• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dont you love your country!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    The US could be a lot worse, but the Iraq War was a disaster, suburban sprawl has made us inefficient and culturally bankrupt, and our health care system is insultingly poor.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    In my opinion, nationalism has become outdated (and useless) in this global world. Sure, I like it where I live, but I would not fire a gun 5,000 miles away in the desert because I love my country so much.

I have believed for a long time that there should simply be a world government with LK Advani as leader, and no such thing as countries. (Actually I haven't decided who would be the leader of this world government.)

Totally agreed! Countries don't need their own total-governments - just administrative powers so they can organise regional affairs. There's actually a name for this movement - Anti-Nationalism or Cosmopolitanism. It's a fascinating subject!

_Bizy_

just some guy
    Years
  • Slovenia has a few problems but it still rocks!!

Lepo je v naši domovini biti mlad!

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
    Years
  • I love Indonesia, but corruption makes it all worse, even the governments ask for more and more raise while they're rich enough. Why don't they use the money to help the poor?

zerwey

:3
    Years
  • I dislike the amount of Red tape in British Law.

For example, recently, there was a housefire and a woman and a child were trapped inside. Several neighbours attempted to go in to help, but were stopped by Police because of Health and Safety laws. The neighbours were forced to stand by and do nothing while people in the house burned to death.

WTH.....
    As for America, I find that people here are pretty naive. ):
    I don't believe people can criticize the government. Even if the government follows the wish of one side of the people, the other side will always be yapping out for their wishes to be fulfilled.
    People can never be satisfied.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • Not a fan of my country, but I don't think there's anywhere else I'd rather live... one of the reasons I don't like it is because (not to offend anyone) our languages are so messed up... you know how most countries have one language as their main? Ours is really confusing, its a whole bunch because America is the "best country on earth" and everyone wants to be here. Haha. Yeah right.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I've been to other countries around the world, and I've come to appreciate how good people have it in the United States.

I do love my residential country ( united states ) but I would love to in another country such as France, Israel, or Australia.

J'aime parler francais :3

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • You should all come to California. We have jackets. Not that we ever need to wear them...

But yeah. Cali may be the best place on earth. We have everything here.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • America is grand. (If you can keep your job.)

I live in a small rural community. This town does not know the meaning of crime. People leave their vehicles running while they walk into the convince store.

Being such a small town, we have yet to really fell the effects of the economy melt down. It's hard to find a job, but not hard to keep one.

But to answer your question, yes there are laws that I do not like (like the speed limit for example.) However there are laws that are good. (You can not murder somebody for example.) But what really makes me mad is that Congress if full of criminals.

Years
  • Well, I hate how my country actually embraces the hockey stereotype. :/
    Nothing to say politically, since I don't really keep up with those things. Canada's a little messed up, but there are worse places to live.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • Look's like im the only one representing france so far.

France is a nice place over all btu the real problem is the people....not that they are nasty or anything but they are just so laid back its stupid.

I mean you can give a meeting for say 9 Am and no one will turn up before 9:45....why?... because they hadent got round to it.

It does have its advantages though such as a minumum 2 hour lunchbreak and 4 days of school per week (monday,tuesday,thursday,friday) but if your in a hurry for anything dont bother.

like some of you on here I live in a small comunity (about 400 people over 47 square kms!) and we all know each other near enough but then come another downfall of france... the TOURISTS yeah they are great for the economy but they are just so bloody annoying how can teh folsk who live here all the time be able to get on with they're lives when people from paris are liek " Hey Beatrice look at the Vendeen peasents!!!" I tell you it boils my blood.

On the upside (especially where I am) we have a lovely micro-climate wich means eithen at this time of the year we are getting 30 degrees celcius and there is nothing like home made wine

Also: yeah USA might be overated but why is it you never hear any of them complain about where they live?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Also: yeah USA might be overated but why is it you never hear any of them complain about where they live?

Oh believe me, before I moved cross country, I would have written a rant much longer than your about America.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • The only things I can think of off the top of my head are laws against adoption by unmarried couples (which are obviously targeting homosexuals but manage to slight others while they're at it). Those are state laws, though.

Other than that I think it's generally pretty nice here, at least for me as a white (-ish) middle class suburbanite. Things aren't perfect (hello criminal justice system!), but at least we can vote and look at whatever we want on the Internet. Mostly.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • But what really makes me mad is that Congress if full of criminals.
    You have no idea how pissed I am when checking this out. They're our representatives, our voice, and our criminals?!

I hate how everyone in France always complained about American people XD
    I wonder why...? XD

[/remembers Rush Hour 3]

Also: yeah USA might be overated but why is it you never hear any of them complain about where they live?
    Haha, trust me, I made a rant once about America so long and terrible that I feared it would be looked at as a hate crime. XD

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • Yes I do. I even joined the military.

Thank you for standing up and serving your country with me :]

There are tons of things I don't like about this country, but that won't stop me from loving my freedoms it provides, and I have given myself to my country to help protect those freedoms for others.

Last edited:

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • America is cool, I can't think of anywhere I would rather be, but Minnesota sucks, I want to go to Colorado!.
    I do want to attend a college in the UK at some point, just to see another place (plus they speak English XD)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Not much. Some politicians and officials are corrupt, keeping some of the donations for themselves. Or using the money for nonsense. I do love my country, but the officers who run it? Not much...

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Well, lets think of reasons to love my country, shall we?
    1. We've slipped into an obesity epidemic.
    2. Every Australian now has a $3000 debt from the day they are born.
    3. Our "leader" has been seemingly captured by the Chinese. (<- Joke, I am not trying to be racist)
    The only reason I can think to like it is because the chicks are hot :D.
    ^Yet again, not trying to be sexist.^

Back