• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Dumbest Rumour You've ever heard?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I've heard one guy joke about 'Mewfortytwo', which you obtained by going into Cerulean Cave with a team of six different Mewthree.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    One time, I found out that "Mew was avalible in the Red Version." bought the game and played It and the rumour was "Click on Gary before the Elite Four and he will give you a Mew and an Level 100 Missingno." I didn't fall for It though but my brother did. :P

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Here's one I almost forgot: If you catch six Unown (One C, two E, one L, one B, one I), then put them in your party in the order C-E-L-E-B-I and go to Ilex Forest, Celebi will be one of the wild Pokémon you can run into. I never tried it because I googled the trick and never found another source backing it up, but it sounded a lot more logical than most of the other rumors out there. What else are those stupid Unown good for?

Gelly

Don't eat me!
    Years
    Here's one I almost forgot: If you catch six Unown (One C, two E, one L, one B, one I), then put them in your party in the order C-E-L-E-B-I and go to Ilex Forest, Celebi will be one of the wild Pokémon you can run into. I never tried it because I googled the trick and never found another source backing it up, but it sounded a lot more logical than most of the other rumors out there. What else are those stupid Unown good for?

Lulz, the same xD

And the Bill's Secret garden, i really tought that it existed and i could caught Mew there -.-'

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    another thing i herd was that if you gave a plate to an unown then got it to level 100 it would evolve into a pokemon thats the same type as the plate and that started with the letter it was.

also i was watching a ball game and some random person i was talking to said that you could reach all the riegons from fire red.

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    funny i heard a similar one but with entei

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    The stupidest one I ever heard was that if you evolve your Pikachu into a Raichu and raise him to Level 100, he'll evolve into a Pikablu. Sadly, since I was young and stupid; I tried that. But, I have no regrets. I traded that Raichu back and fourth between versions for five years after that. LOL

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    lol another dumb rumor is that if you catch entei, raikou, suciune, ho-oh, lugia and an unown (all lvl 100) in your party and go to the ilex forest you can catch celebi
    took me 3 years to find out it was fake =(

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Oh, how can I forget the Celebi trick!

Catch Unown and put them in the following order: C-E-L-E-B-I and you get a Celebi in Ilex Forest. Tried that, wasted my battery.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
    The ones I heard for R/B/Y were:

1. Leave the game on for 365 days straight and SS. Anne would come back. (wall charger)
    2. Catch 150 Pokemon and one of the Gamefreak characters would give you a level 25 Mew.
    3. Fight 150 wild encounters in Cerulean Cave with Mewtwo up the front, Mew would appear as the 151st encounter.

I believed all of these for a time but only tried the last one. (I was 8 but new to Pokemon games)

G/S/C Rumors I heard:

1. Breeding Shiny Pokemon have a 50% chance of having Shiny offspring.
    2. Fight Red 10 times, go and talk to Blue to find out Oak passed away and the funeral would be in pallet town, a Path leading into a forest would be Next to Red's house now with Oak's grave, and Celebi would appear after 5 minutes of waiting.
    3. go to Ilex forest with the 3 legendary beasts in your party and click on the shrine, a level 10 Celebi would appear, also if you traded the 3 birds over a level 10 Mew would appear as well.

Those are just the ones I heard that weren't mentioned.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    Heres a good one;

You know the girl that asks you for a cherry pie (I think) on the SS. Anne? Well if you talk to her 100 times she'll say "GET ME MY D*** PIE!" If you continue to talk to her 1000 more times, she'll say "Fine don't get me my pie." And if you look at your party after that, they will all be gone, and in their place will be 6 Lv.1 Magicarps. Also your boxes will all be filled with Lv.1 Majicarps.

Really glad that one is not true.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    "Mew is under the truck in back of the S.S. ANNE, but in order to move it, you need to catch a chansey, and teach it strength."

...After about 13 hours of trying back when I was 9 years old, catching a chansey, and wasting one of its moves on strength, I can honestly say this:

...There is no effing mew underneath that truck.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
    Years
    Dumbest rumor I've heard is in conjunction to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Supposedly, if you beat the Elite 4, capture every possible Pokemon in Hoenn, and transfer Ho-Oh and the three Johto starters from Colosseum, your rival will be back at the front of Lilycove Department Store. Talk to them and they'll have the following party:

-Their starter at its final form
    -The opposite legendary beast of your game (You have Kyogre, they have Groudon)
    -Jirachi
    -Deoxys
    -The opposite Lati
    -And Rayquaza

Their Pokemon are all at level 80, and if you beat them, they'll ask you if you want the Wishing Pokemon, or the Alien Pokemon. Depending on your choice, gets you a level 80 Jirachi or Deoxys. Also, you are suppose to be able to go back to the cave in Sootopolis and you'll find the legendary you can't obtain, and the Lati you can't obtain is supposed to be runniong wild across Hoenn. Havn't tried it because I'm lazy, but it's to extensive to be true.

ShinySilver

Johto Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Worst Ever

Beat the Elite Four 50 times, then talk to Prof. Elm and he will give you HM Car. It can be used to climb ledges!

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
    No rumors about the game just rumours about games this was around...the 2nd gen games? Some kids kept saying that there are gona be a pokemon purple brown and some other colors..

Back