• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone still play HG/SS?

Years
  • I'm currentlyg SR for a shiny starter on ss, and i probably will begin my journey there again. I like it way better than B/W too. I guess you get to explore more in SS than in B/W anyways :P

Years
  • Hello I am new here and of course I still play my heartgold! I did spend 30 some odd dollars :) Right now I am on a shiny team quest (started with totodile), and am hatching slugma as I type. Johto is an awesome region, and i love the graphics/walking pokemon sprites. Still feels like I bought it yesterday

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I've always loved Pokemon games but stopped playing for a while after Pokemon Ruby. Just last year I started playing B/W after my bf gave me a 3DS as an early x'mas present. Right after I beat B/W storyline, a friend gave me his SS and I've been playing it ever since. My B/W is sorta abandoned now.. I like SS a lot more because it contains many features that B/W doesn't have.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    White has become my "base" pokémon game, but I just finished replaying HeartGold. Randomly found a shiny Psyduck in Seafoam Islands :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Ive recently continued Soul Silver. Today I hope to beat Blaine and possibly Blue and start training for Red,though thats going to take a long time because I want all my Pokemon around Lv 70.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Truth is, I've never actually beaten HeartGold not even the first time I got. So I'm trying to bring myself together to beat it right now, although Johto was never really my thing. I can't get myself to travel the region. n__n

Now don't get me wrong, the remakes definitely have amazing features and the graphics are top notch so why wouldn't I want to play it? It's also the Kanto part that kills me since it's my least favorite region. I've seen so much of it that it's become sickening.

But yes, I plan on playing the games and hopefully actually complete it this time as well.

Years
  • I'm playing through it for the the first time at the moment. I actually purchased and finished Black beforehand. Someone on another forum I use was selling it for $20AU, so I nabbed it.

Actually doing a Normal Monotype to keep it interesting. Currently Raticate and Togetic.

The map design in Gen2 was better than every one after it, IMO.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • G/S/C was ALWAYS my favourite generation. I pretty much only play SS, it brings back memories of a fonder time :').
    I can't get into B/W at all, and I got as far as the Elite Four on D/P/P and stopped. I find that I played R/S/E to death when they came out so I can't stomach it now, and anything prior gives my eyes far too much of a workout. I want to buy Fire Red to accompany my Leaf Green, but Soul Silver is the one game that I keep going back to. I JUST LOVE RED/LANCE'S BATTLE MUSIC.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I still play it due to it being a masterpiece compared to Black and White. I lost my game and I had to start from scratch, meaning no more flying Pikachu and no more Enigma Stone and Mew. But it's a really fun game anyways. I can't wait to start EV Training so I could participate in the Battle Frontier.

Years
  • Johto is my favorite region and HGSS are amazing games. So yeah, I still play them. I love them!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Only playing Gold because of a challenge by a friend, but have already retired my Soul Silver after migrating all I could to Black. Won't be starting Silver over since I have Gold from my brother. Once I finish the challenge possibly won't play it much after that.

Years
  • I haven't made the jump yet to the Gen V games, so I still play Heart Gold. However, after playing it exclusively for so long, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be playing it.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I sold my copy of black just to buy HG again, I love this game, so much to do, and it reminds me of my childhood playing hours and hours of the original gold and silver. So pretty sure i'm gonna stick with this till another remake comes out, not a fan of the new generation.

Years
  • well i have a Black...its ok, DW is fine, Wifi random battle (maybe later) ~649 Pokémon....etc

but just got my Heartgold :D used, but came with a Pokéwalker
    and not just Heartgold, a working Platinum (finally), and a LeafGreen too
    all I need is an Emerald now

still setting up my "new" DS Lite, and soon will start playing HG
    or should I play LeafGreen first? dont know yet :)

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I just got SS in January. This is my first time playing a remake of the game. I had the OG versions of Gold and Silver as a kid. I Gold was my true favorite but when I went to buy the game they only had SS in stock. So I pick up SS instead.
    I also have PT but I'm enjoying SS way more.

Back