• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dumbest Insult for liking Pok?mon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
  • the_last_pok?montrainer said:
    people at school who used to like pok?mon, now says that its stupid and childish
    This is only THEIR retardness.
    Man, I know a PokemonFan that is studying in BATH UNIVERSITY!!
    One of UK's top 5 universities!

I also know another PokemonFan that's studying in Hong Kong Science UNIVERSITY! Again, a very good university!

So, say to the lil kid, "Hey, now you dare say Pokemon is childish? It had been YOU that are childish!"

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • Haha? once I get a roll of film and take a bunch of snapshots for use in the "Post your pictures" thread at DZone, I'll probably have some "good" ones for ya? I'll take a pic of the computer I'm on, set to PC. Hehehe? subtle? lol.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Huh? Porygon, who r u replying?
    Oh well...DragonBall!? What on earth!
    My cousins used to play DragonBall when they were in primary school, and now, they are in University! (The bigger one's even graduated! He's now a technician, works in Hong Kong.)
    USA is 10 years later than Hong Kong? What a joke!
    People hardly remember DragonBall in Hong Kong now! Come on, 10 years ago! Who would play that stuff?
    10 years ago -______-||||
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Ppl who think that Pokemon's immature is due to their own immature!
    They could never discover the mysteries of biological theories in Pokemon. They are too stupid to understand those theories!
    (Hey, I got A for Chemistry, Biology and Physics! You'd learn them all through Pokemon!)

katty

what's^?
    Years
  • i've never recieved any insults, my friends all respect me but they imformed me not to like pokemon at the most. i like pokemon becuase its a fun thing to do, cute little pets and powerful creatures, not some 5 year old playing barbie.

Daegon

Friend of all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    "go live in a gameboy-you ****"
    That's the insult I get from people.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • katty said:
    i've never recieved any insults, my friends all respect me but they imformed me not to like pokemon at the most. i like pokemon becuase its a fun thing to do, cute little pets and powerful creatures, not some 5 year old playing barbie.
    That's your won fortune.

My friends always make fun of me by putting their hands on their b0()p$!

And they found out that my boy friend is called Gengar, and they say they assume that Gengar is__________ and they put their hands on "man's place" and joked! (they r all girls, by the way)
    I hate 'em doing that!

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • I get called 'Pokemon Freak' about 5 times a day at school O_o XD. The pokemon is gay thing is old, too many people say that (it doenst even make sense how can a game or TV show or whatever be homo? its not even alive O_O) um sorry if that was too 'graphic' for anyone what I just said.

Angel of Chaos

Dead (I wish)
    Years
  • Yeah, I get stuff said to me all the time about it like the original "Pok?mon is gay! So you must be too!"
    And "pok?mon sucks" stuff.
    It has no effect on me but it really does quite annoying after a while.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Once I told my friends that, secondary schools are teaching English with Pokemon in Hong Kong(that'r true!!!!!!!!), then they say, "Awww! Its so gay!"

Its like,"Oi! How dare you say a country is gay, or a cartoon is gay! It's so 'racket'!"

racket's k=i, e=s

Jolty-kun

Years
  • Dragonball!?, my mums mate who is about 24 still watches it lol!,
    i havent really had any insults except people say pokemon is 4 babies but that's just the way to get me out of pokemon but it'll be a few years until i get out of it lol!

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • *sigh* at my school no one likes pokemon. they make really rude comments towards me...... i wont mention them since they are crude but they like using the name pikachu and using a different word and end it in chu

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • I have "friends" who still play the game I think, but I don't really know, a lot can change in a year.

I played my Ruby version at a bowling party, and nobody said anything, again, probably because I was brave enough to play it and not care. I never usually care what people think.

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
  • Junichi said:
    A dumbass called me a racist for likeing pokemon. They should get sude for that.
    How the heck could a person be racist for liking pokemon?! 0o;; That makes no sence whatsoever...

