• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dumbest thing you have EVER seen on Pokemon?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Ash and the group could age a bit. That is extremely annoying. I've seen them keep kids' shows for kids with older characters, so why can't they do it in Pokemon??

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Deoxyz said:
    I think in "Pikachu's Goodbye," there was a BABY PIKACHU!
    I think that is very stupid, because they have created the all the Johto Pokemon by then! WHY did they have to do that???
    When the show was first made, Johto wasn't even thought of yet in Japan. o_O So there was no way of showing Pichu at that time if they never even thought of it.

And alot of you complaining about the Rocket Gang are nuts. Be thankful they're not interupting every second of Ash's life like they did in Kanto. It infuriated me to no end seeing them interupt a bunch of his Gym matches that he was actually battling in. Erika, Koga and Blaine come to mind. At least now the writers NEVER have them interupt a Hoenn Gym match. And at least they're no longer focusing on only Pikachu.

My only complaint is that they NEVER expand on the tournaments. :\ I wanna see a well constructed tournament. Not just one that only focuses on half of Ash's and shows the ending of his rivals' matches. x_x Give us some character development with those who we will be seeing battling and show us MORE of their battles. They totally screwed up Harrison's match considering he was such an awesome character. Yet they gave us the shaft by showing him losing the match, rather than the whole thing and then cutting to the end of the tournament. x_x Give us more than five episodes and involve MORE trainers and give us character development, and I'll be happy.

Oh yeah, most of Johto's fillers (aka, nearly all of Johto) was a complete waste and lack of imagination. :| And Hoenn seems to be getting quite a few in the Japanese version.

As for the aging thing, there's really nothing to age. What was five or so years for us was only about two or two and half years for Ash and the group in actuality. The show started in April 1997. Ash reached the Orange Islands in 1999. It was a two year airing, but they even mention in the anime that it had only been one year that he'd been in Kanto. Time passes quicker for us due to the one episode a week airing in Japan.

Last edited:

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
    1) Team Rocket - do they really have to be in every episode? I like Jessie, James and Meowth, but I really think, they shouldn`t be so often. Sometimes they have nothing to do. Writers are so stubborn, and in every episode they have to lose. Also, I don`t get it, how weak Phnapy on level 5 could win with strong Arbok and Weezing. Some Ash`s pokemon are weaker than TR`s pokes, but always have to win with them. I belive, if TR catches Metagross - level 100, it will lose with Ash`s Bayleef - level (for example) 30.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Numbered levels don't exist in the anime. :P It was just dumb luck on the Rocket Gang's side that they got beaten by a baby Phanpy. Besides, what chances does the gang have at capturing a powerful Pok?mon if they can't even succeed in catching one of Ash's?

Plus the Rocket Gang never really seems to focus to much on strategy. Usually they'll order the strongest attacks in battle and either a Sandstorm or Haze to allow them to get away. Ash does use strategy, which enables him to have a better chance against the Rocket Gang.

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Numbered levels don't exist in the anime. :P It was just dumb luck on the Rocket Gang's side that they got beaten by a baby Phanpy. Besides, what chances does the gang have at capturing a powerful Pok?mon if they can't even succeed in catching one of Ash's?

Plus the Rocket Gang never really seems to focus to much on strategy. Usually they'll order the strongest attacks in battle and either a Sandstorm or Haze to allow them to get away. Ash does use strategy, which enables him to have a better chance against the Rocket Gang.
    I know, levels don`t exist in anime, but true is, that Phnapy was much weaker than Arbok and Weezing. Also, it used only Rollout. I don`t like it, bad guys must lose because they are bad, and Ash must win because he is good. Of course, in AG Team Magma and Team Aqua don`t lose with Ash, and I really like it. For me its silly; Team Rocket (I`m thinking about all group, not only J&J&M) is a strong and dangerous Gang, but can`t win with one kid and his Pikachu. They should crush him. But noooo, 100 evil guys lose with one 10 years old boy *faints*

Absolkid

The best Absol Trainer!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 2, 2005
    Why does ash always tell Pikachu to use Thunderbolt, even though Team Rocket always have electric-proof containers. And can't they have containers for every type? It's really annoying how Pikachu always uses Thundershock! ><

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Absolkid said:
    Why does ash always tell Pikachu to use Thunderbolt, even though Team Rocket always have electric-proof containers. And can't they have containers for every type? It's really annoying how Pikachu always uses Thundershock! ><
    i know, pikachu rarely uses thunderbolt or thunder

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    What? o_O Pikachu's only Electric attacks that it's used passed Kanto has been Thunderbolt and Thunder. I can't even recall the last time he ever told Pikachu to use Thundershock.

