• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone let their mom save their money for them xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Heck no, she calls me every 5 minutes buying potions or some pikachu doll.... hahahah

HeioN

Old school trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I was hoping for some decorations for my room like in the original gold/silver, but that isn't in the game anymore i think...
    I still let her save some money from me to buy those berries, just because she seems to like buying me berries..

Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2010
    yea I do, she'll get you some useful junk like a moonstone
    (which only happens once, so now I'm getting nothing but berries)

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • Money is ridiculously easy to get in HG/SS (although it's still easy in D/P/Pt too). I let her save money from the beginning, and now we both have the max 999,999. x_x I was originally worried about her rather shameless spending of her son's winnings, but I never really had to withdraw extra money from the Mommy Bank...always had more than enough.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Yeah, because if I don't, typical teenager spends it all XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I let her save money, and once the constant calls about the stupid berries got to me annoying, I just quit picking them up. Now she's actually saving it without spending it.

But if I play through again, I probably won't have her save. It's not worth it.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I did at first, then stopped, but I might go back and start saving up again. I don't really spend a lot of money (I would if I actually played SS more often), but she can buy stuff that's otherwise harder to get, like held items (focus sash/muscle band) and some berries that I'm too lazy to transfer from Platinum.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Always send some home to Mother. She spent the first ten years of your life slaving away in a town with five buildings with no pokemon to allow her to travel through the tall grass, waiting for the bus that only ran twice a week to put food on the table and clothes on your back. So she buys you berries - eat your berries and be happy she doesn't tell you the truth about your Father ;_;

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Yes, I hope this is a feature in BW also. Even though she spends it every now and then, I actually have more money than I've ever had in any Pokemon game. Except for Red, but I basically cheated all the way through Red.

15ares

My jimmies remain unrustled.
    Years
  • heck yea! i tend to spend all my money and im glad she has some. also, she occasionally buys me choice items =D

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Hell no.

Before I actually got my copy of SoulSilver, I read looooooads of horror stories on the internet about two things in HG&SS: letting their mom save their money and people getting pissed off by Joey.

That's why I avoided letting my mom save my money as well as giving Joey my phone number.

There's really no point in letting her save your money though, the only good thing you get is really the VERY rare Choice Scarf, and I pokesav all my Wifi pokemon anyway, so yeah. No point in doing that when she's only going to annoy me every 5 minutes.

ThisPowerIsAtomic

[Insert Catchy Title Here]
    Years
  • Yeah, because if I don't, typical teenager spends it all XD

Lol, likewise.

I let her save the money in hopes she'd get Oran berries for the curing Milktank thing, but she never did, I now have like 60 lespa, vesta? (I don't remember the name) berries because of her and it didn't occur to me until after I beat the Elite Four that I could just grow my own Oran berries...

Years
  • Yes I do. If I didn't I'd probably have no money. The only downside in letting her borrow the money is it' annoying getting a call from her saying she bought a doll or something.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • Meh. I only buy revives, full restores, and pokeballs anyways so I don't care. P:
    I let her but the constant calling about the berries got annoying, so I haven't picked up those items in about 2 weeks in fear she'd call back. =w=

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Yep, I let my mom save money for me. Although most of the time she buys me berries and other useless stuff, sometimes she gets me some pretty cool stuff like a Moon Stone, etc.

Back