• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drinking?

PB.

'PB
Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Smarties, I hope you wouldnt drink alcohol, If you are really 10.

I don't drink, I've never ever tried acohol because it can effect your life and to be honest its not worth it.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Tch, yeah I do <_<

I'm 15, but no one in my family really cares what i do. I'm not one of those people who stays at home and drinks to fight off like, depression or anything like that, but if I'm hanging out with friends who are doing it, I'll usually fall into what they're doing. Beer smells like..a cross between terpentine and piss, so I won't argue with how it smells; i prefer to fruity girl drinks 8D

People tend to tell me I act more intellectual while intoxicated o_O

I'm glad he admits it, that's very refreshing.

Me, I don't drink, just cause it doesn't suit me much. I'm not going to rant on the dangers it imposes, nor am I going to say "Never had, never did, it poisons, so I never will", because most of the people that have said that are -14, who shouldn't be drinking anyway. Not that it's bad, that's how it should be. I'm glad to see so many educated youth.

But as I said, & Lady Nicole said, can't knock it if you haven't tried it. I have tried drinking before, but I didn't care for it. Just something I don't really feel like doing. My friends are more, "outgoing", while I'd rather stay inside & play the Wii or something. On cold days, while they go & frolic in the snow, my arse is sleeping in bed. Same thing on beautiful sunny days. I sleep good then.

So while they enjoy the occasional drink, I would refuse, & we could still have a good time.

Granted, there are different levels of drinking. The occasional drink, the heavy drinker, the binge drinker, & Warheart.

Remember children, one drink, & you could become a WARHEART! Scary, huh?

Years
  • It's sad how misinformed some people are. I agree with people who do not like to drink it by taste, however, I disagree with those who deem alcohol itself as pure poison.

Drinking alcohol moderately and with responsibility is healthy.

Drinking alcohol in excess is not.

Likewise, drinking water in excess is not healthy either.

So what's the point? Alcohol itself is not bad by default. Only if you drink it recklessly.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    I drink on occasions, I guess you can call them celebrations like New Years B-Day ect..

I actually hear theres a new law that alouds kids to drink as long as their parent gives them the drink and is on their property.

sims796

Years
  • Oni, it's the same thing with guns. Guns aren't deadly, idiots are. Take the gun away, an idiot can STILL kill you without it.

Smarties kinda hit the nail with his post. That post he quoted was one of the most pathetic thing I have ever seen, and what is the problem with many drinkers. It is the prime example of drinking recklessly.

I had to take a three [consecutive] hour seminar on drinking, followed up by a quiz, justr last month. It was excrutatingly boring.

Regardless, I learned SO MUCH on drinking.

As Oni said, in moderation, there is no problem whatsoever. Even in public assotiations, such as clubs. However, while it isn't pure poison, it isn't exactly good for the body. Too much at a time can indeed "poison" you, as it gets in your bloodstream. Hence why your body reacts so poorly to it, what with the heavy vomiting my alcoholic of a roomate did last week, followed by dizziness, & passing out on the bed.

However, that is a prime example of 'too much at once', which is pretty much binge drinking. That is deadly, more than water (speaking as a person who fears drowning as a death).

But, im moderation, such as the occasional drink every now & then, it can honestly be pretty dang healthy. It is able to prevent certain cancers, believe it or not. I don't remember which ones, but it's there.

Also, it's been said here that drinking doesn't make you aggresive. That's not entirely true. Drinking can indeed make a person aggressive. My friend is usually calm, but can get violent while drunk. The jerk. Still, it is true that it does indeed "make agressive people stupid". That is a golden post, & one of the funniest I've ever seen.

So as said, drinking RESPONSIBLY isn't wroong at all. Especially when you drink while informed. The real danger is binge drinking, or even worst, the Warheart drinking.

