• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

During what Generation did you start playing/liking Pokemon

During what Generation did you start playing/liking Pokemon

• Generation I (Red, Blue, and Yellow era)

Votes: 105 70.9%
  • Generation II (Gold, Silver, and Crystal era)

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • Generation III (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald era)

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Generation IV (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum era)

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Generation V (Black and White era)(I won't play/like Pokemon until B&W are out)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I don't like/watch Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
Years
  • I started @ Generation 2, I bought Pokemon Gold, finished it and after a few ys played itagain. Then I bought 3rd Gen and 4th gen soon after.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
    Years
  • I remember hearing a lot of buzz about Pokemon in the late 90's. I was searching the internet for reviews of good RPGs for the gameboy color that were available in the UK, having played Link's Awakening to death. People started talking about pokemon and I think I had to wait a year or so before it was release in Europe.

I got pokemon blue. I enjoyed it as an RPG, but to be honest I was frustrated with the trading aspect as i didn't know anyone who played it and so never managed a trade. I also bought the pokemon pinball game which was awesome!

I pretty much gave up on pokemon because of the trading aspect. However when Pearl/Diamond came out I read about the ability to trade via internet and realised it may salvage the experience for me so I gave it a try. Enjoyed it a lot more but never really persevered beyond the story and a few trades.

However since buying HeartGold I've really got into the breeding/training/trading side much more and am really enjoying. So in some ways it's only now I've really got into it. Determined to complete at least the Johto 'dex!

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Well I freaking loved the anime when it first came out, so I starting liking Pokemon in Gen I. I never really got to play the games because I never got to have a Gameboy or anything until like, Gen III, but I would play my friend's Pokemon games sometimes. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, my parents were very strict when I was little, and i got my GBA when I was 9-10 yrs (I forgot exact age) and Saphire was my first game, but I have seen all the original episodes before that.

Yes! I'm not the only one!

Lol, if I got pokemon when I got mine, I woulda ended up an R/S player....but 'twas Emerald to be my destiny...

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2019
    R/B/Y. It was the best of pokemon and is going to be the best. They are like the underdogs of Pokemon.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • First Genration. In the corse of my life I have owned Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Ruby(lost it), Saphire (gave it away), Emerald, Pearl, Platinum and Heart Gold. And for B/W I'll get whichever one has the cooler exclusives. Or both. I'd like both.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Got interested in Pokémon during generation 1, first game (actually owned) was Silver, and then played all games until 4th generation... which I still haven't played; :0

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • First generation for sure.

I remember playing Red before the fad began. :D

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i started liking pokemon during generation 1. i got red, blue and yellow for my birthday.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    1st Generation... Since episode 1... stopped watching but played every game out... I had Blue and my friend had Red and we would battle every week... He had started with Bulbasaur because I used Squirtle (I was hoping we would pick the games Pokemon xD) and he evolved it fully and got a Charizard before beating Brock... He was like a human AR...

Hiiragi

(׬×)
    Years
  • My first game was Emerald, which I got when it just came out, if I remember correctly. Gen III is also my favorite generation.^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    i started playing pokemon crystal last year on my mobile phone then liked playing it on DS this year with emerald version so im kinda late LOL,

Back