• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon's Den V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

salochin

Dragon Master
Years
  • Don't have to answer them all but hey, I love dragons, it's worth the time. :3

Favorite Dragons?
    Definatley Charizard and Salamence, Both are those fire breathing huggable brand of scaly awesome. That and they are impossible to lose with if used right.
    Should Garchomp be Uber? Garchomp should be the same as Salamence and Dragonite, while it is powerful in almost every stat, they aren't legendary godly and it gets stab for earthquake, but any dragon gets stab for outrage which is a greater attack power move and it doesn't miss (well it can but what I mean is earthquake can be avoided by flying, outrage can't). And to take advantage of it's sandstorm miss ability (sandveil) you'd need to take one of it's moves away or set it up with someone else, throw in the fact you'll need sword dance for a good sweeper and that leaves you with two moves. It can be an uber but that can be said for other OU's like Salamence (attack sweep or even with an elemental move set).
    Lance or Clair? Lance, Clair is too headstrong and she reaks of jealousy in Soul Silver (she disputes the main character from actually getting the gym badge despite having lost). In the anime I'd say 50/50, but in the games Lance all the way.
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Charizard, The black scales make him look even more epic.
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form. Origin form, nuff said.
    Which Pokemon Movie do you like the best? Numbers One and two. I've seen both enough times in the theatres to have all the four specialty cards from the first and 3 of the ancient mew cards from the second. Ah the simple times....
    What is your favourite moment from the original dragons den? The entire dragon den, It's a pretty interesting place and it was fun to go to. Also any place devoted entirely to dragons is epic win.
    Whats your Dragon Team? Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence, Tyranitar, Magnezone and Lanturn.
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? Definatley, from the game aspect Tyranitar utilizes a large movepool and is powerful in all stats. And as far as looks go, Tyranitar may not have wings but looks like a dragon nonetheless.
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Giratina, ghost and dragon, not only shall he destroy you physically but in your nightmares as well.

Hope that wasn't too short.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Don't have to answer them all but hey, I love dragons, it's worth the time. :3

Favorite Dragons?
    Definatley Charizard and Salamence, Both are those fire breathing huggable brand of scaly awesome. That and they are impossible to lose with if used right.
    Should Garchomp be Uber? Garchomp should be the same as Salamence and Dragonite, while it is powerful in almost every stat, they aren't legendary godly and it gets stab for earthquake, but any dragon gets stab for outrage which is a greater attack power move and it doesn't miss (well it can but what I mean is earthquake can be avoided by flying, outrage can't). And to take advantage of it's sandstorm miss ability (sandveil) you'd need to take one of it's moves away or set it up with someone else, throw in the fact you'll need sword dance for a good sweeper and that leaves you with two moves. It can be an uber but that can be said for other OU's like Salamence (attack sweep or even with an elemental move set).
    Lance or Clair? Lance, Clair is too headstrong and she reaks of jealousy in Soul Silver (she disputes the main character from actually getting the gym badge despite having lost). In the anime I'd say 50/50, but in the games Lance all the way.
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Charizard, The black scales make him look even more epic.
    Which Pokemon Movie do you like the best? Numbers One and two. I've seen both enough times in the theatres to have all the four specialty cards from the first and 3 of the ancient mew cards from the second. Ah the simple times....
    What is your favourite moment from the original dragons den? The entire dragon den, It's a pretty interesting place and it was fun to go to. Also any place devoted entirely to dragons is epic win.
    Whats your Dragon Team? Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence, Tyranitar, Magnezone and Lanturn.
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? Definatley, from the game aspect Tyranitar utilizes a large movepool and is powerful in all stats. And as far as looks go, Tyranitar may not have wings but looks like a dragon nonetheless.
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Giratina, ghost and dragon, not only shall he destroy you physically but in your nightmares as well.

Well it looks good to me! Welcome, salochin!

salochin

Dragon Master
    Years
  • Thanks for adding me! And about Lapras being a dragon, Lapras always looked more like a dinosaur to me, but I can also see how it could look like a dragon, although definitely more dragon-like than Altaria.

