• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP 81 Discussion *Japanese Spoilers*

Years
  • Besides, Ash isn't the type to give up on a Pokemon.

Doesnt give up pokemon?He gave Haunter to Sabrina,gave Primape to that one boxer guy,he let free butterfree and Pidgeot,he gave his Squirtle to Off. Jenny... need i say more?

edit-sorry thought u said he doesnt give up pokemon....my bad^^

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Well, one thing is for sure, Gligar is indeed involving before the 11th Movie, and also, the movie is taking place before Hearthome. There goes your theory about Gligar evolving in the fifth Gym.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Doesnt give up pokemon?He gave Haunter to Sabrina,gave Primape to that one boxer guy,he let free butterfree and Pidgeot,he gave his Squirtle to Off. Jenny... need i say more?

edit-sorry thought u said he doesnt give up pokemon....my bad^^

He doesn't just release pokemon for no good reason

Haunter - made sabrina laugh
    Primeape - So he could become stronger
    Butterfree - So it could have children
    Pidgeot - To protect pidgy and pidgeotto from fearow
    Squirtle - I didn't see when he left but i know hes part of the squirtle squad again

He wouldn't just give away his chimchar because it isn't tame

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • He doesn't just release pokemon for no good reason

Haunter - made sabrina laugh
    Primeape - So he could become stronger
    Butterfree - So it could have children
    Pidgeot - To protect pidgy and pidgeotto from fearow
    Squirtle - I didn't see when he left but i know hes part of the squirtle squad again

He wouldn't just give away his chimchar because it isn't tame

Yeah...i'm actually starting to think this will happen with chimchar:

When it finally becomes tame, it will do so when Paul comes to his senses and apologizes to it, and they'll hug or something, then they'll be attacked by TR or something, and it'll evolve after the battle, as Paul realizes his mistake and asks for it to come back to him, and chimchar will hesitate because of Ash. Then Ash will see them, shed a few tears, roll some clips from the past and let chimchar/other evolution go back to his true trainer.

A little sloppy of a post, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened...It'd be kinda sweet :')

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • I think he did, and told Gligar that it was probably not suitable for it to battle there. Then Gligar teared up a little. Or something like that. I can't understand much Japanese anyhow. XP

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • I dunno, i'd like to think that Ash would keep Chimchar, but i dunno... Chimchar is a staple in his team now, so i don't think he'll give him up. I think if he does eventually give him back to Paul, it'll be after Paul is defeated in the Pokemon league, and maybe Paul will be apoligizing to his pokemon for being so hard on them, and Paul tells Ash he's sorry or something, and Ash gives Chimchar back to him out of the goodness of his heart. But i dunno, i guess we'll have to wait.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I love how Ash got bitten really hard and didn't show any pain afterward. ONe thing I hate about the anime. ;/

Chimchar will most likely stay, atleast, in my eyes he will. Ash has made it quite oblivious that he's going to be there for Chimchar, and Chimchar has also shown that he's getting attatched to Ash. I doubt it'll go anywhere, especially Paul. I mean, the thing was terrified of Paul's pokemon, and it's source of anger was from Paul.

Ya. I don't watch anime but I saw the picture captions so I know what happened. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Well, one thing is for sure, Gligar is indeed involving before the 11th Movie, and also, the movie is taking place before Hearthome. There goes your theory about Gligar evolving in the fifth Gym.

Well unless you give a source to your statement, I don't believe you.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Well unless you give a source to your statement, I don't believe you.
    Thanks Akio, for backing my statement up.

...Also, I have undeniable proof that the movie is taking place before Hearthome. Reason being, DP 83 (the Pastoria Gym Battle) is airing only on the 19th of June, which gives the writers less than seven episodes (methinks four or five's the maximum they'll go) to air before the movie. How are they to squeeze in the Hearthome Gym Battle in such a short time?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Thanks Akio, for backing my statement up.

...Also, I have undeniable proof that the movie is taking place before Hearthome. Reason being, DP 83 (the Pastoria Gym Battle) is airing only on the 19th of June, which gives the writers less than seven episodes (methinks four or five's the maximum they'll go) to air before the movie. How are they to squeeze in the Hearthome Gym Battle in such a short time?

As they say, the DP series is unpredictable so anything can happen. Another thing is if their going to evolve Gligar it should to in the next Ep. Its nighttime a perfect chance for Gligar to evolve.

Akio123 your link just showed Ash and Dawn new Pokemon.

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    But if they're going by common sense, wouldn't Gligar need a RazorFang or some such? I'm not sure if Ash has it or not, but if he doesn't, than it probably won't evolve.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • But if they're going by common sense, wouldn't Gligar need a RazorFang or some such? I'm not sure if Ash has it or not, but if he doesn't, than it probably won't evolve.
    I'll reveal the THREE new titles I found, that show he get's a razor fang, Dawn catching Swinub, and another new cool episode.

Edit:
    AtHero: that point it's common sense, I mean Gligar evolves into Gliscor.
    1. Gligar isn't present, but a Gliscor is.
    2. Gligar was caught to evolve.

For Swinub+Dawn:
    True it could be Brocks, but it seems like it's gonna be Dawn's.

Years
  • Well that was an interesting episode. The Hikozaru and Gligar part has been talked about alot so...

:o What was that speech that Satoshi gave to Shinji? (Before the battle) He kept saying -Onnaji da!- "We're the same!" and referenced Shirona. He seemed very upset.

This is a time that a few Japanese words don't get by. ;_;

And am I correct that "Sukine" or something like it (one thing Satoshi said) was "Hate" or "I hate you!"?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    I'll reveal the THREE new titles I found, that show he get's a razor fang, Dawn catching Swinub, and another new cool episode.

Edit:
    AtHero: that point it's common sense, I mean Gligar evolves into Gliscor.
    1. Gligar isn't present, but a Gliscor is.
    2. Gligar was caught to evolve.

For Swinub+Dawn:
    True it could be Brocks, but it seems like it's gonna be Dawn's.

Akio123 I know Gligar evolves into Gliscor and Gligar was caught to evolve. What are you talkinga bout? I said noting about Gligar didn't evolve.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Akio123 I know Gligar evolves into Gliscor and Gligar was caught to evolve. What are you talkinga bout? I said noting about Gligar didn't evolve.
    Oh we thought you meant that Gligar was not going to evolve AT ALL.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2009
    Well, one thing is for sure, Gligar is indeed involving before the 11th Movie, and also, the movie is taking place before Hearthome. There goes your theory about Gligar evolving in the fifth Gym.
    I think the movies aren't part of the series at all... So, if you think as me, Gligar doesn't have to evolve before the Movie...

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I think the movies aren't part of the series at all... So, if you think as me, Gligar doesn't have to evolve before the Movie...
    See in Japan ussually the movie they try to update it based on the captures. So they have like Steelmainiac said, about 7 episode.

Anyway, I loved the episode. Gligar was adorable and this does point to him wanting to become stronger. I mean the loss to Gliscor was horrendous. Chimmy wasn't beserk all that long.

Back