• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone miss the Sevii Islands in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I don't, and I never liked those islands.

They were basically there for filler end-game material and dinky side quests just to trade with R/S.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
    The Sevii Islands were lame. They were boring and there wasn't even climatic battles or bosses in them either. Just grunts, bikers, and scientists. Whoopty freaking doo.

THANK YOU.

You have said everything I wanted to say.

The Sevii Islands don't deserve to be in these EPIC remakes. They were a waste of time, and not even memorable. I couldn't wait until I beat the islands so I could finally trade with RSE. I'm glad they didn't bring back those islands.

The Sevii islands were only there for Johto Pokemon seeing as it wasn't compatible with GSC. Now, we have the actual Johto region to play in, so no need for the islands. HGSS is compatible with RSE and DPPt, so there goes the idea of putting those Pokemon on the islands.

I don't, and I never liked those islands.

They were basically there for filler end-game material and dinky side quests just to trade with R/S.

Ya know, I was trying to be nice, but these guys put the real point as to why the sevii islands weren't needed. They're filler on which you do next to nothing. EVERYTHING you could do on the islands is possible in HG/SS, quite frankly in Johto alone (not all of it, of course).

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    I liked the Sevii Islands. They explained so much. They explained Lorelies disappearance in HGSS and partly who Silver was. It was also a great way to include other things, such as some Johto Pokemon and it was a bit more of a challenge because the Kanto Region was too easy and too fast.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Hi

They are really very cool, very wonderful
    Great work .. really informative .. and thanks a lot for sharing ..
    Glad it works as expected for you
    looking good

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    To be honest their is already alot to do in HG/SS. The Sevi island are a bit of waste seeing as there is already Kanto and Johto.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    The Sevii Islands served their purposed of extending a short game and making more as-of-then unobtainable Pokemon, obtainable. HGSS have a second region.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Exactly why the heck would we want more! We alreade have Johto and Kanto so there is no other reason for it to be in the game.
    Besides lorelie's explination where she went.
    To add in besides there being just Johto and Kanto, there is also the Battle Frontier included. Yes, a simple flight away, but still there nonethless serving the same purpose without the help of Seven individual islands.

The Sevii Islands served their purposed of extending a short game and making more as-of-then unobtainable Pokemon, obtainable. HGSS have a second region.
    The Sevii Islands served their purpose for FireRed and LeafGreen like said and its purpose in HeartGold and SoulSilver would only be an extention unneeded.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    What are you talking about? Sequel? They're remakes.

But, I probably wouldn't really mind if they were in the game.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years

Everyone considered GSC sequels to RGBY (which they kind of were, with the whole advancing Kanto storyline and the appearnce of Red and Blue). So by extension people seem to think HGSS is a sequel to FRLG.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012

But, I probably wouldn't really mind if they were in the game.

"Three years ago, team rocket was defeated by some kid named RED"

Sequel of sorts.

Years
    I miss the Sevii Islands.....sorta.

It was a new place, it had a new feel to it, but it has kinda become pointless now. It was mainly there to give the Johto pokemon a home with the lack of G/S/C.

Years
    I know Sevii Islands were just added to advance FireRed/LeafGreen's story lines but I still love the islands to pieces and wish they were still there...
    Then again, I'm not bored to pieces with them like most seeing as I've never figured out how to get past the start 3 islands until now. Ironically, I now cant defeat the elite 4...

Oh well, Johto+Kanto is waaay more than enough for me ^-^

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I actually enjoyed the Sevii Islands quite a bit, and I think it would have been an excellent addition to the new games.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The only way I see the Sevii Islands being a benefit to the game and an actual needed necessity is if it played a strong plot after that of Johto's. To continue the exploration of the game that is and make Kanto part of it as it was in FRLG, but more, then maybe it could have been a plus for the game. However, seeing as they kept the game more to the originals with Kanto, then it obviously wasn't a needed factor to be put in. Regardless, the game was still rated an exceptional score before it came out and that was without the bonus of the Sevii Islands. So, because these islands were never in the games of GSC, you really can't miss what was never put in before.

Speaking hypothetically, ff they were to make another remake of RBYG and were not to include the Sevii Island like they did in FRLG, then yes, it could be missed as it was a new factor to those games and gave it something more. However, in this case it isn't the same.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Actually , they put it in FRLG so you'd do something after the game . In here , we alll have our loving Kanto , Red , Gym Rematches and E4 High Level Rematches AND Red Rematches .
    Many Stuff to do , so nawpe , I don't miss them . ^_^

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I liked the Sevii, but in HGSS it wouldnt have really the worked. I do wish Lorelei had made an appearance in HGSS but oh well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back