And really, sometimes the Rockets forget to pack something Electric-proof, so you can't blame him for trying. And no, you really can't make an all-type proof system considering it's really not possible. Electric-proof exists considering it's usually rubber that makes electricity inefective. How do you think birds are able to stand on powerlines? :P

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Thundershock is really more for the grab and go things anyway to emulate Rayden from MK... I kind of miss that attack.

Stupid things again, the episodes with huge build-ups to things that turn out to be real letdowns when they get to them. It's more annoying when they spend several episodes building to something and then it turning out to have a rushed, or stupid end... I hope that isn't how Groudon vs Kyogre ends up [the one they've been building to in Hoenn (according to the Japanese storywriters, 'something happens to Pikachu and it creates a chain of events that could make these two episodes the best two episodes of Pokemon, yet') but it'll probably be a letdown too]... stuff like that's just plain irritating...

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    Uh, to all of the Team Rocket Fans:
    Incase you haven't noticed by now, Team Rocket are REGULARS to the show. They're side characters like Misty, Brock, Max, and May! They're ALWAYS on the openings,(i think they're on the new one, but I'm not sure) so don't blame them. They're as important as Ash's fellow travlers, they practically are.

The #1 MOST irritating thing, the BIGGEST problem I have with the show, is the fact that Ash ALWAYS ends up at the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time!
    ~Ash was around and strong enough to see Mewtwo.
    ~Ash was the 'Chosen One' and was there when the birds attacked.
    ~When Ash met the 8th Gym Leader, it was the 'One Year Event' with the Dragon Scale.
    ~Jirachi awakens every 1000 years is it? Anyway, Ash was there, and stumbled across Jirachi.
    ~A meteor crashes, and a legendary pokemon comes out just while Ash and gang is on their journey.
    ~Celebi time traveled right in Ash's direction.
    There are plenty more, but these are the biggest.

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
    Water Pokemon Master said:
    Uh, to all of the Team Rocket Fans:
    Incase you haven't noticed by now, Team Rocket are REGULARS to the show. They're side characters like Misty, Brock, Max, and May! They're ALWAYS on the openings,(i think they're on the new one, but I'm not sure) so don't blame them. They're as important as Ash's fellow travlers, they practically are.
    We don`t blame them. We only say, that writers should make this anime without so dumb things like: weak Phnapy wins with huge Arbok & Weezing. It is not flaming, blaming or bashing^^ Of course, Jessie, James and Meowth are main regular characters, but I think, they shouldn`t be in every episode, because somethimes they have nothing interesting to do. For example, if Ash has a fight with a Gym Leader, TR is not necessary. I remember, they almost destroyed fights between Ash and Morty and Ash and Clair.

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Yes, and 3 of Ash's Kanto badges haven't been earned by him. One was the Sabrina Battle, which he won because he made Sabrina laugh. :( The other one was the battle against Erika, he won coz he saved the gym.. I think TR did something to the gym, not sure...and the other one was the Earth badge which he won by defeating pathetic trainers TR. Even Blaine's gym battle took place on top of the volcano because of TR.
    So, I think TR have been the cause of Ash winning 4 Kanto badges, and if not 4, at least 2.
    And the other dumb thing : In many episodes, Ash jumps onto TR's vehicles(mostly trucks) moving at full speed. How??? Even a fully grown-up sman can't do that! Remember the episode in which he catches Lapras?

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Actually, he won Brock's, Misty's/Misty's sisters', Erika's and Sabrina's badges without actually completing a battle. Brock and Misty's sisters gave him their badges because they "felt he earned it", Erika and Sabrina's dad gave the respective badges to Ash just for saving someone. Not to mention, the Rocket Gang had interupted the Erika match..even though things were looking bad for Ash when Gloom came into battle.

By standard rules, Ash won the Green Badge battle the moment Jessie sent in more Pok?mon onto the field since she violated the rules of the match which would disqualify her.

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    Yeah, I see your guy's points. Gym Battles, like todays, would be good without TR. I'm just saying that it's the same thing as saying "I wish May would go away for a few episdoes". S'all.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The ultimate annoyance of Pokemon. When Team Rocket is in an episode featuring a Gym or League battle just to take up time, and doesn't actually do anything. I just want to kill them when this happens.

You got this cool freaking 3 episode long fight happening, only it's three episodes long because Team Rocket is sitting on the sidelines selling Girl Scout Cookies. Or a cool Gym Battle, and Team Rocket's digging a hole under Flannery's Gym, only to be blasted by a ruptured water main... While Meowth is going "Imagine da Boss! Whoa! And da hole in my freakin' chest!!!"... AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! They can be so ------- irritating!!!!!

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Team rocket, it just gets to repetetive! Plus, the plot holes. Like the gyarados sumbarine changing to a magikarp one, and Misty magically getting her Staryu back.

Years
    This is kinda random, but I was thinking. The gym leaders are supposed to be strong, right? This way Ash gets a challenge in battle. Well, how would someone weak as May stand a chance then?

Back