Silhouette

Years
  • Thanks for adding me!

Yup, we'll just get Shadow to add you down.

And about Lapras being a dragon, Lapras always looked more like a dinosaur to me, but I can also see how it could look like a dragon, although definitely more dragon-like than Altaria.
    I know what ya mean.

AND I just thought of a decent topic:

Could a non-dragon type Pokemon be considered a dragon if it can learn dragon type moves?

I'm saying this because we've had a lot of controversy about it.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years

Favorite Dragons? Definatley Charizard and Salamence, Both are those fire breathing huggable brand of scaly awesome. That and they are impossible to lose with if used right.

Welcome Salochin! Hope you have a great time here! ^_^

Yup, we'll just get Shadow to add you down.

I know what ya mean.

AND I just thought of a decent topic:

Could a non-dragon type Pokemon be considered a dragon if it can learn dragon type moves?

I'm saying this because we've had a lot of controversy about it.

I think it depends, because when you said that Pigeot might be a dragon because it knows some dragon moves, I didn't think so. XD I might consider it when the pokemon looks like a dragon too. Although I can't think of any examples at the moment right now... =P

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Could a non-dragon type Pokemon be considered a dragon if it can learn dragon type moves?

A: No. It's like saying a cat can learn what a dog can do(I mean tricks, not instinct). Dragon TM's are acquired skills, not hereditary, but naturally learned ones are. But it's not enough to prove that it's a pure dragon.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Could a non-dragon type Pokemon be considered a dragon if it can learn dragon type moves?
    Not necessarily, but if it fits the standards of a dragon then it should be considered.

salochin

Dragon Master
    Years

A: No. It's like saying a cat can learn what a dog can do(I mean tricks, not instinct). Dragon TM's are acquired skills, not hereditary, but naturally learned ones are. But it's not enough to prove that it's a pure dragon.

I agree with you, that'd also be saying that since Charizard can learn earthquake it should be a ground type. I say it should be decided on the egg group~

Silhouette

Years
  • I agree with you, that'd also be saying that since Charizard can learn earthquake it should be a ground type. I say it should be decided on the egg group~

Okay, so egg groups. Does this mean that Arbok and Seviper are Dragons because they are in the dragon egg group?

(Making discussion here, not bashing ya. :P)

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Topic: This group only accepts those that are of the Dragon type or those that have the attributes of one. So really, unless it's like a dragon also, it shouldn't be considered a dragon.

salochin

Dragon Master
    Years

• Okay, so egg groups. Does this mean that Arbok and Seviper are Dragons because they are in the dragon egg group?

(Making discussion here, not bashing ya. :P)

I'd could consider them both Dragons, Arbok kinda does look like a dragon (like the mayan snake/dragon, forgot the name T.T). Although it can't learn any dragon moves, hmm...it's half and half?

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • I'd could consider them both Dragons, Arbok kinda does look like a dragon (like the mayan snake/dragon, forgot the name T.T). Although it can't learn any dragon moves, hmm...it's half and half?

I'm gonna have to disagree... Alot. Arbok is a frikkin king cobra. That's what it always has been. It doesn't really look like a dragon at all.

Ok, don't know the Mayan dragons name, but I do know the Aztec: quetzycoatl (don't know about how to spell it, so I guessed)

Last edited:

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I don't feel like Arbok is a dragon either. To me it should resemble a dragon of some sort and be able to relate to one as well.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Well, be off a few days but i'm back, i think that Lapras definitly isn't a dragon (altough it looks a lot to dragonite) because seems more like a dinosaur. The next question well, i think that a dragon has certain characteristics that not all Pokemon can have (even when they have dragon's egg group). And i'm from mexico and the name of the god is Quetzalcoatl and if any pokemon has a similitude with this azteca's god is Rayquaza n_n.

salochin

Dragon Master
    Years
  • :3 Point taken then, so a pokemon has to look like a dragon and learn dragon moves. Anyways, what kind of dragon pokemon do you guys think will be in the fifth generation then?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back