• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Ecstatic

Chilling out.
Years
  • Strangely enough, no, I never did either, I did however, play Gold alot when I was a younger kid, but it wasn't mine, it was my friends. I hope I can someday pick up a copy of Gold/Silver/Crystal, and they work.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    I bought Gold, and it still works fine. I even glitch it with the BrainBoy and never had a probem.
    Crystal I found at a McDonalds on the ground stick to gum (WIN). Still works.
    But my Silver my friend gave me doesn't save.

DeadYorick

The Keeper of Peace
    Years
  • Mine are tucked away in my desk cabinet somewhere.

Usually test them from time to time, but they still save

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I replaced the batteries in my Gold, Silver and Crystal. Because of the busted batteries, I still haven't beaten crystal. I swear it died on me everytime I got to the E4. One time I got to Cerulean, but I turned it on the next day and it died. With this new battery, I will achieve the dreams I lost 10(or more) years ago.

SuperEV133

Flying Raichu trainer
    Years
  • It's weird, my Crystal version stopped working, but one week, I decided I wanted to play it and complete it one more time, so I thought I would leave it on all week plugged into the charger. After I beat it, I saved out of habit and turned it off. A few days later I turned it back on, just to see on the off chance that it would have saved, and lo and behold, it saved. I have no idea how or why it decided to work again, but it did. And it's still working. Odd.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Yup! I have working 2nd Gen games. My first gen games have battery failure though, which makes it so they don't save.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    I have the same problem with my game, PkMnTrainer Yellow, just with my Silver. It really sucks because I love the classic 2nd gen games.

Good times.

pkmn trainer natty

that darn meowth!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I still play my Crystal. c: I would play my Silver too but someone stole it when I was little. ;o;

SunStorm55

Old-School Trainer
    Years
  • My Pokemon Gold along with blue (1st gen) still work. If they do die, I have my saves backed up, and save batteries ready to be put in.

Years
  • My cousin gave me his Gold Version to play back in 2003, It has never stopped working. Mind you I think it will soon because it forgets what time it is and stuff.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • I have two Yellows that still work and my sister's Blue, one of the Yellows has been used since it came out! :P I have silver and my sis has gold and they still work, but my Crystal's internal battery stopped working a while ago :(
    Hopefully I'll get a new one soon.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • My Yellow, Red and Blue are still alive and working, but I think before I lost my Crystal, it died.

Kombat

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • I have all the pokemon games except the newer ones like hg and ss. And they all still work. XD except for pokemon Red:(

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    My pokemon Blue, Silver and Yellow have all died. although I used to play them constantly every single day so I guess its my fault. I feel quite unlucky reading how most peoples still work. thankfully I have an emulator! :)

Back