• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP 110-DP114

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Credits to Dogasu for the translations

"Gen and Lucario"

Satoshi and his friends receive a phone call from the Pokemon Trainer Jun, who's currently training on Steel Island. The pokemon that Jun had brought with him, Empärt, has suddenly stopped obeying him, so he's trying to figure out why. Satoshi and his friends go to this Steel Island to help Jun and are speechless when they see the steel-type pokemon in the area violently fight with their comrades.

"The Ruins of Steel Island!"
    A man named Gen, who had rescued Satoshi and his friends from the steel pokemon's attacks, and his partner Lucario are both "Aura users" who are able to manipulate their "Aura." With their help, Satoshi and the others figure out that the cause of all the pokemon's outbursts are some low-frequency waves that are being emitted after an accident. Satoshi and his friends search for the source of these waves...

"The Drifting Pikachu and Potchama Chronicles!"
    While riding the boat with Satoshi and his friends that takes them to Akebi Town, Pikachu and Potchama are kidnapped by the Rocket-Dan inside the ship. After they escape, the pokemon find themselves washed ashore on an uninhabited island. Will they be able to return to Satoshi and the others safely?

"The Mischevious Phione"
    Hikari has arrived at Akebi Town, the site of her next Pokemon Contest. A lot of tourists have come to the town in order to catch a glimpse of a wild "Sea Drifter Pokemon" Phione, a pokemon who lives in the surrounding sea and is said to bring good luck to whoever it sees. Without delay, Hikari joins everyone else in their "Phione Watching"...

Confirmed by Newtype Magazine:
    https://anime.webnt.jp/program/index.php?pg_page=tv_detail&detail=1809

Before we start discussing
    1. Please no beezelup...err...Piplup bashing
    2. No Auraholic or Anti-auraholic bashing. Please no flames here

Let's start discussing
    I really hope that Registeel makes an appearance. However no mention of Mars nor Deoxys.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Um..is Gen the Japan name or is the American name? Wasn't it supposed to be Riley at first?
    and who's Empart by the way?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Um..is Gen the Japan name or is the American name? Wasn't it supposed to be Riley at first?
    and who's Empart by the way?
    I'm going to make this an FAQ Post?

Question: Who is Gen?
    A: RILEY

Queston: Who is Empart?
    A: Empoleon

Question: Will Ash catch Riolu or get the egg?
    A: Can we wait and see?

Question: Why are they going to Akeiba Town?
    A: Site of the next contest.

Question: Whose Heracross is that?
    A: It's Jun's I suppose they are trying to give him his game team.
    @ Quick_kid: This is for everyone if they have any questions. Just some stuff I've seen so far.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    COOL, I'm glad we'll get to see his heracross...and yep we'll definitely have to wait and see what happens with the egg...actually I was thinking of a theory I had about Riolu...what if Gen(Riley) was traveling along Iron Island with an egg, and was hpoing for it to hatch soon...and at the end it finally hatches with Gen and he moves along with it and Lucario...think that would work?

Another question...Who do u think might be Dawn's biggest rival this time in this new contest? Think she'll win her 4th ribbon yet? and do u think Mamoswine might be used by that time?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Let's wait for the summary for that before we get into that. This thread is about the summaries from before. Let's stick with that.

SOMETHING I FORGOT TO MENTION:
    The egg is NOT mentioned at all. We have to wait and see.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ALRIGHTY then...I agree...I want to see what others have to say then maybe I'll check back in later...but hmm, the egg wasn't mentioned at all???

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Nope not at all.

Anyway, I love Gen's Lucario. Also, the best part is that JUN is gonna be in this arc!^^ <3

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    What does Gen's lucario act like btw, since u love it so much? and by arc u mean 1 or 2 episodes right?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    It's just cool looking with Gen. Only thing is it looks like Kinoshita is animating this episode.>_>

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Kinoshita...can I ask what this it plz?
    and yeah...do u think Riley will be the name od Gen when it is launced in the USA?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Kinoshita...can I ask what this it plz?
    and yeah...do u think Riley will be the name od Gen when it is launced in the USA?
    Okay last questions I'm answering:
    Kinoshita is the worst Pokemon animator they have. Why would they change his name back to Gen if it's in America? >_>

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay last questions I'm answering:
    Kinoshita is the worst Pokemon animator they have. Why would they change his name back to Gen if it's in America? >_>

IDK...lol...but these 4 episodes seem like they are going to be quite interesting to see...especially now that the whole Riolu/Ash/egg thing will finally be answered and revealed if he even gets one or not...and if there is even an egg...

Off Topic a little: u know what...this whole post seems like a VM between Akio and I...it's kinda weird how no one else has responded yet, but oh well, I'm sure by tomorrow it'll be booming...

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Yeah, but if it happens it happens. When people notice this they will be all over it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, but if it happens it happens. When people notice this they will be all over it.

if it happens what else can we do right? I persoanlly wouldn't mind him getting it thoug...just because Riolu is one of my favorite pokemon...but do u think IF Ash even gets Riolu...do u think it'll know Aura Sphere or not?

(Im sure ppl will be all over it...did u doscover this news today btw?)

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    You had to use those bloody rules to take all the fun out of it, didn't you? I bet that you put them up just for me. :<

Anyway, the Phione episode seems interesting. It's also worth noting that DP113 shows Pikachu and Beezleplup finding Deoxys. (From Bulbanews IIRC)

I'm looking forward to everything but that Iron Island arc. I'll probably eat scrambled eggs while watching it, just to be a meanie. :D

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Don, what did we say about bashing the Auraholics? It's not nice. >_> Same with bashing the penguin...let's do that over MSN instead. XD

Anyway, I want to see what the writers do with the ruins. Since I heard about all three ruins in Platinum, I've been kind of interested in them.

Years
    What is the english name of Akebi town?

It's anime-exclusive, so we've no idea until the episode airs in the US. It seems to come from the Akebia, though.

No mention of an Egg? What a relief.

(Also, it should be a requirement of Japanese anime discussion to know what other people are talking about. >>)

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    What I don't get: People WANT him to get the egg... but we just went over people can't see him benching any of his pokemon to oak. So he wouldn't be able to carry the egg.

IF someone gets the Riolu egg, I see it being brock, considering he's trained Steel Types before.

I'm still waiting for someone to go "ZOMG, Ash's Heracross is coming back!!!!!111" Even though you stated it was Jun's :P

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    It's not that they said it's Jun's its just if you consider the game and the fact that...I dunno its a Heracross standing NEXT to Jun, you kind of put two and two together. XD I think the fans think Ash is the only one allowed to have a Heracross on Earth. People then forget that Conway has one too. XD

As for the egg, this may soon be behind us. If he gets it I mean it would have to be DP111 where Ash is taught by Gen how to control Aura. After that, it isn't happening and it can be forgetten. (Now can we please stop talking about the egg. XD)

I wish that Steelix weren't so plentiful in Sinnoh, I mean its not enough that a main charecter (second only to Ash and Pikachu) has one, but they have to show the thing every chance they get. I wish Brock would call his back, so maybe we don't have to see the thing everywhere. At least if a main character has them with them, then the riders can showcase their obbession...errr... "love" of the great snake unholy mascot.

Back