• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone miss the Sevii Islands in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
    I've noticed that the Sevii Islands are not included in HG/SS, which is a shame to me. I thought HG/SS were supposed to be sequels of FR/LG and therefore was expecting to see the Sevii Islands. I'm a little bummed, but I still love the game.

What do you all think? Should they have included them or did they not serve any purpose?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The inclusion of the Sevii Islands really depended on whether or not the games needed it from the start. For instance, after completing the main storyline of FRLG, there would have been nothing to do if the Sevii Islands weren't included. However, HeartGold and SoulSilver both extend from Johto into Kanto afterwards. So, any purpose that the Sevii Islands could have served within the game were simply implemented within after Elite Johto and Kanto. Not to mention, after the main storyline of Johto and Team Rocket what is now included within HGSS gives the player a lot more to do after the main plot has been completed.

So again, do I miss it seeing it has not made a return since FRLG? No. Why? It simply wasn't needed as it was for FRLG, and HeartGold and SoulSilver have included much more than the Sevii Islands had brought in before.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    They took them out? Thank God. They were stupid. Finding the Ruby and Sapphire so that you could trade with Ruby and Sapphire? Yeah, that's really creative.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I miss them, but they were added in FireRed and LeafGreen so the player could have something to do after the game.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I really don't care one way or another. The only significance they might have played would be in explaining Lorelei's absence in HG/SS. It's not like they were significant otherwise, not to mention they served as fodder for some truly horrendous fan fiction, which already made me "strongly dislike" them.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I miss them, they were really fun and added more to do to the game. Plus it would have been cool to see how the Rocket subplot had changed in HgSs, and if maybe it was still going in the Sevii Islands once again, and seeing how it changed.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Would have been nice if they were there just to be there, but since there not oh well. Also would have been nice if they went ahead and made the game a 256MB game and included extra areas like Sinnoh and Hoenn but thats nintendo for ya >_>

Years
    Would have been nice if they were there just to be there, but since there not oh well. Also would have been nice if they went ahead and made the game a 256MB game and included extra areas like Sinnoh and Hoenn but thats nintendo for ya >_>
    Lol then good luck buying the game at the retail price of $45... lol.
    And I do miss them, mainly for the experience... But I guess Kanto kept me going... for an extra 3 days at least...
    :3

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I don't really miss them. It was cool that they were included in FRLG, but definitely not as cool as going to Kanto in GSC/HGSS. Most of the reason for the Sevii Islands was to catch Johto Pokemon and give the player something to do after the main storyline, as has been said, not to mention include some references to Johto & Generation II in general.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    If the Sevii Islands were brought back in the game, then it would have had to serve a different purpose than before. Team Rocket's plot there would have passed by as it occured nearly three years ago. As well as some of the building put up would have had to be altered, such as the Day Care or else the game would have included two [though you wouldn't see me complaining xD].

Anyhow, if it was brought back, then all the better, but again with Kanto being in, the Sevii Islands isn't much of a neccesity anymore. However, I would admit that there would have been some positive effects to the game if it were included like it was in FRLG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back