that episode, one I haven't repeatedly watched like the others (and the recent series, as... Well, it lacked something). But I am one that hates suden surprises (like in the dark, and my mobile phone suddenly vibrates in my pocket, giving me a heart attack...)

Doctor Who always seems to have 1 episode that is fairly creepy nowadays.

The Gelth episode, I gotta admit that the episode with The Wire creeped me out a bit, the Weeping Angels, the Vashta Nerada...

Years
    I wouldn't say that The Idiot's Lantern was that scary, IMO.

But I agree, sudden surprises are scary. And I've gotta feeling that Waters' got a lot of them, especially with the episode revolving around water.

I didn't think that Series 04 was bad.

What I think was bad was the end of Series 03, with everyone thinking/saying 'Doctor' at the same time and he being like Superman. it was more of a fantasy thing to happen, not Sci-fi. I also didn't like it when he went ffrom an Old Man to a Little Gremlin thing. And the animaion of him growing up was just plain stupid.

But that's just nitpicking.

And by saying that you hated Blink, you meant hate in a good way, right...?
    The plot was excellent, IMO.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    No episode has really scared me THAT much yet, not the the point of nightmares and fearing another viewing of it. The Weeping Angels kinda bored me, though the concept was interesting.

The Idiot's Lantern was actually a little funny but I did want them to hurry and shut The Wire up XD

Tomorrow's ep though, while I may enjoy it, looks like it'll definitely give kids nightmares. Even my parents are going to try and convince my sister to not let my 4-year old nephew to watch it, doesn't help when he LOVES this show >.>

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    What I think was bad was the end of Series 03, with everyone thinking/saying 'Doctor' at the same time and he being like Superman. it was more of a fantasy thing to happen, not Sci-fi. I also didn't like it when he went ffrom an Old Man to a Little Gremlin thing. And the animaion of him growing up was just plain stupid.

I dunno. It still had me cheering.

I kind of wish that Waters of Mars was on today, but Merlin is pretty cool too.

---

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Trying to avoid all spoilers and etc. For Waters of Mars. Also, Spherical Ice can vouch for me. I called Master at Christmas and making David regenerate.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    No episode has really scared me THAT much yet, not the the point of nightmares and fearing another viewing of it. The Weeping Angels kinda bored me, though the concept was interesting.

For me, the scariest alien was the 456 in Torchwood. It absolutely terrified me. I was going to buy the Children of Earth DVD the other day, but I decided not to after remembering how scary it was.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    You know what I say.. it's the eleventh doctor that does him in. Paradox! xD

Back