• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP 84/85 Episode Discussion (Japanese Spoilers)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
  • SO what Bonsly just doesn't matter or soemthing? I mean it has to learn Mimic to evolve.

Oh. I forgot about mimic. Teeheehee My bad.

I kinda want to disagree on some of that. I mean still it just seems like some of Dawn's older pokemon have been just not being seen. Still I would like to see Bunery in another contest again with a new move to boot. Still something tells me that if Swinub joins Dawn then my fave bunny is just kinda going have to wait. Su.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Oh. I forgot about mimic. Teeheehee My bad.

I kinda want to disagree on some of that. I mean still it just seems like some of Dawn's older pokemon have been just not being seen. Still I would like to see Bunery in another contest again with a new move to boot. Still something tells me that if Swinub joins Dawn then my fave bunny is just kinda going have to wait. Su.
    So the Mikuri cup doesn't matter then? XD I mean Buneary will have her day. I mean like they have to showcase more pokemon and Brock got his quoata for the region.

Last edited:

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • No other forum bashing. Don't make me break out my giant mod mallet.
    I actually meant that as a joke to be honest (I use that very rarely and besides, I'd be technically insulting myself since I do go there regularly. ._.). Well, since it isn't allowed... Sorry, I won't do it again. XP

The mod mallet hurts. DON'T HURT ME! *surrender*

@ Akio: ...What Whirl Cup? XD You mean the Wallace Cup, right?

Years
  • I actually meant that as a joke to be honest (I use that very rarely and besides, I'd be technically insulting myself since I do go there regularly. ._.). Well, since it isn't allowed... Sorry, I won't do it again. XP

The mod mallet hurts. DON'T HURT ME! *surrender*

No worries, but just be careful in the future. We're supposed to be "special" and all that. Heh.

Yes, ph33r my mod mallet! Bwahaha!

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Yup, Dawn catches Swinub. The manner of it was similar to Brock and Croagunk and Ash and Gligar, no battle.

Also, Gligar evolved in DP 85 (also made a glomping record of SIX times in the entire episode itself). It appears that it has kept its personality (just what we wanted, didn't we? XD), which was utter win.

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
  • DP: Episode 84

-Dawn's Pokemon eat to much!
    - No, Swinub its to much!!
    - The Return of Ash's awful Puffins....ewww lol
    - Dawn's Puffin's looked good....
    - OMG when was the last time we saw Igglybuff?! Since Johto lol
    - Dawn captures Swinub!
    - Swinub equals Munchlax

Episode Rating: 9/10

DP: Episode 85

- OMG I've waited 2 weeks for this episode!!
    - Gligar is so cute when it tears up!
    - I'm going to miss Gilgar
    - Gary's back and sexier then ever!
    - Hey its Umbreon!!
    - I prefer Gary over Shinji anyday
    - Gligar evolved! FTW!
    - Congrats Gliscor! You deserved that evoultion!
    - The best thing is it keeps its personalitys from its Gligar stage (Thank Goodness, it wont end up like Charizard did lol)
    - Not only did Gilgar learn X-Scissor but it evolved into Gliscor to. Two in one I love it!
    - I can't wait for the Dub
    - Gliscor ^_^
    - Shame Gary has to leave again, but his presense was much needed :P

Episode Rating: 10/10!!
    Gliscor FTW!

Years
  • I'm watching 85 first, as I don't have the actual file for the episodes right now.

I am happy that Shigeru is back, but it's not quite the meeting I wanted. Sure it's funny that he took a moment to tease Satoshi like the olden days,
    [You can't count on your fingers how many times it's been
    Shigeru: "-mean mean- Saa~toshi-kun!"
    Satoshi: " *growling* Nani!?"]

but he was never 'happy' to see him again. They left on great terms, but he seems generally pissed at him.
    And with Gligar, he's handled Hikozaru with so much love and understanding, I would think he'd be capable of handling Gligar without being berated by friends.

(I did have alot of comment inbetween here, but it was alot of babbling. xD I didn't think you'd want to hear all that.)

-Hey! Can Pikachu NOT send them away. D: Let Glion do it!

-I know Glion is the same, but it's still kinda scary. ;_;

-Hikari...xD Don't fawn on Shigeru's 'seriyuus' if you can't get his name right!
    -OH! He actually made one. Hikari looks so happy! xD
    Ho...I remember the dub's 'poem'. They better get some better writers for this episode, or it could be really bad...

