• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dragonite & charizard

Years
  • i just noticed. dragonite is totally the cute & rare version of charizard! i cant believe i didnt see the likenesses between them before.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    they are very similar but yet very different all together...

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • I did.
    Every time somebody calls a dragon like creature Charizard it looks more like Dragonite I do.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I don't think they look that similar. Charizard had a reptilian hide, whereas Dragonite's belly has large scales. Their colours are completely different. Dragonite has feelers instead of horns. Charizard has a flame on its tail. Dragonite has much smaller wings (as in, it shouldn't be able to fly).

and regarding the OPs post, Charizard are theoretically more rare, as you'd need to trade to get more than one, whereas there are an unlimited amount of dratini (and therefore dragonite) in a single game.

oh and, just before someone else mentions it, Charizard is NOT a Dragon type. It's fire/flying, so get it right.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • They are two Pokemon that are dragons and stand up on their hind legs. Most dragon Pokemon have their kind of structure.

Eltono Burn

I Love Cats!
    Years
  • They both look like dragon and has orange hide of skin. But the truth is, Dragonite is more fatter and Charizard looks more angrier.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Yeah, they are pretty alike and different right! Charizard looks carnivorous, as does Dragonite, but at the same time, they look really...not cute, but cool XD

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Dragonite is Powerful I think it's typically Harder to Raise from a Dratini stage. However They do have some similarities

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    They're both bipedal dragons with stereotypical traits, apart from that they're noting alike.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I've honestly never noticed before XD
    They're both of an orangey colour, with Charizard being tinted more red and Dragonite paler. they both have small wings.
    Finally, they both resemble dragons. :)

The only differences I can think of is the type differences, Charizard looking more vicious and Dragonite has lines on his chest. Oh, and Dragonite has antenae like things and Charizard has horns. :3

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I never liked Dragonite, I think it looks a bit dumb and fat. >_>

I'm surprised nobody comments on Magikarp like that anymore. Play the games, kid.

Anyways, yes, it is notable that Dragonite and Charizard are very alike. And like it was said, Dragonite is a Autistic version of Charizard...

But I would also like to add DragonForce is a more epic thing than both of them combine :D.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • What does a dragon with feelers have to do with Charizard seriously

The main differance is one is alot nicer than the other

and also the attack types are differant all together

Back