• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonite or Salamence?

Dragonite or Salamence?

• Total voters

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Dragonite. Salamence is pretty awesome too, but he seems so plain and I don't like his colors. Dragonite is also kind of plain, but he's cute and I love his colors. Also, he's kind of the original Dragon. So yeah, Dragonite all the way.

Man, this topic has been discussed to death down at the Dragon's Den ;)

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    Dragonite, mainly because its powerful yet still looks peaceful for the most part. While I have own3d both, Salamence seems better but I prefer Dragonite for its bettter survivabilty. Dragonite is still a relatively powerful pokemon and if u ask me it out classes Salamence with Dragon Dance, even if it can learn it by breeding.

Anyone notice that Salamnce can learn Hydro Pump O_O

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Dragonite, I used in Gold; Salamence in Ruby. Both are awesome. But I think Dragonite surpasses Salamence for me, in terms of favoritism. But I'm going to go with both, since you were so kind to add that option.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Dragonite for the win! It's cute, and blow the house down on a lot of Pokemon. (It can use Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf, Outrage, Earthquake, Blizzard, Fire Blast, Thunder- if in the right hands it can mow down quite a few Pokemon. Besides, Salamence can't use Ice Beam or Thunderbolt. And I don't like it's design too much anyway.)

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    This is a pretty hard choice for me. I never used both Dragonite or Salamence but I always wanted to use them. Dragonite has always been my favorite Dragon Pokemon back in the day and I always enjoyed the design much more then Salamence. They both have pretty good status too which make it a bit harder to choose. I'll have to go with Dragonite on this one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    I'll go with Dragonite, i loved the design of Dragonite and because i'm a old gen player =P

Last edited:

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
    I was never too keen on Dragonite. It isn't bad, but I just find it...not so attractive. Salamence is super awesome looking, to me.

But I'm not saying I hate Dragonite. I have fond memories of finally destroying Lance's. XD

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
    Not too sure, Salamence's design is more stronger looking, but for nostalgic reasons and for the fact that something as cheerful looking as Dragonite could whoop your team id go with the original Dragon.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I am going to go with Salamence on this one, although I love them both. Dragonite is just a completely and utterly random pokemon evolution from Dragonair... Seriously, as much as I love that evo line, it was so uncalled for imo. A fairy worm evolving into a big tubby friendly Dragon? XD Salamence is more aggressive looking, and Shelgon is the random evolution there. They both have screwed up evo lines, but I love them both anyway <3

EDIT: I didn't see the 'both; it was too close' option. *facepalm*

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Dragonite, he was always the embodiment of power, in the anime and in the games. The whole Dratini line is filled with such awesome, it shall never be surpassed.

Back