• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Draw me a Winter Wonderland! [NYE THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Banner by Host ; Anastasia.R || CSS coding by Co-host; Inkpuddle

[alink id=intro]Introduction[/alink id] | [alink id=rules]Rules[/alink id] | [alink id=entries]Entries[/alink id] | [alink id=emblems]Emblems[/alink id] |[alink id=judges]Judges[/alink id]

[a id]intro[/a id]

Welcome!

...to Draw Me a Winter Wonderland! This event is for those who wish to ring in the New Year with artwork inspired by the winter season. Anyone is welcome to enter, so break out your pencils and plug in your tablets for a bit of creative holiday cheer!

[a id]rules[/a id]

Rules

The rules for this event are very simple. We will accept any and all works of art so long as they adhere to the following criteria:

The artwork is 100% your own. Can't stress this enough! Steal, or submit work that is NOT YOURS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
    Its central theme is something related to the winter season, such as the holidays, New Year's, etc. Even a simple snowy landscape would be sufficient.
    It's a valid work of art. Sorry, but this means no graphic design, pixel art, or anything of the sort. By 'Graphics', we do not mean digital painting, so keep that in mind, please.
    SUBMIT NEW WORK, NOT OLD WORK YOU ALREADY MADE​

As always, you should also take care to follow PC's forum-wide rules. ^^

[a id]entries[/a id]

Entries

Kura
    Meganium90
    jira-chan
    PKMN Trainer Alison
    AngelXavier
    Destiny Demon
    TwilightBlade
    HackDeoxys
    MysticFlames
    Bluerang1
    aragornbird

Example to submit work;
    Member name: ____
    Image/ Link of image/ Spoiler with image: ______
    Explain how it fits the theme: ________

[a id]emblems[/a id]

Emblems

Made by Anastasia.R

[a id]judges[/a id]

Judges

Anastasia.R
    Inkpuddle
    Signomi

DEADLINE ---- Jan 1st

Now, enjoy the event, have fun, AND LETS SEE SOME ART!

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    A few questions but,

• When's the deadline?
    • What do you consider to be old art? I mean, I have a digital painting which I did this month, but not for this contest specifically.
    With that said, expect an entry if I'm not too busy this New Years. ;D
    Was too busy to prepare anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    A few questions but,

• When's the deadline?
    • What do you consider to be old art? I mean, I have a digital painting which I did this month, but not for this contest specifically.
    With that said, expect an entry if I'm not too busy this New Years. ;D

What I mean by old art was art you already made. Sorry if it's not clear. =x

And 31st, everyone! *forgot to edit thread for deadline*

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    My dad's birthday is right after the turn of the New Year.. so I was wondering that, if I couldn't submit the piece I did for him that's kinda festive as part of an entry, if I could just show it off here anyways since I'll be doing it in the timeframe while this whole extravaganza is going on.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Count me in! Even though my drawing skills are... ehhh, I'll try my best. I'll scan my drawing and edit this post tomorrow with my submission. :)

EDIT: Here's my drawing. I drew mine in paper last night and decided to try it out in Paint.NET.

Username: Meganium90
    Entry:
    Spoiler:

Explain how it fits the theme: Well, since Christmas is over, I decided to do a simple snowy landscape. I drew a snow-piled tree, an icy lake, and a happy snowman who's enjoying every moment of winter while it lasts.

Good luck to the rest of you who plans to enter! And great drawing, Kura!

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Well I was going to add snowflakes to the background of mine :C But then it ended up looking way too cluttered..
    So I took them out.. and now all the winter-y-ness was taken out of it, too. I guess it doesn't count for the competition but I figured I might as well post it anyways..

Member name: Kura
    Image/ Link of image/ Spoiler with image:
    Spoiler:

Explain how it fits the theme: I did this picture for my dad's birthday which is January 1st.. so I thought that since I was doing this picture in the timeframe of PC's competition, I might as well show it off. :3 Although I know I could've been much more christmasy with it, I kinda wanted to be a bit more subtle with it.. and draw inspiration for ice with the dress and "icing" for the cake <3

Last edited:
    Years
    Kura, you did a great job, and it's accepted, since it related to New Years.

As for the questions: Yes it can be Pokemon related, JUST REMEMBER TO STICK TO THE THEME!
    And your picture can be in color or black and white.

EDIT;;; REMEMBER TO USE THE EXAMPLE OF HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK!​

Years
    Wait I'm confused. Does the art have to be a drawing made by pencil?

.-. I said it could be digital art as well, like digital painting and stuff. Some people use mouses or tablets to draw.

Also, no Bluerang1, it needs to be totally new. Inkpuddle and I discussed if the deadline is too soon, we'd make the deadline on the 1st. Who wants another day to work?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I want an extra day pleeeease!
    Also, can we mixed media it? Like start in pencil, scan then add tablet?

PKMN Trainer Alison

I'll follow you into the dark.
    Years
    Member name: PKMN Trainer Alison (Photobucket - EmberDaDragon)
    Image/ Link of image/ Spoiler with image:
    Spoiler:

Explain how it fits the theme: Snowman - Winter - Christmas... Yeah, you get it. :)

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Great entries so far! PC is certainly blessed with a variety of talented members. That being said, I'm just a little disappointed in the size of the turnout. It isn't every day we get to celebrate the end of another fabulous year, so what reason is there not to enter? (:

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I Think i'll see what I can come up with tonight.

Count me in.

EDIT:It's all done, i just need to link it up in the morning.

Last edited:

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    Oh wheeew, I totally needed that extra day. I was sitting here furiously trying to finish mine because I won't have much time tomorrow... and I'm paranoid anyway because I'm nearly in the last timezone, so what's the "1st" for me, might not technically be the "1st" for most others. DX (Like what if I finished at 9 PM here? That'd be midnight on the east coast =[)

So... yeah. Yay for deadline extension. Mine's kindasorta almost done. I'll probably submit it tomorrow.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Member name: AngelXavier
    Image/ Link of image/ Spoiler with image: I'll post the link since it's a little tall. https://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4272/tabunne.jpg
    Explain how it fits the theme: Well, I did Tsunbeaa from B/W and I had him stand on a frozen river. For a lack of back round I attempted at a dead tree, and I put the sun in since in Baltimore Maryland two days ago, we had 60 degree weather.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Decided to draw something for the event. ^_^;

Member Name:
    Destiny Demon
    Image / Link of Image/ Spoiler with Image:
    Spoiler:
    https://i53.tinypic.com/27y1g5u.jpg
    Explain how it fits with the theme: Well, it's an ice Pokemon; Froslass, in a winter wonderland. A dead tree during winter, snowflakes falling down in the snowy hills, and an igloo. Hope you enjoy it and such.~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back