• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does it matter what time you sleep?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Before August, I've been sleeping randomly from midnight, 1 am, or even 2 am and waking up after 8 (or so) hours of sleep.
    Since August, I have been sleeping at 10 pm and waking up at 6 am.

I've researched this topic but there are so many mixed results, I want your guys opinions! Do you think it matters what time of the night you sleep as long as you get your 7-9 hours?

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm

light is very important for keeping this normal.

The sun generally keeps you in check, but if you block out the sun and expose yourself to lots of blue light in the night, then you can pretty easily shift your rhythm.

Tinkering with it too much is a bad idea, as I know all too well... (I use f.lux on my laptop now to lessen the impact of late nights etc)

also I like how your username is relevant to the topic here

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    i have to sleep a lot because it is a lot of effort to be beautiful and takes a lot of energy out of me during the day so i need to sleep so i can recover.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    My sleep cycle lately has been very ridiculous. Just today I fell asleep around 7 AM and I woke up around 2 PM. That's been pretty consistent for the past month or so, heh.

My ideal sleep schedule would be falling asleep around 11 PM or midnight and waking up around 8 AM or 9 AM. The latest for me would be 1 AM - 10 AM, I hate sleeping in past 10 AM.

Years
  • During the school year I usually only slept 4-6 hours a night. Heading to bed at 2 AM and waking up at 6:30 AM was the common trend. However, during the summer I've been getting a lot more sleep. I usually head to bed before midnight, and only have to wake up at 7:30 for work. So, the extra hour or two has really helped.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Weekdays, I head up to bed around midnight to wake up by 6:30 for work.

Weekends... I can go to bed at any time (usually 1:30AM or 2AM, but 3AM on occasion) and wake up between 7AM and 8AM.

I think the most I ever slept in was 9:10AM because I was sick at the time

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Yeah, I can honestly say it's never affected me. When I was jobless sleeping from 6am - 2pm was pretty much the norm. Nowadays the latest I tend to stay up is midnight.

So long as i've gotten my 6+ hours, it's all good.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm a night owl, so I try to stay up as late as possible while still getting a good night's rest. If I have my normal shift at work, I'll try to go to bed at 1:00 AM. If I have my late shift or a day off, then I usually head to bed at 3:00 AM.

If I have to open the coffee shop, God help me.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I tend to go to sleep somewhere between 11-12 pm, and then I'll wake up anywhere between 7-9.30 am, depending on the day. I'll always manage to sleep late on a Sunday, I can never manage it any other day though. I work on a Saturday at 10, So I get up at 7.30 to make sure I've enough time to get ready and get the 9 o' clock bus. Super happy fun time :P

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • I work from 6pm-6am 3 days a week so my sleep schedule is sleep during the day and be up during the night. If I tried to sleep like a normal person I wouldn't have the energy for work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    I generally sleep 2-4am these days and wake up 11-1 and don't really feel any ill-effect except the day is half over when i wake up.

I don't think Irregular sleeping patterns will do anything providing your sleeping.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • If I get 4-6 hours, uninterrupted, then I wake up perfectly fine and quite energetic. Last night, I crashed at 3am and woke at 7:30am and here I am, enjoying some tea. I am essentially my fiancé's alarm clock. I wake him with coffee, because he hates waking up, regardless of the time.

Years
  • During school days i'm usually forced by my parents to go to sleep at 9pm, and i always wake up at 6am because of it, even during weekends where i go to sleep at like 1am or 2am.

To Daixtey it apparently does not matter whenever you wake up at 6pm or 10am lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2014
    I require at least 6 hours of sleep. If I have to wake up very early, I usually go to bed around 11 PM (at most 12 AM). Otherwise, I sleep when I have to.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I used to have a great schedule. Bed by midnight and up by 7AM for work.

Now that I'm home, it's bed by 3AM (last night was 4AM, but I was returning home from a trip) and awake by 11AM. I gotta fix it soon because a new job may start and it'll be awake by 4AM to get to a 6AM job. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It'll probably matter since I got a 8:30 am class starting this Monday. So, going to bed at 10 am and waking up at 5:45 am would be tough to get used to, but I'll be fine. These days right now I'm going to bed at around 8:30 am and going to bed at around 11 pm.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't think it really matters, but I don't have anything resembling a sleeping schedule. During school I would fall asleep anywhere between midnight and 3 am and then wake up at 730 am and now that I have no life I go to sleep between 3 am and 9 am and then wake up sometime in the afternoon.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Meh, I have no scedule. It's always the same ol'. I just wake up early during the school year, then sleep when I get home if I'm tired.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I have no sleep schedule whatsoever. I sleep when I'm tired.

Working overnights does that to ya.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really should go to bed before/at midnight every night because I'm one of those people who need a lot of sleep to function, but I never end up doing it I don't know why.

Back