• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't You Knock?

Years
  • I always knock, sometimes even if the door is open but I can't see the people inside. I find it normal and I expect others to do the same to me (it rarely happens ;_;) and also, I always wait for an answer before entering. Unless there's no one inside the room, of course, in that case I just go inside (if I have something important to do in that room, or it's a bathroom.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    it's called common courtesy people, you don't knock I'll consider you raised by wolves.

Years
  • i live in an apartment building with shared bathrooms. i have lived here for 2 and a half years and i can count on 1 hand how many times people have knocked. the only other person that knocks in this building of about 30 people is my roommate. i absolutely hate it. i knock everytime and even when i know someone is not in the bathroom i still knock! it drives me insane. how many times am i gonna be in the bathroom and hear someone trying to break the knob off the door? SOMEONES OBVIOUSLY IN HERE A@$@#%@!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I knock in most situations, and I expect/hope that others will do the same. I find it incredibly irritating when people barge in on me when I'm getting dressed, or even when I didn't want to be distracted for a few minutes. I've found that it's a habit that's easy to maintain once started, so I see no reason not do do so.

Years
  • Privacy is a big thing for me
    so I'll pretty much always knock simply because I expect people to do the same for me... or else.

I had a delivery guy randomly open our door once and I was about five seconds from hitting him over the head with the bag I was carrying.

Years
  • Of course! What's the point of a door if you are just going to deny someone privacy anyways?

I absolutely hate it when someone opens my door without knocking first. Those who don't knock are quickly added to my list of people to avoid. But it's hard to avoid someone who barges in out of nowhere like that!

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Every single time, unless I'm in some kind of breathtaking hurry that if I don't the whole world will die. I value my privacy, and I dislike others coming into my room without knocking and not leaving when I ask. I imagine others would like the same amount of respect.

Back