• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone let their mom save their money for them xD

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I let my mother save my money for me, just like I did back in Gold. I swear she spends way too much though this time around and it's irritating having to constantly talk to the delivery guy to get items. I preferred the PC system.

Kombat

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • Yeah I do. She buys me Stuff For My Room in Gold/Silver/Crystal. So Why not she of she'll buy me anything on here:D

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • well, yeah. it took me ages to find a focus sash for my ratatta, this is much easier

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Yes I do it prevents Joey from calling me as much when im talking to her...xD

Joey called me at 2:39 in the morning to tell me he beat a pidgey...I just caught Entei and Raikou at the time so I was like...super dude...I caught legends...

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I always have 999,999 in all games. So why not?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It is nice going home and being like wtf i have 200,000 money since when!?
    This. :D

Once I realized I could ignore the phone calls and still pick up the goodies my mom would buy me, I never regretted letting her save my money. It's not like I was really using it anyway and the phone calls, imo, were the only detriment.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I sure do! She gave me a moon stone twice since I got the game :3 and a muscel band!! Oh, and the berrys are usefull! They helped alot in the elite 4!
    Sure the phone calls can get annoying but of corse your moms gonna wanna call you! What kinda of mother lets her 10 year old son/daughter go out on a pokemon journey traveling thought different regions without check up on them every 1 - 2 mins! I just ignore em and then after 10 days goto the Mart and get 100x different berrys and other goods off the delivery guy/person :D

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Money is ridiculously easy to get in HG/SS (although it's still easy in D/P/Pt too). I let her save money from the beginning, and now we both have the max 999,999. x_x I was originally worried about her rather shameless spending of her son's winnings, but I never really had to withdraw extra money from the Mommy Bank...always had more than enough.
    D: Sadly, yes.

I was always in short of money because of that, but I want to have some save up in case I need it. Now, I have only like 3000 and I can't even buy revives. ;;

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    OF COURSE I DO. I love saving money, and I always return back home every now and then to New Bark Town, to deposit some money in her care. It's sort of sad though. I've always thought it kind of sad however, when she utters "...or is this about money?"

I'm sort of sad that they have removed the room deco feature, I had loads of fun with that in Silver. The secret bases in later games never quite lived up to it either, in my opinion. As for the items given to you by your mom in the remakes; Seriously. STOP SHOVING BERRIES DOWN MY THROAT. I don't know, I never really use berries, except for the status removal ones. It's a nice change when she buys you a scarf or similar. I'm not that far into the game yet, I just caught the red Gyarados in Lake Rage, so hopefully there'll be more interesting items later on.

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
  • Oh yes, I let my mum save my money for me. :D

She doesn't call me much, because most of the time she calls me when I'm leaving/entering a building. Lucky much? 8D

Years
  • In heartgold, yes because i didnt want to lose a battle and payout heaps to some in game person I didn't like.
    In Soulsilver no, because my mum got annoying in heartgold telling me about all the things she bought me.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yes I have, and I do not regret it. Although I do get annoyed when she calls me like 3 times in a row just to tell me she bought me a potion or something. :cer_pissed:

.Occam

Ontological parsimony?
    Years
  • She calls me all the time telling me she bought a berry. Not once in the hundreds of calls has she told me to stay safe or that she loves me. WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE MOMMY?!?!?!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    I let her save it because it's like a way to go above the wallet limit.

However, I never answer her calls. Maybe I should because I may want some of those dolls you guys are bringing up.

Years
  • I think letting her save is a great idea.
    Sometimes when I don't really care about happiness my method of grinding was to deposit all money with Mum, suicide against E4, then deposit the half sum to Mum again (I actually earn both money and EXP that way!), rinse and repeat.

Back