• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dream World: Worth the wait? [ #29 ]

Worth waiting for?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Was the Dream World worth the wait?

Many of you have only just experienced the Dream World for the first time (it was released recently). As you may have known, the waiting period for the Dream World was about a month after the English release due to complications in Japan.

What I'm wondering is whether you think it was something worth waiting for / being excited about and whether it was as good as you thought it would be. Remember that we do have a Dream World Discussion thread for discussion of the DW, but this thread is just asking whether you think it was worth waiting for ^_____^
    Dream World: Worth the wait? [ #29 ]
    Dream World: Worth the wait? [ #29 ]

- Black and White Moderation Team.

If you have any ideas, let us know! We may not use them straight away, but we will eventually. :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Definitely not as good as I thought, but still interesting. While the abilities interested me a lot at first, when I started looking at every Pokemon's DW abilities, I realized a lot of them are just as useless as regular abilities. Also, I expected to be able to catch every Pokemon ever in there, and while that might be true in the long run if I'm around for every event, I'm still going to be woefully short until then.

But despite it falling short of my expectations, it's still a little diversion that is pretty fun to play around with. :3

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
  • I absolutely LOVE the dream world! :) i just love the cuteness and the idea of being in your pokemons dream with it and i love customizing the house and growing berries and not to mention the isle of dreams!:)

All in all i think the dream world is a great feature of Black and White :)

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Giving a warm welcome to the Dream World and all of Pokemon Global Link here.

Whether it was worth the wait... I'd imagine that it would be after I give it some time. So far though, I'm a little anxious and hoping that the world isn't a disappointment to me. So I guess that's an average, hoping to lean towards an awesome, but worried it'll just fall back to a lame gimmick.

It's really cute and charming, and I really love the further interactivity I can have with my Pokemon, but I'm hoping that I won't be bogged down too much by the limitations. I've yet to learn all the tricks around the Dream World though, but seeing some of its limitations (e.g. I can't return to the Dream Bridge once a Pokemon is on my Friend Board, 50 Dream World Pokemon limit (Temporary limit, maybe?), etc.) made me a bit upset.

Oh well. I really loved moving my Escavalier around the forest. <3

Years
  • I LOVE the dream world XD I'm now addicted to it, and at least Fennel wasn't in troll mode when I came. I got a whole lot of new pokemon like Kangaskhan with drain punch, a shinx with night slash, and a pokemon with harvest! It was REALLY worth the wait I must say XD.

Mudkiip

i l u v m u d k i p < 3
    Years
  • I actually never heard of the Dream World. I would like to see it, so I'll wait.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Took me long enough to actually get into the Dream World... and I think it was worth it. I'm getting what I needed off it! And everything went smoothly for me. No glitches, no error messages, no lag, no nothing. The only thing is the initial load is rather long. After that, everything is blazingly fast!

I think I'm going to enjoy this. A lot.

Years
  • I'd definitely say it was worth the wait, I have a lot of fun in the Dream World. :)

What I don't like, however, is the fact that we would need to wait 24 hours to play again.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    i love the dream world but... the WAITING is killing me!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo tedious to actually make it in....and when you do you're all like "Well sh- what do i do now?"

I ended up with a shinx......i don't care much for a luxray. I'm gonna have to keep trying until I get a pokemon worth training for the meta-game~

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Meh. Doesnt sound too interesting to myself, but I think the idea in and of itself is pretty intreguing. The ability to sort of "play" with you pokemon in its dreams and st00f, probably sounds interesting to a lot of people. But in the games of Pokemon, was never really interested in the side things you could do, like those little minigames and things. Except maybe that berry mixer thing..that was fun ;/. Havent tried DW yet, perhaps in the near future I wont be able to tone down my curiosity and just try it, it seems amusing enough of a prospect. Probably show it to my little brother and let him play around with it for awhile ^_^.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It's alright, but I am not overly impressed. Woo hoo main games to obtain special pokemon yeah fun fun. I guess its an improved Wifi Plaza and you get a pokemon out of it. I would much rather have other features like FOLLOW ME!

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • I do think it's a nice feature to put in a pokemon game, the 24 hour wait is annoying, and so is the 1 hour time limit in the DW. ;A;

Years
  • Its a really interesting feature that I think is a step in the right direction. Hopefully they will continue to improve it as time goes by. But overall i really like the pokemon gl

falconpunch94

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • I love it! It kept telling me it had to recharge for three days, I then realised it was because I was sitching between my 3DS and DS Lite, not sure why that makes a differnce, but still... And also I hate Eeveelution mini game, I can't get past the 2nd level D:

Back