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
  • Soph said:
    (it doenst even make sense how can a game or TV show or whatever be homo? its not even alive O_O)
    lol reminds me of how my science teacher lectures us that inanimate objects cannot 'do' eachother whenever someone calls something 'gay'...sorry, waay offtopic X)

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • LMAO, that's why it's a "stupid insult". We have weird convos like that in science, that oftewn involve the word sperm.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
  • My Story...

Here's my story on my pokemon experience, I guess this was the wrong place to post something like this, but yeah...I also have some suggestions at the bottom :)

Well, I first heard about it in, oh, let's see...I think either second or third grade, when the cards were 'unleashed,' It seemed that pretty much everyone had them. Except me. I would ask if anybody had any extra cards that they didn't want...I just got rejected (everyone with cards over there and me with none over here...), and finally I was given a Kakuna card. Then I bought a Fire Energy at a card store.

Charizard was ten bucks...I didn't buy it, but remember that for now...

There was a, like, two month period when I was 'in the group.' By now, I was getting cards more because of my new fondness for pokemon, rather than wanting to be with the other guys (It can become VERY lonely standing around the playground almost completely alone, while everyone is up on the hill with their cards...).

Third to fourth grade, the cards are starting to fade, and the new thing is the Red and Blue Versions...I at this time had no gameboy. I didn't have one (gameboy color) until I got one with my saved allowance in fifth grade. So I was to sit around for a short period drawing Staryus, Starmies and Shellders (quite good ones may I add). I even gave some to classmates who wanted them (a lot wanted them).

Fourth to fifth grade was when I really got into the cards, even after I bought my gameboy color (cartrige?). I went to the weekly (every Friday!) 'gathering,' where I mastered rules, how to trade and how to battle. I got some cool prerelease and promo cards, it was all good. I bought a Gold cartrige, but I still mostly stuck with the cards, improving my skills.

Back at school, people were playing with stupid looking 'mini cards' (???), which resembled small rectangular (like 1x1/2 in.) pieces of cheap cardboard, with a mini picture of a pokemon, its type and stuff like that. Wierd. Anyway, shortly after, pokemon became banned (as it did with many schools across the nation), and pokemon seemed to be 'hated.' The only time it was referred to was if it was being dissed or something, so nobody talked about it. Nobody that still liked it was made fun of though...I got into the Gold Version that I had been neglecting for a while and laid (layed? lied?? lade??? Oh well...) low.

Sixth grade, you may say was a dud. Nobody talked about or mentioned pokemon, and I had become drastically less interested in the cards for a little while. Most others had gotten rid of their cards the previous year (from giving them away to shooting them with a BB gun). Nothing going on.

After a while, people just would, well, it's sort of odd really...
    Whenever someone is trying to refer to something in a conversation or joke or something, pokemon gets mentioned a lot, not anything good or bad, it just gets mentioned...

By now I am back in the cards, and back even more so with the game, considering my projects with the creation of Light White and Space Black (see my siggy). I also finished a deck (back in fifth grade), and nobody at all has ever beaten me :D...unfortunately I didn't get to use it when the cards were still hot...If anybody knows a way to battle on the internet or something...

Well that's my story.

The Suggestions:
    Many of you are saying things like some person tells you that you're dumb or something because you like pokemon, and that they're the dumb ones, but most of you also say that you just walk away or something. That's a good idea, but there is an alternative...let's look at an example...a quote from PIKA2..

"You're dumb because you like Pok?mon! It's for little kids!"

PIKA2: Childish little kid, passes school with high grades.
    Insult made by the insulter: Going to summer school, and can't spell the word soda.
    There, prove my point. ^_^

That one is my favorite :D

If you are in a situation like PIKA2's, where you know something to contredict the person insulting you, use it! Since it's battling them with logic, they have no reasonable thing to say against it. If they do though, you can just give them a look with one of your eyebrows raised that says 'what you just said was stupid and you know it' and if you want go 'uh-huh' in that expectant questioning voice. They'll have no way to cope with it, so end of problem!

I have no idea if I've helped at all but that's my suggestion!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back