• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Dumbest Rumour You've ever heard?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Worst Ever

Beat the Elite Four 50 times, then talk to Prof. Elm and he will give you HM Car. It can be used to climb ledges!
    Oh my god, a car that climbs ledges? I don't think even a seven year old would believe that if they actually gave it a thought.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Rumor was that if you complete the whole game you can find a plant in crystal that if you talk to you will find a bulbasaur.
    Another is, you cut down a tree, save the game, and reload it, you will open it up to see that you are onto of the tree.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Another is, you cut down a tree, save the game, and reload it, you will open it up to see that you are onto of the tree.

Actually, that is true. Cut a tree, walk onto the space where it was, save the game, reset the system and you're on the tree. It's a little Game Freak Bug.

Dumbest rumour ever: Talk to the Machop a million times and it will join your team. Get it to level 30 without it having an extra experience point and it will evolve into every pokemon imaginable.

^ My friend said that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Haha - one of the worst ones I ever heard was one that a friend and I spread around. We said to leave a Magikarp with the Day-care Man and then collect it once it had grown to 50. Then, take the Magikarp from him, and give it a rare-candy. Then, take it to Professor Oak and he'd give you a Mew and a Master Ball.

XD People actually took us seriously ^^; XD It was so funny!

evilmagikarp94

Don't mess with Magikarp!
    Years
    I heard that you can go through the fences on Route 1 by pressing a load of buttons and in the grass there will be Charizards level 100 and Mews and Pikablus etc. Loada crap.

I also heard that when you throw a pokéball press Up+B whilst it's in mid-air and A+B when the pokémon is inside it to automaticely turn the pokéball into a masterball. I wasted alot of Pokéballs doing that lod of crap.

Years
    in R/B, if you catch a Missingno. and take it to Cerulean Cave, it starts glowing and becomes a Pikablu, which takes you to the Orange Islands.

O_o

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    That Pokemon Red and Blue has Typhlosion in it in the Japanese verisons but not in the American.

-.-'

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    That if you have a team of all Missingno.s and defeat the champion, that he'll instead of taking you to the hall of fame room that he'll take you to the world of the Pokegods...

Another really bad one:
    You know the Magikarp you can buy for 500 Pokedollars? Well, supposedly if you train it to lv. 50 in the daycare it will become a mew =P

ozmer

P o k e m a n i a c
    Years
    The weirdest rumor that I heard was that if you talk to the guard in the building that joins celedon city and saffron city 1000 times on the last time he will tell you to go to pallet town and you will find a 'pikabloo' in your house.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    That you can easily change your Pokemon to a shiny by going to Goldenrod city and talking everyone in the tower 3 times.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    The ever-so-famous "If you get a Magikarp or any Pokemon with Splash to level 90 and up, and it still knows Splash, then the move will be very powerful".

There was also the "Press UP+A when the Pokeball is in midair, and then hold A+B just as it opens up, and it'll work like a Master Ball". Though then again, that worked for me in any game. Sometimes XD Same with the "Hold DOWN+A+B when the Pokeball opens up". I didn't catch the level 70 Dialga and Palkia in Platinum in Pokeballs out of luck, after all.

St. Anger

Banned
    Years
    If you bust open your Pokemon Crystal, shove the circuit in the slot, you will have all badges, and your team will be filled with lv. 100 shiny mews, and every pokemon will be in the box each holding a masterball.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    Who heard the rumor about mew being in the back of the broken van or something, I think you had to visit the SS ANNE or something like that, It was on blue and red

Back