• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone still play HG/SS?

Doa

Analyzer
Years
  • I'm actually about to restart HeartGold. The Johto region is certainly my favorite, and I enjoy hearing the music in each of the cities and towns. If only I could memorize the route numbers...

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    If I still had my DS then I would be playing the crap out of Soul Silver. I could use an emulator but it's not the same.

Stupidity_101

Sorry, wasn't listening.
    Years
    • Ni
    • Seen Jan 24, 2020
    Yes, I do play Heart Gold, but lately, not as much as Red and Yellow. I mean the originals, Red and Yellow, 'cause they rock.

Years
  • I just beat the Elite Four.

Finishing team was:

Feraligatr
    Scizor
    Arcanine
    Umbreon
    Raikou
    Pidgeot

It was pretty awesome. Feraligatr was definitely the MVP.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Anyone know a good fourth Poke to have on my team?
    So far I've got
    Quilava
    Flaaffy
    Ghastly

I want a Vaporeon, and I only like training 5 Pokemon at once...

Is Sandslash worth training?

Years
  • HG is actually the most recent game I bought, so I definitely still play it. Currently training up my team for the fight against Red. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2016
    I still play SoulSilver all the time, so I can see the Pokémon following you around making cute faces and stuff. Its also the remake of my favorite game so why not play it all the time :)

Last edited:

Peeta

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I am playing Heart Gold right now actually ^^ I love these games... I regularly play through HG or SS because they're my favorite games. I just love the story, the Pokemon following you, the PokeGear... so much to do in the game!!

SethGallahad

Knight of Legends
    Years
  • Sold it in favor of Platinum. Before you all start screaming at me, I'd like to add that I have already played HeartGold before, and just decided to return my newly acquired SoulSilver in favor of Platinum. (I couldn't find my HeartGold, so I got SoulSilver.)

ShadowBlast12345

Shadow Blasting since '05
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    playing heart gold right now. g/s/c were my favorites and i just beat hg in a day trying to see how fast i could beat it. beat lance with an extremely underleveled team and a few items. my team only had 4 when i beat him: 47 typhlosion, 49 ho-oh, 41 ampharos and 42 red gyarados. when i beat him i started running around yelling "eat that!" and almost accidentally turned off my ds. i got so lucky like almost every move i used was a critical and every move he used was either status or it missed. oh and typhlosion was ko'd before the battle, too. all the more reason to celebrate

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I'm actually playing it right now. ^_^ There was a time in my life where I decided I wouldn't need the old gen games because I have Black and White and that would be enough, and since I traded everything over to it, I would no longer play them. Long story short, I ended up selling most of my old games to GameStop including SoulSilver and Diamond. But I was able to download a rom yesterday and now I'm playing SS again! :D And this time I'm doing a solo run through with Teddiursa, my favorite normal type. It looks so cute following me around! And I haven't yet decided if I'm going to evolve him at all.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    So I played HeartGold yesterday! But not for long. It's pretty disappointing that games die down quick, when new ones are out. But I still play it occasionally, especially since I never beat it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    I still play it when I have time to play DS. Haven't gotten all my Pokemon to lvl100 yet! xD However, I am quite tempted to trade them all onto another game and start again from scratch. I loved the game heaps but it's currently become a storage site for all my Pokemon :/

FearAddict

Addicted to Fear, as usually
    Years
  • I think i will go play HG again, cuz kyogre is in it :D. The only problem is that i cant connect to wifi (WPA) with my old ds, hopefully there is something about to do that. A second reason is i dont have that much with the 5th gen, i thought 450 pokemon were alot and then they made 600 so i will stick with the 450 :D

Bika

lmfao
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    Yes. I make an effort to play all of my games and cycle through all of them about once a month.

Back