• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drinking?

XxZer0xX

......................... Beep.
Years
  • Dude, I'm 14. I don't drink. And I don't plan on it since it's just like a lot of other addictions. Once you get into it, you can't get out of it for a while unless you have plenty of willpower.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • I'm a social drinker only. If me and a few of my friends plan a get-together or party, I have no issues with getting extremely drunk as long as I'm with people I trust. Otherwise I barely drink or not at all. Especially around people I don't know. I've learned a lot growing up, the hard way in most cases. lol XD

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I'm a social drinker only. If me and a few of my friends plan a get-together or party, I have no issues with getting extremely drunk as long as I'm with people I trust. Otherwise I barely drink or not at all. Especially around people I don't know. I've learned a lot growing up, the hard way in most cases. lol XD

You've bought upp the best point. These kids who say they will never drink, well, they'll learn as they get older.

Years
  • I used to drink ALOT. And I was into a remarkable amount of other foreign substances. I've been through rehab and I'm much better, its just hard to imagine why anyone would want to put themselves through what I struggled so hard to defeat.

Seriously, if you think of drinking, PM me and I'll share my stories. I guarantee you'll think twice. I'd just post one here, but I doubt their appropriate for public discussion.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I never drink. i have been offered it a lot of times. But I don't want to drink and turn out like my dad.

Years
  • I've been through rehab and I'm much better, its just hard to imagine why anyone would want to put themselves through what I struggled so hard to defeat.

Rehab??? At the age of 17, wouldn't parents or mates jump in and remind you what you're doing. If you've gone that far at that age...

I only ever, really drink with mates, or at like New Years but even when I do, I don't drink that much. It's just one of those things that you're going to eventually do, but you're just going to have to be able to control yourself.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I used to drink ALOT. And I was into a remarkable amount of other foreign substances. I've been through rehab and I'm much better, its just hard to imagine why anyone would want to put themselves through what I struggled so hard to defeat.

Seriously, if you think of drinking, PM me and I'll share my stories. I guarantee you'll think twice. I'd just post one here, but I doubt their appropriate for public discussion.
    Your experiences sound quite extreme to be honest, and I can only assume it is due to your own lack of responsibility. I don't mean to blame, but obviously if you aren't responsible and you abuse your body, then obviously bad things will happen. Likewise, if you take it slow and look after yourself (cause in the end, no one else will), you should be fine.

I drink occasionally at social gatherings, and I'm always responsible as well, only ever taking a few drinks throughout the evening, never getting myself plastered for the sake of a "good night" (though I sorta plan to on my 18th, cause I can 8D).

thethethethe, who said it's something that you're gonna have to "eventually" do? I don't think people actually care whether or not you drink, and if they do, well that's just immature.

Opacus

PIXELS
    Years
  • I won't be smokin, but the drinking age over here is very low at only 16. And I love beer, so I certainly be usin this freedom :)
    I don't get hammered often though. Takes alot to get me drunk anyway.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
  • I can't see myself getting drunk. For one, I don't like alcohol. Secondly, I don't like going out socially, especially when it's late (coz I love being at home at that time, plus it's usually freezing even in summer here). The only time I ever go into a pub is when my friend and I go to play pool.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • No one under 21 should be drinking(assuming you are under 21 because you are in a dorm)
    and telling kids to drink in moderation is just wrong because kids shouldn't even be drinking.

Point One: My roommate is 22 and he lives in a dorm. Perhaps I live in an area where the drinking age is 18. You don't know that. Don't make assumptions when you don't know the circumstances. Two, I'm not encouraging anyone to drink. I'm saying that if they decide to drink, it's best to do it in moderation. As I've said before, almost any in excess is bad for you (except for maybe painting or writing or things along those lines). So, yeah, I'm done with that. =P

Years
  • Your experiences sound quite extreme to be honest, and I can only assume it is due to your own lack of responsibility. I don't mean to blame, but obviously if you aren't responsible and you abuse your body, then obviously bad things will happen. Likewise, if you take it slow and look after yourself (cause in the end, no one else will), you should be fine.

I drink occasionally at social gatherings, and I'm always responsible as well, only ever taking a few drinks throughout the evening, never getting myself plastered for the sake of a "good night" (though I sorta plan to on my 18th, cause I can 8D).

thethethethe, who said it's something that you're gonna have to "eventually" do? I don't think people actually care whether or not you drink, and if they do, well that's just immature.
    Thats exactly it. My own lack of responsibility, and, well I hope I can deter people from getting too involved and out of control like I did.

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
  • I drink...and I get hammered...but on soda pop. D: Oh how terrible!

Nah, I've only had anything like that once when I had a sip of my step moms wine thingy....and I had a taste of beer before but didn't like it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Thats exactly it. My own lack of responsibility, and, well I hope I can deter people from getting too involved and out of control like I did.
    That's actually quite admirable of you, though I think trying to deter others (it sounds so forceful), is not the way to go. Rather, one should offer advice and guidance so that an informed decision can be made on their part.
    I drink...and I get hammered...but on soda pop. D: Oh how terrible!

Nah, I've only had anything like that once when I had a sip of my step moms wine thingy....and I had a taste of beer before but didn't like it.
    Well what do you expect, beer isn't nice XD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • That's one way to deter kids from drinking. My sister gave me a sip when I was eight. It was horrid. That drew me away from it.

I agree, i'm glad I got the wrong drink at a party, if I didnt I wouldnt know that Im allergic to alcohol, and what if I went out to a huge party when Im of age or drank a spiked drink. The results would not be pretty at all! I bearly could take that one sip, just imagine an entire spiked drink, makes me shiver.

So basically all of you saying you dont want to drink, dont let your friend or anyone for that maker get your drinks, get off your lazy bum, and get your own punch. ;)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I am completely straight edge :3

I will never take a sip of alcohol, a puff of a cigarette, or take a snort of any kind of drug. I am 100% clean <3

My main reason is because... I have a lot of problems in my life (the main one being evil reincarnated or aka Ocd :|) and I do not want any more problems heading my way x_x

*clean <3*

Years
  • That's actually quite admirable of you, though I think trying to deter others (it sounds so forceful), is not the way to go. Rather, one should offer advice and guidance so that an informed decision can be made on their part.
    The thing is, its so easy to turn one drink into... a lot. It can get out of hand easily.

One night, my first night drinking, I had one beer. then I thought, whats one more... so I had another one, then it turned into 3, 4, 5, 6... etc. I Just kept getting more, not realizing how much I'd already had. Trying to walk home was fun. At one point I must have started sprinting, fell face first into a telephone pole, breaking my nose and my wrist which had been pinned between the ground and my body when I fell. They found me the next day sleeping on my neighbors porch because my key didn't work

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I drink socially, and never in excess. I do not do it for the fact that it's alcohol, i do it as i enjoy the taste. Its slightly illegal (Im not 18 till may) but studies have shown children who are given tiny amounts when they are younger find it less of a temptation when they are older. I have been brought up in a household where drinking in moderation is enjoyed (Not by my 12 year old brother though, only a sip for him), and we are fine. I honestly believe its in the upbringing. A child whos parents are constantly hammered will think likewise, and mores the pity if they live in an enviroment where alcohol is widely available.

Theres my two-cents on the matter :)

Back