• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does parents get on your nervers?

King Gengar

Ghost Hunter
Years
  • Does your parents get on your nerver on you alot? like if you have bad grades or missed your curfew? etc....

*Edit*
    Forgot to put a poll just leave a yes or no on the bottom and explain why...

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Does your parents get on your nerver on you alot? like if you have bad grades or missed your curfew? etc....

*Edit*
    Forgot to put a poll just leave a yes or no on the bottom and explain why...

This is a pretty obvious answer. Almost 80 percent of parents get on children's nerves. Mainly since they do not know the styles and trends of kids and criticize their friends and such. If your parents do not get on your nerves no offense but you do not have much of a life for them to get mad at

anyway yes my parents do get on my nerves.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Most of the time,yes >> Especially my mom.She constantly criticizes me for everything I do or try to do. ._.; Everything I like she considers junk >_< And she makes me feel bad about myself alot[ex. saying I'm fat[which I know I am not],lazy,etc.] I know she loves me,but she really gets on my nerves on some occasions >>;

My dad used to be easier going,but now he's almost the same,maybe worse >>

But despite being all evil to me,they have their good sides too,so yea.But they do get on my nerves,like,most of the time.

Heracross

One and Only
    Years
  • Sometimes, mostly my dad. He sometimes just won't listen to me which finds it very annoying. Sometimes when I come late, he really gets mad.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Yes, my mom annoys me to no end. When ever i'm on the computer, she always comes in and trys to see what i'm doing. When I was 12, she trusted me on the computer but now just because i'm 13, she doesn't. Also, she acts like a kid and when I back talk she tells me not to treat her like one of my friends. I'm like "Thats kinda difficult since you constantly act like a kid!" Another thing is that when I tell her somthing, she'll listen sometimes but then at others, she'll listen and later, she acts like she didn't listen at all. -_-
    Oh also, she and some of my other family members always get on me for always being on the compueter. I think in my head "Uh, a few things. 1)It's summer. 2)I'm 13. 3) There isn't anything to do besides go on the computer and play games so stfu D:<"

Seriously my mom gets on my LAST nerves. Sometimes, she gets mad at me for her mistakes -_- I know she loves me to death but I wish she would...well, I wish I had a force field that only let her in when I need her xD

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I'm the only messy person in a house full of neat freaks, so of course my parents are going to get on me. :<

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Well yeah ALL parents (At least in the US) get on childrens nerves. I'm so happy I'n going to colelge soon, because then I will never have toi listen to my mom again.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    It's normally my Mum who gets on my nerves more than my Dad but when he does, it's because he's eating so loud, nothing direct. My Mum moans at me at least once everyday because I can't get up from my own arse and do some helpful stuff which I eventually have to do later in the day. She actually moans at me whenever I'm sitting in the living room with her playing on the DS or something else. But in the otehr times she's fun or doesn't say anything. Oh and she also moans whenever she sees I'm texting which is nearly always, so that gets on my nerves.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My mom gets on my nerves a lot because she asks me to do chores. XD; Like, I don't ever mind doing them when my dad asks because he's nice about it--he'll ask nicely and thank me when I'm done. Mom just yells at me. :| And mom is the only one who tries to impose an "electronics curfew" telling me I can't play games, be on the computer, or watch TV after 9'o'clock at night. Needless to say, I ignore that, but it's still annoying to have to worry about her catching me. <_<;

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • Well yeah ALL parents (At least in the US) get on childrens nerves. I'm so happy I'n going to colelge soon, because then I will never have toi listen to my mom again.

haha, how I wish this were true =_=

I'm back at home after my first year at college and my mom has gotten about ten times clingier. It doesn't help that I'm the youngest, and the last one to go off to college, so once I left she and my dad were really all alone... so they're going through the "empty nest syndrome" and everything, in denial that they're no longer parenting.

They still treat me like I'm a kid, even though I'm an adult and my own entity. I can technically do whatever I want, but I don't want to hurt their feelings so I still abide by their stupid rules and everything. Meaning not getting home too late, not staying out all night with boys (9_9 which I do anyway but lie about)... it's a pain.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Does parents get on your nervers?

Do my parents get on my nerves?

No. My grades are fine, I'm awesome, so I never get in trouble or anything.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Ugh. My dad can be a pain in the arse sometimes. Even now when I'm 19 he still nags me to go to bed at reasonable times and stuff XP
    It's really annoying to have him come in while I'm in the middle of chatting with my friend or doing something online. Then he always says something like "6:30am is gonna come awful early. I'm not gonna have any mercy on you in the morning" and I always tell him that "I dont expect you to either."
    Heh. When I was in school he'd go bananas if he saw Fs on my report card and nag me all month XP
    Then he'd act all surprised that I aced the final exams and then lay off. XD

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Sometimes they do.. but I think I just get annoyed easily. I get mad at just about anything/anybody.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • haha, how I wish this were true =_=

I'm back at home after my first year at college and my mom has gotten about ten times clingier. It doesn't help that I'm the youngest, and the last one to go off to college, so once I left she and my dad were really all alone... so they're going through the "empty nest syndrome" and everything, in denial that they're no longer parenting.

They still treat me like I'm a kid, even though I'm an adult and my own entity. I can technically do whatever I want, but I don't want to hurt their feelings so I still abide by their stupid rules and everything. Meaning not getting home too late, not staying out all night with boys (9_9 which I do anyway but lie about)... it's a pain.
    Yeah but that only applies if your parents love you. I'm not even exagerating my parents despise me. They want me to leave jsut as much as I do.

Angelix

You are a pirate!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    I'm a pretty decent kid, my mum usually stays off me until she starts ranting. Then she doesn't stop.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • My Mom ALWAYS gets on my nerves....If she's bored she has only 2 things to do...either annoy us to death OR Give us something to do (homework) and steal the Remote or the Computer!!

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Well my dad made me the little smartie-pants I am today. I don't know how else I could have put that without cussing, but it's true. I can have a bad attitude because of how bad my dad treats me. He literally hates me, and how do I know this?

My brother's been on a football team for about 7 years. I've been waiting longer than that for him to sign me my for soccer because I'm really good at it, I've never been on a team before. He keeps saying he forgot, but if he can remember my brother, why not me?

I know, you might say "Oh well he just forgot". Bull. He's brought it up with me telling me how good I am at it, but I can tell he's just trying to patch everything that he's done to me. LIKE threaten to hit me ¬¬

My mom on the other hand, is extremely nice, and I can't imagine why she hasn't tried to divorced him. She knows what he says to me, and how he treats everyone, and she just cant. Why? Because we can't afford the divorce. My dad just bought a fricking MOTORCYCLE, so now we're going bankrupt because HE just HAD to spend all our money on a stupid MOTORCYCLE.

[/angry time over]

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
  • Not all parents get on kids nerves. Mine dont' because I never get in trouble, I have good grades, but they normal don't notice me. My sister they notice.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    ha, my mom gets on my nerves so bad. it's like, i get straight A's and B's the whole year, and then i get 1 C and it's the end of the world. she doesnt realize that colleges dont give a crap about individual marking period grades, what they care about is the final average. grrrrrrrr- parental ignorance is annoying

Back