• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dogs vs Cats

FinalFlare

.::Pokecommunity's Finest::.
Years
  • Dogs vs Cats // Cats vs Dogs

I was curious to see which one of the two is more popular with the people of Pokecommunity.

Personally, I prefer dogs more. I think they make an overall more friendly companion, and they seem
    to be more playful than cats...

Vote and post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I used to love dogs more than
    cats, then cats more than dogs.
    I later got 2 cats. Then, years
    later got a dog.

So, it's actually pretty much a tie
    for me.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I'd hate to decide on this because I love both. I do seem to go more towards cats though. Cats are such adorable creatures and I just love their cute little meows. ;o;

However, I have a dog but I love him just as much I love a cat. ^_^

I did have a cat but he got really sick and we had to put him down. >_<

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I am in love with dogs. :cer_love:
    I think they are the perfect life companion.
    They're loyal, always happy to see you come home, always there to cheer you up when you're sad, always ready to play if you need someone to play with, they're easy to talk to, and they're smart.

Honestly, I could live my whole life without relationships as long as I have my dog. :]

Too bad they live such short lives...

But, just for the record, I like cats too. :]

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • I love both, but if I could only ever have one, I'd pick a dog, definitely. They're far more likable to me and you can't really run laps with a cat. Plus, cats are so tiny. I don't mind things small, like cage-small, but cats are awkward tiny. Big dogs are the way to go, IMO. Gemmie a Border Collie, a German Shepherd, a Rottie, a Mastiff any day. Big, sturdy, smart, adorable working dogs!

Plus -- dogs are much more useful in so many more ways. A cat may let you have your space, but a dog will be your best friend, your workout partner, a tracker, a hunter, a rescuer, a protector, a detector, and so much more. <3

I mean, I like cats. They're cute, they're fun, but they just don't have the same kind of charm.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Dogs are the best and will always be the best :3

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've only ever had cats for pets, but I've always like dogs just a bit more. They're much more energetic and entertaining IMO. But I love cats as well. Both are very nice pets ^___^

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I'm a cat person right now, though that's only because the closest dog is my parents' and it's this stupid tiny yappy thing. I much prefer the tranquility of relaxing on the couch with a cup of tea, my laptop, and a purring cat sleeping somewhere between my knee and the back of the couch. If the dog i something of a modest size, like a Lab or retriever, then I'm just fine with them.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Dogs > Cats

Reasons Why
    • Dogs are loyal, cats only use humans for food & shelter
    • Dogs don't cough furballs up frequently
    • Cats gave my brother a scar

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Cat person all the way, though I'm allergic to both.

I've had dogs viciously bark at me, charge in to attack me, and even bite me in the rear.Plus, cats are cuter. No contest.

And yes, it's the reason I have a Persian on my Pokemon team and why I stay the hell away from Growlithe at all costs (I won't even use it as a rental in Emerald's Battle Factory)

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Cats! X3 Cats are lazy, sleepy, and have no desire to be playful, which is obviously my perfect companion. XD And if you want them to be more exciting, they can be just as playful as dogs if you get the right toy. Most people say, "Cats are boring, the only thing they do is sleep and eat, aren't pets supposed to be fun? They cough up fur balls, they scratch people." Them, taking the dogs side.

Dogs bite, which is even more painful than a scratch, they're dirty, they can be huge, they're hyper, they bark, (annoying o_o) they're down right vicious if you get the right breed, and they're ugly.

Cats, even though they do, they rarely have fur balls. They're not as hyper and tiring, they're cute, fluffy, some can be vicious but most are completely harmful, they don't bite, they may leave a very bad scratch on your body, but they do not bite peoples' body parts off. They don't grow to be so big, and they're lazy, which is a perfect match for anyone who is stressed, tired and doesn't feel like doing anything. Of course, I respect peoples' opinion, and see why they're against cats, however cats are the ones for me! :3

Reactions: Zet

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • I just want to point out: cats can claw and bite just like dogs. In fact, cat bites are in many ways much more dangerous because they are smaller, deeper, and ten times more likely to become infected than a dog bite. I was always more wary of my friend's cat than any dog.

And there are breeds of dog for every sort of person. Pugs, with their short little faces, can be lazy, contended little lap dogs, as are a lot of breeds. Plus, just about any dog can be trained to be calmer. I've been around/kept large, highly active breeds all my life and all of them would be happy to flop over like a sack of potatoes by your feet and doze while you read a book. Not all dogs are trained well, but that's not their fault. :/

There are sleepy little cats and sleepy little dogs. There are active cats and there are active dogs. I still like dogs better, but there's some sort of cat and dog for every lifestyle.

Finally, I feel like sharing the wise -- paraphrased -- words of Dave Barry: "I pet the dog so furiously that it would crush a cat into a pancake, but it only makes the dog love me more."

Years
  • CATS FTW ! they don't bother you.. to take them on walk and they are more mellow and clam.. dogs slubber all over you.. cats warm your lap by sitting on it..

~AS

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    A dog will fetch me the animals I shoot, will flock up my sheep, will guard my house and at the end of the day will sit with me by the fireplace.

Now show me what your cat can do... bring you a half eaten bird?

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    iv been a dog person my whole life :) i find dogs more fun to play with and stuff, cause the only cat i ever had was wild 0.o (very mean)

Back