Also, Oni, you shouldn't really critisize the people who are less informed. Frankly, I am quite pleased to see so many negative post on drinking. Especially since most of the people are young, & shouldn't even be drinking. Like a kid & a stove. Once the kid gets burrned, He will be wary of the stove for a good while. However, as he gets older, he will learn that the stove isn't dangerous. Eventually, he learns that he NEEDS the stove to survive.

At this age, this is the ideal views that they should have on drinking. When they get older, they will learn that drinking isn't as dangerous as percieved

Loquacity is a perfect example. While young, he knew that alcohol was bad for him. He avoided it as the plauge. However, as he got older, he learned that it wasn't all too bad.

Last edited:

ultradarkrai

treeco tre
    Years
  • Let's see...

I used to have VERY low alcohol tolerance like three years back. Three summers ago, I got DRUNK off the sauce in Spaghetti Bolognaise cuz there was a bit of wine in it and the alcohol content was supposed to have evaporated while being cooked. It ended up w/my mom suggesting I go and splash cold water on my face but when I went downstairs to the bathroom, I tripped over the staircase and everybody saw my undies (note: was in a mini-skirt). VERY humiliating!

lol getting drunk off spaghetti one i had steak in wine sauce or something but i didnt get drunk

Years
  • Also, Oni, you shouldn't really critisize the people who are less informed. Frankly, I am quite pleased to see so many negative post on drinking. Especially since most of the people are young, & shouldn't even be drinking. Like a kid & a stove. Once the kid gets burrned, He will be wary of the stove for a good while. However, as he gets older, he will learn that the stove isn't dangerous. Eventually, he learns that he NEEDS the stove to survive.

That's actually a really good point, sims-- but sometimes even effective, ignorance is not the best way to form a conscience on topics such as drinking.

Mainly I was uncomfortable seeing comments from people that made alcohol itself seem bad from every perspective, when it isn't. I didn't defend alcohol because I seldom enjoy it, I was merely hoping to make a point when saying that responsible drinking brings health in the long run.

sims796

Years
  • That's actually a really good point, sims-- but sometimes even effective, ignorance is not the best way to form a conscience on topics such as drinking.

Mainly I was uncomfortable seeing comments from people that made alcohol itself seem bad from every perspective, when it isn't. I didn't defend alcohol because I seldom enjoy it, I was merely hoping to make a point when saying that responsible drinking brings health in the long run.

Oh, don't think that I was ever saying that you were wrong for saying that. Not one bit, as you are absolutely right. Ignorance is not a way to form an opinion, especially those "never ever ever ever EVER!!!" opinions. And, as I stated, it does indeed bring along it's heath benifits.

You are also right in saying that it isn't as horrid as it seems. But hey--that's the views many kids will have on drinking, at least until [junior] high school. Those who say "Never did, NEVER WILL!!!!" are jumping the bucket, as Loquacity (he is just a great example) said those exact same things in his post, but also said that he learned different.

We all learn that lesson at some point into maturity.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
  • I studied the effects of alchohol on the human body in Psychology class during my Senior year. Alchohol is a depressant that is only harmless when taken in small doses. It's basically what Oni Pichu and Sims said in the last two posts. It's all about Maturity. Yes, the legal drinking age is 21, yes, It doesn't fare well with a lot of still developing tastebuds, but the fact of the matter is that the way society is nowadays people will be able to get in contact with things such as alchohol no matter what the circumstances are if they put enough effort into it. A lot of younger kids, and even a lot of adults, don't know when enough is enough. I think an appropriate word for this is "willpower". If one's able to drink a few beers or whatever and then just quit for the night, then more power to them. Once one feels the sensations of the alchohol (commonly reffered to as a "buzz"), It gets harder for them to quit. Now keep in mind that Alchohol is a depressant. Once one gets the "buzz", the alchohol's kicked in, doing what it does. Calming, Sedating. Depressing the mind and body. This causes people to think irrational thoughts. Once one has consumed enough alchohol to the state of being drunk, they have depressed their mind so much that the only thing they act on is instinct. (fun fact, once someone gets drunk, they act their genuine self) Then of course there's the aftermath (hangovers), not to mention there is such a thing as alchohol poisoning.

