• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Your Current Team Have a Theme?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    You read the title, the topic of this thread is does your current team have a theme?
    Add a little explanation about the theme, and why you picked the members you did.
    I'm not talking about wifi teams either, but if you make up your teams and just go with it.

My team is based on favorites right now. I've always loved Luxray and Torterra, with Crobat being added on thanks to him being in my IG team. Walrein and Umbreon are cool, and Tauros is just totally awesome ^^.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I don't play on Wi-fi, but my current team in Platinum is just based on the Pokemon I like, and generally trying to keep everything well-rounded.

Empoleon, Staraptor, Houndoom, Garchomp, Roserade, and Gallade.

I gave Empoleon Ice Beam and I'll be teaching Gallade Thunderpunch from a move tutor just to cover all the bases. Sure, it's just in-game, but I like to pretend to be professional sometimes. :3

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Nope. My team on Silver is in my sig, and as you can see it's based on the same thing every other team i've made is: being as effective against all the other types as possible.

The only time i've made a theme team is when I did the Electric monotype challenge. Other than that, I believe there's been a few times on Blue/Yellow where i've put together 5 or 6 of my favourite Pokémon and formed a team from them.

Nnoitra Jiruga

Your. SCREAM's. a. whisper.
    Years
  • Froslass . Honchkrow . Skuntank . Gliscor . Weavile . Dusknoir

8 D Maybe a creepy theme? Mostly ghost/dark with the exception of Gliscor cause she's sexy > 3
    Dusknoir acts like a wall while Weavile's my physical hitter/Speed and Froslass is for Speed. Honchkrow for Attack/Sp. Att. Skuntank for power and poisoning. And Gliscor to take care of anyone else. x D

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Todoroki said:
    Gliscor / Yanmega / Togekiss / Torterra / Salamence / Tangrowth

It isn't that hard to find the common theme among them ._.

Um... it kinda is, I think I'm missing something.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Todoroki said:
    Um... it kinda is, I think I'm missing something.

I'm assuming s favourites, but I could be wrong. :P

Anyway, I use a mixture of Pokemon I like as well as Pokemon which are strong. I also like to use well rounded teams, type-wise. :D

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Nah, I just use whatever pokemon i feel like training at the time. I do make sure to keep a balance on a team.

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Yeah, my team is based around favorites. I even go as far as to give them their own personalities along with making two of them shiny (based off of legitimate shineys I had found in the past and their implied personalities). I've always loved these guys. :D
    Umbreon(shiny), Milotic, Ninetales(shiny), Rampardos, Garchomp, Honchkrow. <3

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • ... I'm working towards an Eeveelution team, but it isn't going well. I keep getting natures that lower defenses or speed, and I just want a female or two, dangit! (stupid 12.5%...)

But, in my party in Platinum, I hope to have:
    Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, Jolteon, Leafeon, and Bibarel (because I have to have an HM slave to get through Platinum... I'll be swtiching part members to let Flareon and Vaporeon get some training before the E4 and Cynthia)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • My team has six Ice weaknesses >_>
    No, six Weavile weaknesses. :D

My current team? Uh, yes, well on the ROM Platinum I had a pretty cool in-game team going in my journals.

Gabite / Luxray / Gyarados / Onix / Togetic / Umbreon

Strategy-based. Luxray and Gyarados' used for intimidate drain, once there, Onix to come in on their mere tickles and abuse screech. Then Gabite or Gyara to set-up consume their team. =D Umbreon and Togetic were the special attack based sponges. The theme is they're all considered favs in my books while also bringing about solid defenses on both spectrums.

My current team in Diamond is for the Battle Tower... Theme? Yawn wall setup for 130 atk sweepers. XD

Uxie / Garchomp / Scizor

Uxie as a duel wall to set up Yawn and screen support. Setting up Garchomp and Scizor whom both have Swords Dance. Setting up while the opponent is asleep is pretty lethal and this team boasts a 164 record.

So... yeah. XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Gliscor / Yanmega / Togekiss / Torterra / Salamence / Tangrowth

It isn't that hard to find the common theme among them ._.

Im having a hard time finding a common theme.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • My current Battle Frontier Team for Platinum:
    Scizor (Choice Bander)/Azelf (LO Sweeper, Explosion's hella powerful too)/Garchomp (Sub/SD, but I've been considering giving him Fire Fang over Sub so he isn't walled senseless by Bronzong >_>)
    so... I guess it's an all-out offensive team. Nothing else to say :s

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Theme teams are usually a bad idea for any competitor. Unless the theme is "Winning." :)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I've been swapping around the UU's. Not much of a theme, but I really wish there was a Fire-type other than Infernape which I like. I am even considering swapping out to Magmortar.

Infernape / Tropius / Floatzel OR Golduck / Magnezone / Bronzong / Ambipom OR Lickilicky

Im having a hard time finding a common theme.

They're all weak to Ice attacks.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • i just less than 5 mins ago started my game again but just before i did it i was training a dragon team and some kinda dragons
    Charizard Salamance Garchomp Dragonite Kingdra and Altria

Years
  • Yus, my rain dance team, as well as a Sandstorm team, too. Rain Dance features Toxicroak as my main poke, and Sandstorm runs Ttar, and ( lol) Empoleon, who doesnt get hit by Sandstorm, and has Drill Peck for Grass types/

Back