• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does the underground drive you nuts sometimes?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • hmmm, okay so I was looking for some shards underground yesterday and red shards are really hard to find. So I was chipping away and saw a little piece of a red shard

I was happy and stuff and right when I was about to completely dust all the dirt off of it, the wall falls down.

-.-* (that was my mood for about 2 hours)

so has the underground ever make you go bonkers?

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I hate it because you need to have 2 pokemon game to have an additional star on your trainer card.
    But I don't have a DS and none of near friend play pokemon.
    So, I will stay with 4 star forever... :P

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Underground, what's that? Ah yeah I remember now! The place I used to get fossils and stones and heart scales from until I got pokesav power... =P

Nah the underground doesn't frustrate me anymore :D

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • Yeah, the underground seriously can drive me crazy!
    Reason A- You have to go back and forth and back and forth just to get fifty flags...UGH!
    Reason B *Click* Ohh!!! An Arceus plate!!! I need that Flame Plate! *Click* Cliick* YES! two more clicks! *CLICK* -The wall has collapsed- *cries*

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • As of right now, I found a Splash Plate! Yeah, but the wall collapses every time I try to hack open a shard...

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • The wall always collapses when I'm digging a fossil. Every time I'm not looking for a certain fossil, I always find the one I don't want which is mostly an armour fossil. But whenever I find something as rare as an old amber, the wall collapses.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I'm usually careful to make sure I get all the rare stuff, but on occasion I'll end up tapping too much or not enough.

*tap* tap*tap*tap* Hey, a Rare-!*wall collaspes* ...Bone.
    HEART SCALE! Finally! *tap*tap*tap* *wall collaspes*

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah.Although its only with shards, and fossils. Coz i get heart scales from Solaceon town.

But what really annoys me is that they didn't let us have both of D/P fossils.ALL I EVER GET IS SKULL FOSSIL!!!!

Years
  • When looking for something specific, yes, it mostly takes eternally. If I'm there just for fun also sometimes, when I get 5 times in a row nothing else than useless spheres...

I'm usually careful to make sure I get all the rare stuff, but on occasion I'll end up tapping too much or not enough.

*tap* tap*tap*tap* Hey, a Rare-!*wall collaspes* ...Bone.
    HEART SCALE! Finally! *tap*tap*tap* *wall collaspes*
    Don't Heart Scales have the minimum size, so when you discover one, you already have it?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Yeah sometimes it does. Like when im trying to dig up things and I end up setting off some stupid traps that sends me flying back to the start.

Phaux

Legend Hunter
    Years
  • I never found it very fun really...
    When I first encountered the leaf trap thing, I thought I was suppose to drag the leaves off the screen... After 10 minutes I finally discover I have to blow in the DS mic.. Very aggravating.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Don't Heart Scales have the minimum size, so when you discover one, you already have it?

No, they cover up 3 tiles/spaces. Which makes them even harder to find, and when you do finally find one the wall collapes. However, for some reason I find and recieve them a lot easier in Pearl than Platinum...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Yeah.Although its only with shards, and fossils. Coz i get heart scales from Solaceon town.

But what really annoys me is that they didn't let us have both of D/P fossils.ALL I EVER GET IS SKULL FOSSIL!!!!

the type of fossils you find depend on you trainer ID number. all I ever get is old ambers and root fossils. I am really sick and tired of it! I WANT A SKULL FOSSIL!

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • It drove me so crazy that I actually stopped even bothering with the underground for nearly a year and finally, finally my friend talked me into working on it. Everything about the underground made me want to scream.

I didn't like it. I thought it was going to be different before I got the game.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I don't mind the Underground too much; it's simply another place in the game to me. I've been trying to get a Platinum Card there, though, but my brother won't cooperate and let me use his game/my copy of Diamond in his DS. *sigh*

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    yea it is so annoying 'cause u have to walk every time there appear new digging spot why
    can't they on one spot

Back