• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone still play HG/SS?

Years
  • I agree wholeheartedly. G/S/C were my favorite Pokemon games, and now that I can play it on the DS with the best graphics, best gameplay, best everything I can enjoy it so much more. I'm just now getting into EV training and chain breeding (which is kind of embarrassing since I've been playing so long.)

With the Pokemon following you around, the game feels so much more personal, too.

I feel the excact same way about my SoulSilver!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2012
    while taking a long break from BW, im currently playing both Dimond and Soul Silver

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Well, I do play sometimes. Just the BCC & the Pokeathlon. Only if I can't find something to do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2012
    Still playing, looking for trades and battles

Hey, I'm still playing my copy of HG, my friend code is 4942 9728 6708, hit me up for anything

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hey, I'm still playing my copy of HG, my friend code is 4942 9728 6708, hit me up for anything
    If you want trades I'd suggest asking in the Trade Corner section here. There's also battles to be found in the thread sticky at the top of the Tournaments and Events section also just below this one in the forum index.

This section (and thread) is for discussing the 4th gen games though, not for asking for trades.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
  • Yep! I'm still playing my Heart Gold. I just completed the Nuzlocke challenge, actually. My only two survivors after defeating Red was Cyrus, the level 72 Espeon, Havok, the level 89 Typhlosion, and Zeus the level 79 Ampharos. But, now that the challenge is over, I'm going back and breeding/trying to complete my Pokedex as best as I can while raising my Pokemon(I'm currently trying to raise a Pichu to level 100.) But, yeah. Between Heart Gold and Leaf Green, I'm perfectly content until a R/S/E remake comes out.

Years
  • You are not the only one! I just finished the story line for SS and am now working on completing my pokedex. I want to catch all 400 and something pokemon dammit! 272 Pokemon so far! OH YEAH! *Dances*

I also have HG, which I have completed but that is more to catch pokemon I need for SS. I love HG/SS though I am getting a little bored of them at the moment. Most likely because I have been playing for over a year now. I think I should either restart HG and do some sort of challenge mode or actually play Pokemon Platinum or Black. That is if I can get over the crazy speed and non stop action that happens during Black's battles. It just too much for me and after a few battles I find I need to turn the game off. :/

I have never played Emerald so I really want a remake of it. One day!

You are not the only one! I just finished the story line for SS and am now working on completing my pokedex. I want to catch all 400 and something pokemon dammit! 272 Pokemon so far! OH YEAH! *Dances*

I also have HG, which I have completed but that is more to catch pokemon I need for SS. I love HG/SS though I am getting a little bored of them at the moment. Most likely because I have been playing for over a year now. I think I should either restart HG and do some sort of challenge mode or actually play Pokemon Platinum or Black. That is if I can get over the crazy speed and non stop action that happens during Black's battles. It just too much for me and after a few battles I find I need to turn the game off. :/

I have never played Emerald so I really want a remake of it. One day!

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I probably should play it more, considering SoulSilver's probably my favourite Pokemon game... and yet after I defeated Red in Mt. Silver, I just put the cartridge away and haven't touched it since. Come to think of it, that really does sound unfortunate on my part. I've got some time off for the next few months, so maybe I'll try and find it for another go-around.

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
    Years
  • I still do; I made a new game last month but haven't gone too far because I chose to re-finish Rune Factory 3 first. Once I'm done with it, I'll probably continue with my journey in HeartGold. :3

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I put all my worthwhile Pokemon on my Pearl, and I'm going to make a new game. However, I'm still playing through Diamond, Fire Red, and Black...

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Still play SS ^^ Although I hate the fact that I always try keep my pokemon the same level and then have to grind for the E4 :(. I haven't restarted my Platinum because it just has too many pokemon to trade over to restart, but Soul Silver just has so much to do in it that it's hard to resist :).

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    HG/SS are the best Pokemon games ever in my opinion. The Follow Me feature, Pokeathlon, Gym Leader rematches, Red, 16 Gyms, plus the best iteration of the Battle Frontier in my opinion... all things considered I'm surprised I even managed to finish Black, considering how easily I prefer HG/SS.

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
    Years
  • I still play :) It's my absolute favorite game out of every Pokemon game that exists. It's such an excellent remake, as well as a wonderful stand-alone game. Absolutely love it!

Back