• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS Discussion Thread

Years
  • I have a gold Zelda-themed DS Lite that I bought at the department store where I work. I was originally planning on getting a red and black DS Lite, but on the day I was going to buy the DS, one of the employees in Home Entertainment informed me that they'd just gotten in a new DS Lite bundle. The bundle contained a gold DS Lite and the game LoZ: Phantom Hourglass. I wasn't too interested at first, but when I took a look at the DS for myself, I changed my mind in about two seconds (the employee hadn't mentioned anything about that awesome Triforce on the front of the DS).

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I have a DS lite black. It's so brand new! :D Well, to me it is. There hasn't been any major damage on it yet...

Years
  • I have the original gray DS fat. A hinge is loose, the touch screen sucks, and it's scratched up everywhere. But it still works, so it's awesome. I got it in CANADA (or was it Ohio?)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • My good old silver fattie. And I don't have any plans to change it unless it explodes or Nintendo starts releasing games for DSi only XD

6 years already, it's like another family member.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I have my old silver DS Phat from 2005. I got it with Sonic Rush for Christmas. x3
    Unfortunately, in June 2007 the hing broke...

So in July I got a new Blue-and-Black DSlite.
    It currently has a Sonic Chronicles skin on it. x3
    Though, the left hing is ever so slightly loose.. But, I think it'll last me at least one more year or so.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I have a dark Blue original DS that I've had since Christmas 2006.

Would like to have a DSi, but I don't see a need for one right now.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • DS Lite.

And there's no need to get a DSi. Because it can't play my GBA games, and I already have a PSP, which has internet connection. And a laptop, which is even better.

So yeah, gonna stick with my DS Lite all the way (b' ')b

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • The original phat silver DS which I think I got the Christmas after it came out. I originally wanted the blue variant which was bundled with Nintendogs but it was out of stock =(

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    The original phat silver DS which I think I got the Christmas after it came out. I originally wanted the blue variant which was bundled with Nintendogs but it was out of stock =(
    Yeah I have the fat silver DS too... I never got any of the thinner ones because I thought I might be able to get a PSP... Which still hasn't happened.

Years
  • Onyx Black DS Lite with no need to get a DSi (mainly no GBA play, entirely unnecessary at the moment and a tablet would be much better for me anyways). That and the DSi also has really poor battery life in comparison to the DS Lite. However, the DSi XL seems excellent in comparison with better battery life. And it looks like DSi exclusives are coming it. If Pokemon ever comes out exclusive I would have to switch.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Many many moons ago back when the first fat... plat DS came out I got it. I got the original launch day (second person on PC to post saying "I got one!"), didn't get a game until a year (really.... it was like a year) after I got my DS.

And then when Pokemon Diamond/Pearl came out I went out and got me an Onyx (Black) DSLite to go with that. I love my Lite, it's so black and nice....

So yea, I've got the DSPlat and the DSLite. I don't plan on getting a DSi or DSXXXXXXLLLLL.

Back