In short, Alchohol is a luxery. We really don't need it. And those of use who do drink alchohol have to remember the consequences that come with overdrinking.

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    I prob get hammered like a few times a month. Sometimes I just get sad so I drink, its stupid because I dont even drink socially just when I feel really bad. I know it seems extreme but once my brother deleted my pokemon file and I went into our downstairs bathroom and drank almost an entire bottle of my Dads alchohol. I was sick and threw up but didnt dare to tell anyone. I would never admit to that if this werent an anonymous internet forum.

I drink socially, but I never got "hammered".
    Why? because it's stupid and funny sometimes..
    Once my friend got drunk and she started calling her mum. Next thing you know, she thinks I'm her mum.
    It was funny and scary at the same time (her parents were home XD hehe)

I don't know why y'all are talking about smoking but I'll go with the flow.
    I think every person that smokes is a disgusting pig. Enough said :P

I smoke sometimes, not because its cool but because I like how relaxing it makes people look when I see them do it I like the image of a relaxed attitude being able to share an activity and just kick back with friends. I dont like being called a disgusting pig, also my grandmother smoked. Just saying be careful what you wish for? Thanks,

Badger

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    On the subject of drinking, smokes, drugs etc. If drugs are banned why arent Ciggarettes?
    The government makes a lot of money from the high tax on tobacco.

I like a few alcoholic drinks, but I'm currently underage for my country. Regardless, I'd not drink in excess. I think Dr. Pepper tastes nicer anyway.

... Here's a choice for thought, do I go for no teeth (Dr. Pepper) or no liver (WKD)? Lol.

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    It's sad how misinformed some people are. I agree with people who do not like to drink it by taste, however, I disagree with those who deem alcohol itself as pure poison.

Drinking alcohol moderately and with responsibility is healthy.

Drinking alcohol in excess is not.

Likewise, drinking water in excess is not healthy either.

So what's the point? Alcohol itself is not bad by default. Only if you drink it recklessly.

Any amount of alcohol isn't good. If you keep drinking samll bits of it here and there you can get addicted and drink even more. In my opinion the only thing alcohol is good for it like those alcohol wipes and stuff. It also is good for Beer Bread, Yum:P.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Oh, stop trying to make people drink.
    Drinking and getting 'hammered' is pathetic and you freakin' know it.
    You're 13, one can would probably knock you off your rocker. Come back when you know what you're talking about and you know, have some experience in drinking.

I constantly drink Ale, love the stuff, especially Hobgoblin.
    I don't get hammered much anymore, I used to though, all the time.

Whoever said smokers are dirty pigs better put me in a sty then.
    You know, it's not as if we're some form of leper, just because we enjoy the odd smoke. Besides, some of us can't ever quit.

Years
  • Never drank, smoked, done any illegal drugs.
    Don't find a need to. It's stupid.
    No need to poison myself.
    lol

Vodka ftw ;3 I'm not a big drinker, I prefer my illegal drugs. But when I do drink Vodka is my drink of choice. That and Bacardi breezers. The Pink ones are the best!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    For instance:
    - It's addictive
    - It makes you do stuff you don't want to do
    - It causes traffic accidents
    - It makes people agressive
    - It costs money
    Lies. It's not addictive if you have any will power at all. People just become dependant on the good feelings. That's like claiming that jogging is bad because some people are adicted to that.

I've never done anything I don't want to under the influence.

So does driving in the rain, fog, driving fast, being on your cel whilst driving etc.

I've never met an angry drunk who wasn;t angry before

Doesen';t everything cost money now?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I once drank so much my friend had to carry me home.
    That was probably the stupidest amount I've drank, but I';d had about 10 pints, half a litre of vodka, 2 bottles of cider, half a bottle of wine and some Baileys.

Never a good mix, surprised I didn;t get alcohol poisoning.

The funniest time, I had about 12 cans, and streaked through Bungay, but then my friend locked his door, Fox did not approve.

Back