• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dont you love your country!

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
  • I dislike the amount of Red tape in British Law.

For example, recently, there was a housefire and a woman and a child were trapped inside. Several neighbours attempted to go in to help, but were stopped by Police because of Health and Safety laws. The neighbours were forced to stand by and do nothing while people in the house burned to death.

Years
  • It's funny how children in the US are imbued with thoughts of "America's pwnsomeness"
    (I grew up in the Philippines, and moved a bit...so I like the diverse cultures of the world...not the fringe ones, the acceptable ones.)
    So yeah....I like looking at the world as a whole rather than the small space of your home country. ^_^

America's fine...but if you look at my political posts, you'll notice I criticize the government a bit, hoping it can do better. Kinda like Europe...

As for the Philippines...It's good, but I hate the Government's blatant corruption (It's a developing country so it's "normal") I'll leave the worrying to my home-countrymen since I already have enough problems with the US Government/policies. =/

Off topic:I found out about this new awesome AH book called Without Warning in which most of the US, Mexico, and half of Canada's population is suddenly turned into goop by a weird phenomena...Right before the 2003 Iraqi War. =O It then talks about how the world copes...without a US. ;_; So read it before wondering how "awesome" the world will be without the US.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I LOVE MY COUNTRY<3

Nah, I really do. I don't have any problems with American laws or the government. If you seriously just hate living in America, then really, maybe you should move elsewhere.

Cause obviously being in a country where you can do mostly anything without worrying if you'll spend your life in jail for doing it, not being controlled by a dictator, and not having to be afraid for your life due to civil war sure is tough, huh?

I won't say I agree with everything that goes on, but come on... if you live in America, you are luckier than a lot of the world. You aren't living in a mud hut or dying from a disease that a doctor can fix, but the problem is that there is no doctor. You aren't stuck in an overpopulated city worrying about sanitation or even how you'll get your next meal. You aren't being kidnapped as a child and being forced to fight in a war. So get over it if you can't wear your hood in town. Hoods are overrated anyways.

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    I agree one hundred percent with that hideous strength.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Eh, America is alright. Depending on how you look at it. There are many perspectives one can look through when analyzing the quality of this country.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Yes, I like living in the United States. "The laaaand of the freeeeeee, and the hoooome of the braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave!!" *shot*

There are some things I dislike about our government- the Iraqi War, immigrants, the economy problem...but hey, no country is perfect, right? One might have better laws or ethics than another but that doesn't make it the best.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You guys please read the first post next time. I used it as a sarcastic line for i hate some stuff in it. Jeez and people tell me i need to read it sometimes. >_<

Erm, how else would we express our reasons for loving it or not?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Every school day, we pledge our allegiance to a really arrogant nation ....... in America! [/shot]

Honestly, America has it's good and bad point. One just needs to look at where it is. For example, The War in Iraq failed miserably, but through the war; we saw that George W. Bush wasn't meant to become President.

Okay. Okay. I'll stop now. However, we're not that almighty. No everyone here is as good looking as the ones waving that American flag in the movie. Hell, obesity is one the nation's most common problem.

Just because America gives citizen's rights and freedom doesn't mean that everyone uses it properly.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Yes, I like living in the United States. "The laaaand of the freeeeeee, and the hoooome of the braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave!!" *shot*

There are some things I dislike about our government- the Iraqi War, immigrants, the economy problem...but hey, no country is perfect, right? One might have better laws or ethics than another but that doesn't make it the best.

"Immigrants" are a problem? I mean, if it's true that many of them make employment for the lower class less likely, but I don't think just "immigrants" plain and simple is a problem.

As for the government being responsible for the economy, the people who are actually responsible are the executives who made bone-headed investments, and yet are still considered by conservatives to be genius, talented individuals who are the only ones who can keep the economy afloat......and whose talent and importance merits not having any sort of limit on their extravagant paychecks. People on Fox News, CNBC, and CNN act like these execs are the only ones who have the mindpower and education to understand how to fix the problem they were absent-minded enough to create, which is the biggest load of ******** ever. Keeping in mind that if there were regulations in place (an idea Bush/Cheney and all conservatives would scoff at), the whole thing may have been avoided.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Personally I never had much love for laws on either country I've lived in.

Though the government trying to legalize cannabis is pretty awesome.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would much rather live in South Africa over the U.S.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Honestly, America has it's good and bad point. One just needs to look at where it is. For example, The War in Iraq failed miserably, but through the war; we saw that George W. Bush wasn't meant to become President.

Sorry for being off topic, but...I'd love to hear about how we're losing the war. Seeing as, you know...We're not. How exactly did it fail?

Anyway...I love my country with all my heart. Through the good times and the bad. I don't relate government policies and whether I agree with them or not to how I feel about America itself. No one is going to be happy all the time, and as of now we are a very divided nation politically. But if you are an American, you should be able to look up at our flag and be glad that you live in such a great country. People absolutely do not realize how good we have it here compared to other nations. I feel lucky to have been born here, and it seems like a shame to see that some people take all of the freedoms we have here for granted (from both political parties by the way). This is my home, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I would much rather live in South Africa over the U.S.

You really gonna waffle up your life there, you know.

Personally, I like living in both US and Mexico. Laws are just right to me on both countries and I see nothing wrong with that...except I think smoking should be banned afte Sunday Midnights but not on Mondays. @~@.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yes, I like living in the United States. "The laaaand of the freeeeeee, and the hoooome of the braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave!!" *shot*

Immigrants my friend are what helped America to be built. If it wasnt for the great immigration rush in the first half of the 20th century imagine what america would be like.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Oh it must be terrible living in America during the Iraq War, all the the oil being gained and everything, it's terrible. It would be so much better living somewhere like, hmm I don't know, Iraq? [/sarcasm]

Unless your a Native American/Indian American/whatever you wana call it, then you are an immigrant.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    I would love America, except for the fact that half of the population is pathological. This portion of the population are referred to as conservatives.

Sorry for being off topic, but...I'd love to hear about how we're losing the war. Seeing as, you know...We're not. How exactly did it fail?

We didn't and won't "lose" in Iraq per se, but there is no question that the war is an absolute failure and absolutely no good as far as combatting terror goes. All it did was incite anti-American sentiment in the middle east, which at this point, I have to say, is entirely justified.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    If you honestly believe this, you are a lot more foolish than I thought. Not many other countries view the United States as a "super awesome country". In fact, many people around the world think the United States has some of the most arrogant citizens in the world for believing just that.

• • •

Law-wise, the United States is... well... whatever.

It's the whole "national pride" that I have a problem with. I don't mind a little patriotism, but to the point of singing songs about it all the time? No. I don't really see what I have to be "proud" of; I was simply born here.

Mitchman (Todoroki?), please, don't get so angry over these things. It's not beneficial to the conversation - being calm can get a point across a lot better. This isn't meant to flame you, just a suggestion.

Agreed. Nationalism isn't really beneficial to anyone during times of prosperity and during times of war, it only leads to the likes of Hitler being elected...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I like the UK, I don't have to pay for my tablets, injections, glasses and dentist. I know they're paid out of taxes, but I don't pay taxes haha otherwise I would've had to pay hundreds of pounds.

Back