I was hyped about this episode because of Shigeru, but overall I was a bit disappointed with his appearance.. I really did like this episode though. <3

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • 84 was just full of nonsensical fun at the beginning, but it did have its emotional parts.

However, what does an apple have to do with Pochama? Seriously. Urimoo constantly appearing to gobble up whatever food it could find was hilarious though.

Also, Hikari and Shigeru encounters are never short of a sweatdrop or two. XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    DP 84

- It says ShoPro at the end of the opening o.O
    - Swinub is cute!
    - Everytime Swinub appears the DP Artist/Worker Ecounter music comes on XD
    - LMAO Ash still fails at poffins XD
    - And he actually tries eating it XD
    - I love Poketaari Monsutaari!
    - I love the BGM at 5:42 (I think that was dark piece, I can't remember I watched it yesterday)
    - Ash and Dawn can jump high!
    - LOL Dawn had the Team Rocket blast off ching in her eye XD

DP 85

- I don't know whether to lol or go aww when Gligar started to cry while he was battling XD
    - LOL when Gligar chased Ash XD
    - Was Gligar scared of Ash? When he hide behind Gary, I mean?
    - Why wouldn't Ash let Gligar have the Razor Fang? I know it'll make him evolve, but why doesn't he want him to?
    - I really like how there was an R shape and Wobbuffet came out at the end...cool
    - Wow, haven't heard the GSC Team Rocket Encounter in a while
    - LOL I liked how Wobbuffet slid off screen to go close to the screen to say "Sonasuu!"
    - Ouch, Ash must be really hurt when he will killing his arm on the cage
    - Staravia carrying Ash's backpack XD
    - Aww it's so cute when Ash and Gligar are dancing and hugging!
    - lol Ash forgot he was falling XD
    - I love the Route 206 theme!
    - Wow, that sun rose really quickly
    - Hey, the ending theme is the original Kaze no Message
    - LMAO James in the preview

I don't think the people of YouTube will like me for my long comments on DP 85 XD

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Yay Akio answer time!
    @Jorah:
    Was Gligar scared of Ash? When he hide behind Gary, I mean?
    A: Yeah, because he thought Satoshi was mad at him for losing horribly to Buizel...heck he started bowing before Buizel...now that she evolved...I can see Bui Bui bowing before her.

Why wouldn't Ash let Gligar have the Razor Fang? I know it'll make him evolve, but why doesn't he want him to?
    A: He wouldn't let him have the Razor Fang till he was ready to evolve. Satoshi didn't think she was ready due to her age and lack of experience.

Oh and ShoPro is a sponser of Pokemon Japan.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • No problem at all. In any case I am just happy that we got a cute funny litle piggy with Dawn (yes I am gonna play this as long as I can to gloat to all the Takeshi/Urimooers out there). Also we can call Gliscor Glompscor. XD

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Yay Akio answer time!
    @Jorah:
    Was Gligar scared of Ash? When he hide behind Gary, I mean?
    A: Yeah, because he thought Satoshi was mad at him for losing horribly to Buizel...heck he started bowing before Buizel...now that she evolved...I can see Bui Bui bowing before her.

Why wouldn't Ash let Gligar have the Razor Fang? I know it'll make him evolve, but why doesn't he want him to?
    A: He wouldn't let him have the Razor Fang till he was ready to evolve. Satoshi didn't think she was ready due to her age and lack of experience.

Oh and ShoPro is a sponser of Pokemon Japan.
    The actual reason... Gligar was afraid that Ash was still mad at it and especially after getting scolded twice, I'm not surprised. Besides, Gligar's extremely sensitive, as you can tell.

The second one, well, you got the first reason down (not ready yet), but also the fact that Gligar cannot evolve in the day whilst holding the Razor Fang. Gligar was a bit too eager there.

Hoshi

just myself....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2015
    Things I thought of while watching D/P 85 {spoiler warning}

I attached a pair of screens form the new D/P 85. I thought of those witty captions as I was watching the episode.

Moderator edit: don't create duplicate thread of the same topic (in this case DP085) ~ Unown_ ~

Last edited by a moderator:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • It was implied on both facets on both points, should I have gone into super detail. XD

Back